• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

One of the few potential pitfalls transitioning from F-1 to Green Card through DV are the following:

a) unauthorized employment - make sure you have all your CPT and OPT ducks in a row and well documented, in case you have worked any time off campus wile under F-1 and
b) overcoming "public charge" concerns - as you will be graduating by the end of the Fall 2015 Semester, check whether you will be able to present an preliminary employment agreement (another reason to apply for OPT, as this might help you to facilitate the former) and/or present other financial documentation to help you argue your case.

Other than that, you should be fine, presuming you have been all "clean" during your time preceding your F-1 status, as well. Again, best of luck!
a) i have never worked in or off campus during my stay here, never had a SSN.
b) my uncle owns a business and he will can be my sponsor, and also i can include a bank statement of my parents who support me and which is back in my home country.
I don't think that i have ever did an unauthorized employment, never got paid by an employer and never filed taxes. Just occasionally help my uncle here and there...

a) i have never worked in or off campus during my stay here, never had a SSN.
b) my uncle owns a business and he will can be my sponsor, and also i can include a bank statement of my parents who support me and which is back in my home country.
I don't think that i have ever did an unauthorized employment, never got paid by an employer and never filed taxes. Just occasionally help my uncle here and there...
Excellent, continue the good prep work and you will prevail and be successful in managing this process, which may well feel arduous at times.

Hey, thanx for a replies.
I have read every step in the attached document.
I also have question about G-1145 form. Will it cancel the regular mailing notifications to my address?

We included a bank statement under her name as well as mine (the combined statements is more than 125% of poverty limit). I also included my letter of offer, and pay stub. At first when I go through the spreadsheet, I thought those listed under the spouse are the documents needed from derivative applicant. I guess I had misunderstood. But thanks for your reply, I will make them ready and bring them during interview. BTW, my wife received 2NL already. I will keep update.

The fact that you included all the other financial documents which are not listed under those normally required of the derivative means you should have included the tax documents too :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the 2NL update.

The fact that your wife doesn't earn an income and you're the one earning the income sustaining your family is precisely why you should have included those as part of your wife's financial package. I mean how were you guys planning on convincing the IO your wife on her own wouldn't be a public charge.

Anyway, it's not too late. Have them on hand for when you go for your interview. And present them if requested.
Mom,

is there a possibility that our AOS gets rejected (without interview) due to the fact I didn't include tax returns documents? I think I am too nervous, if that really happen, I will feel deeply sorry to my wife. Thanks.

Mom,

is there a possibility that our AOS gets rejected (without interview) due to the fact I didn't include tax returns documents? I think I am too nervous, if that really happen, I will feel deeply sorry to my wife. Thanks.

No, not likely to happen. Relax

Hey Mom,
My husband got second letter 2 days ago (10/02/2015) He is principle applicant. I didn't receive any letter I just wanted to make sure it's normal. In addition we can't log in to DVlottery.state.gov with our confirmation number anymore!
Another word: Is it OK if we send the check ($330 for each person) a little bit later? We are not current yet.
Thanks in advance

Hey Mom,
My husband got second letter 2 days ago (10/02/2015) He is principle applicant. I didn't receive any letter I just wanted to make sure it's normal. In addition we can't log in to DVlottery.state.gov with our confirmation number anymore!
Another word: Is it OK if we send the check ($330 for each person) a little bit later? We are not current yet.
Thanks in advance

Yes it's normal. All the communications will be directed at just one person, and that's just the main selectee/principal applicant.

Hopefully, you printed out your 1NL? Looks like the site might be experiencing technical difficulties with the start of the DV2017 eDV registration.

You're free to make the DV payment whenever you like, as long as you give yourselves enough time to receive the payment receipt.

I'm yet to receive my 2NL - should I be worried? If I don't receive it this week - is there somewhere I can call to check in?

Hello mom,
Thanks for helping out the people through out this forum.

I'm currently F1 student in US and recently sent my AOS package for DV 2016 (My number is current for October).

I included my I-94 and I-797A (Related to previous change of status to F1) and a letter from my department that I'm a research assistant in this department since my enrollment and indicated my potential graduation date.
Unfortunately I forgot to include my I-20 and CPT permit(I worked off-campus this summer with CPT permission) with the package.

I wonder if it is possible for you to advise me how to include this missing documents in my application? Will USCIS request it or should I follow up my self?

Thanks for your time.

Hello mom,
Thanks for helping out the people through out this forum.

I'm currently F1 student in US and recently sent my AOS package for DV 2016 (My number is current for October).

I included my I-94 and I-797A (Related to previous change of status to F1) and a letter from my department that I'm a research assistant in this department since my enrollment and indicated my potential graduation date.
Unfortunately I forgot to include my I-20 and CPT permit(I worked off-campus this summer with CPT permission) with the package.

I wonder if it is possible for you to advise me how to include this missing documents in my application? Will USCIS request it or should I follow up my self?

Thanks for your time.

An RFE/RFI isn't usually issued by USCIS for DV cases. So you'll need to make sure you take those documents along with you to your interview and inform your IO about them.

on the spreadsheet there is "• I-130 Form – Advanced Parole " for Child. Is it a mistake and there should be i-131? And I came to the question if I need to file i-130 for child?
Thanks.

Hello,

I have a question - my wife won the lottery. Me and our two sons was in her application.
However, the youngest was born here and he basically doesn't need a GC.
We filed DS-260 appl for three of us except this kid (I technically couldn't file it, because there is no "US" in the "nationality" field) but the link for his application is shown in the interface and it has status "incomplete".
We did this 3 month ago and never received 2ND letter.
We concerned, if our applications will be processed with "incomplete" status of one of the "accompany".
Any advice?
*sorry if this question have been answered already, I couldn't find it.
Thank you!

on the spreadsheet there is "• I-130 Form – Advanced Parole " for Child. Is it a mistake and there should be i-131? And I came to the question if I need to file i-130 for child?
Thanks.

Yes, that's a typo, it should be I-131. Thanks for pointing that out, the spreadsheet has been updated.

Hello,

I have a question - my wife won the lottery. Me and our two sons was in her application.
However, the youngest was born here and he basically doesn't need a GC.
We filed DS-260 appl for three of us except this kid (I technically couldn't file it, because there is no "US" in the "nationality" field) but the link for his application is shown in the interface and it has status "incomplete".
We did this 3 month ago and never received 2ND letter.
We concerned, if our applications will be processed with "incomplete" status of one of the "accompany".
Any advice?
*sorry if this question have been answered already, I couldn't find it.
Thank you!

You did the right thing, you're not supposed to fill out a DS-260 for a child born in the US. Your form will be processed and you will get the 2NL eventually (I'm assuming you guys are processing AOS?).