• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I wasn't reschedule but thanks to moderators and everyone on this forum. Wish I was here earlier. I have learnt a lot in the hard way. Wish success to all who made it to the states and better luck to us too.
Sorry it did not work out for you in DV-2015 - very unfortunate, given December 9th, 2014 and September 30, 2015 was many months of waiting. Good luck in the forthcoming DV-2017 lottery!

I wasn't reschedule but thanks to moderators and everyone on this forum. Wish I was here earlier. I have learnt a lot in the hard way. Wish success to all who made it to the states and better luck to us too.

Truly sorry to learn you didn't get rescheduled. Give 2017 another shot, and all the best as you move on.

Hello forum members, i have been in the states 5 weeks now.i checked the uscis status and realised my green card has been sent to my previous address and was labelled as 'no such address' and returned to the post office. I however, changed my address at the POE and was expecting to recieve the card through my new address.i called the uscis to notify them and they asked me to file an AR 11 form.i did that last Friday and posted it to them..How long does it take to resend undelivered green card to a new address.im scheduled to go back to Ghana on 28th.

Thanks
My green card is in now...I hope yours is on its way. Congrats to those of us who made it, to those who didn't, better luck next time.

Congrats to everyone, y'all enjoy your stay in the states and don't forget us tho lol.

Meanwhile I've also entered the DV 2017 and hope to get guidelines from y'all from time to time.
Regards

please i need an advise or help on what to do. i did ommitted a letter in my name, when i was playing the dv.
my is SIEGFRIED AND I OMMITED THE LETTER "E" AND WROTE SIGFRIED..
PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO?
CAN THIS AFFECT MY CHANCES FOR A VISA IN ANYWAY?

PLEASE I DO NEED YOUR ADVISE.

please i need an advise or help on what to do. i did ommitted a letter in my name, when i was playing the dv.
my is SIEGFRIED AND I OMMITED THE LETTER "E" AND WROTE SIGFRIED..
PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO?
CAN THIS AFFECT MY CHANCES FOR A VISA IN ANYWAY?

PLEASE I DO NEED YOUR ADVISE.

If you are from Ghana it can be a big deal as the embassy is very strict. Hard to tell for sure. Nothing you do after you have submitted the entry unfortunately.
Are you actually selected?

My green card is in now...I hope yours is on its way. Congrats to those of us who made it, to those who didn't, better luck next time.
ohk nice one . mine has been sent back to mesquite, texas to be resent to me, yet to recieve a receipt confirmation from uscis and their next possible action.i have completed all the necessary paper work for the change of address.

Was your green card delivered through your mail box or hand delivered?

Last edited:
ohk nice one . mine has been sent back to mesquite, texas to be resent to me, yet to recieve a receipt confirmation from uscis and their next possible action.i have completed all the necessary paper work for the change of address.

Was your green card delivered through your mail box or hand delivered?
Mail box

i just made it to phoenix Arizona which is a peaceful city and one thing people rumoring is the saying that one cannot get financial aid for college study unless one stays for 1year in the state. i tried to contact the financial aid office on the phone but things arent still clear. any info from forummates will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
i just made it to phoenix Arizona which is a peaceful city and one thing people rumoring is the saying that one cannot get financial aid for college study unless one stays for 1year in the state. i tried to contact the financial aid office on the phone but things arent still clear. any info from forummates will be greatly appreciated

A word of advice if you truly want people to keep helping you: you might want to stop using phrases/words such as "the untold story", "people rumoring" - just go straight to your question or simply state whatever it is you find personally confusing.

All LPR and USC are eligible to apply for government sponsored education financial aids and grants. This is typically done through FAFSA and Pell Grants application based on demonstrated financial needs. You will need to do more than calling the financial aid office of your prospective school. Spend some time going through their financial aid website, and follow up with a visit to the school itself and speak with a financial aid advisor face to face.

For instance Arizona State University's website has some useful information as a starting point:

https://students.asu.edu/scholarships/resources/other

FAFSA
https://fafsa.ed.gov/

PELL Grant
https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/pell

The one year stay in a state 'rumoring' you're talking about possibly has to do with meeting the State's residency requirements before qualifying to pay in-tuition fee. Has nothing to do with a PELL grant award which by the way is basically free money from the government to study - it is not a loan, doesn't need to be paid back - bear in mind though, it however may not cover your entire fees, and it is only awarded based on a demonstrated financial need basis.

A word of advice if you truly want people to keep helping you: you might want to stop using phrases/words such as "the untold story", "people rumoring" - just go straight to your question or simply state whatever it is you find personally confusing.

All LPR and USC are eligible to apply for government sponsored education financial aids and grants. This is typically done through FAFSA and Pell Grants application based on demonstrated financial needs. You will need to do more than calling the financial aid office of your prospective school. Spend some time going through their financial aid website, and follow up with a visit to the school itself and speak with a financial aid advisor face to face.

For instance Arizona State University's website has some useful information as a starting point:

https://students.asu.edu/scholarships/resources/other

FAFSA
https://fafsa.ed.gov/

PELL Grant
https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/pell

The one year stay in a state 'rumoring' you're talking about possibly has to do with meeting the State's residency requirements before qualifying to pay in-tuition fee. Has nothing to do with a PELL grant award which by the way is basically free money from the government to study - it is not a loan, doesn't need to be paid back - bear in mind though, it however may not cover your entire fees, and it is only awarded based on a demonstrated financial need basis.
well elaborated, as always, and thank you

this to usa14
Once you have SHS cert or results with passes in the 5 prerequisite subjectsn pls what are the subjets?

Really sad how there's almost NO activity on the DV2016 selectees from Ghana page. I wonder what's happening this fiscal year.

I am DVwinner I have a problem concerning the medicals I am hepatitis B carrier can this cause a denial of my Visa.
the year is 2016 CN86** interview date is 22/01/1016.pls help I am afraid because didn't take the vaccine and now I am hepatitis B carrier I am afraid.

I am DVwinner I have a problem concerning the medicals I am hepatitis B carrier can this cause a denial of my Visa.
the year is 2016 CN86** interview date is 22/01/1016.pls help I am afraid because didn't take the vaccine and now I am hepatitis B carrier I am afraid.

Hepatitis is not listed as one of the communicable diseases that renders one ineligible for a visa, so you shouldn't be denied on that basis.

Hi Guys. Hope everyone is doing good?
Please how does a DV 2016 selectee get interview notification? Is it still by email or you would have to check a website for update on interview schedule ?

Hi Guys. Hope everyone is doing good?
Please how does a DV 2016 selectee get interview notification? Is it still by email or you would have to check a website for update on interview schedule ?

Both. The email alerts you to check the website - the email itself has no information. The website is the same as the one you checked whether you got selected. If your number is current, check it even if you haven't got the email.