• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Hi all
Thanks for this great forum.
Am losing sleep over the fact that my wife who is the principal seems to have a problem together with one of our daughters. Their middle and first names are interchanged in the DS260 and interview date is Oct 14th. all my wife's documents read maiden name(surname) then first name i.e Adong Mary, then passport(after marriage) reads Okello Adong Mary but unfortunately we erroneously filled DS260 as surname,first, middle i.e Okello Mary Adong. this differs from the passport. Therefore its only in the DS260 that this error exists. when i first noticed the error in my daughter's names, I asked KCC to unlock the DS260 in order to correct my daughter's names to which they said that our case was already being scheduled for interview however i may take that information to the interview.
1. Does this mean i should take the email requesting a change to the interview to show i tried to correct it?
2. Someone know how bad this error is? especially so that my wife is the principal.
Thanks.
Ok This exact thing happened to me with one of my kids and I am scheduled for an interview on 13/10 so what you need to do is send an email to your embassy advising them with the correct name and they will reply to your email saying that they will amend it for you on the day of the interview. Print this email and take it with you. Problem solved, I actually went on the DS260 and found that I put the name correctly last name, first name so I am not sure why it is showing differently on the interview letter. Hope this helps:)

Hello Guys, thanks to all to spend your time in helping us.
I have a very technical question about police reports

According to the requirements:
An applicant requires police certificates if:
1) “is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months and is 16 years old or older” – I think i don’t need a police report based on req.1 because I am not “living” right now in my country of origin

2) “lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months and was 16 years or older at that time” – This one I am not sure. Do you know what do they mean by “different part of the country”? does it mean that you would need another police report if, lets say I lived in another city within my country? because I only lived in one city, one part of my country when i was there, so as far as I understand i don’t need a police report

3) “lived in a different country for more than 12 months and was 16 years or older at that time" – I know i definetly need a police report of my current country of residence, which i’ve been living for the past ten years.

I stopped living in my country of nationality when i was 16 (year 2002), so far i have not lived there since. I went there couple of times after that but only visiting, the last time I was there was only for a couple of months in 2005. so do I need police report from there?

I think i cannot get this document because i would need a valid ID (NOT PASSPORT) from my country of nationality (Venezuela) which expired in 2005, I would need to travel back to Venezuela which will be a astronomical financial burden for me (I live in Kuala Lumpur) as I don't have close relatives there than can do this for me.
Not only that, I dont know how long it would take, I dont think the government services will be fast, probably i will have to travel couple of times, which cost 4x of my monthly salary.

So yeah...I am quite an special case, what do you guys think about this?

Thank you very much!

Hello Guys, thanks to all to spend your time in helping us.
I have a very technical question about police reports

According to the requirements:
An applicant requires police certificates if:
1) “is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months and is 16 years old or older” – I think i don’t need a police report based on req.1 because I am not “living” right now in my country of origin

2) “lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months and was 16 years or older at that time” – This one I am not sure. Do you know what do they mean by “different part of the country”? does it mean that you would need another police report if, lets say I lived in another city within my country? because I only lived in one city, one part of my country when i was there, so as far as I understand i don’t need a police report

3) “lived in a different country for more than 12 months and was 16 years or older at that time" – I know i definetly need a police report of my current country of residence, which i’ve been living for the past ten years.

I stopped living in my country of nationality when i was 16 (year 2002), so far i have not lived there since. I went there couple of times after that but only visiting, the last time I was there was only for a couple of months in 2005. so do I need police report from there?

I think i cannot get this document because i would need a valid ID (NOT PASSPORT) from my country of nationality (Venezuela) which expired in 2005, I would need to travel back to Venezuela which will be a astronomical financial burden for me (I live in Kuala Lumpur) as I don't have close relatives there than can do this for me.
Not only that, I dont know how long it would take, I dont think the government services will be fast, probably i will have to travel couple of times, which cost 4x of my monthly salary.

So yeah...I am quite an special case, what do you guys think about this?

Thank you very much!

I think you need to renew your ID in your Embassy in Malaysia then ask for a police record from your origin country (Venezuela) and another police record from your current residence country (Malaysia)

Venezuela (
Police, Court, Prison Records
Police Records
Available. Police certificates (Certificación de Antecedentes Penales, in Spanish) are available free of charge to Venezuelans and non-Venezuelans over the age of 18 who are physically present in Venezuela and have either a national identity card (cédula de identidad, in Spanish) or passport. Applicants must apply in person at the División de Antecedentes Penales del Ministerio de Interior y Justicia, Edificio Paris, piso 5, La Candelaria, Caracas, Venezuela. Venezuelans residing outside of Venezuela can obtain their police certificate by having a close relative resident in Venezuela submit a request (this option is not available to non-Venezuelans).

Alternatively, the any applicant may obtain a police certificate online. Consult the following web site http://www.mpprij.gob.ve/ and select the option "certificaciones para trámites intercionales".
) Source http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/VE.html
try to find a relative who can obtain in for you using your passport number

Malaysia (
Police Records
Available. Both Malaysians and non-Malaysians who have resided in Malaysia for a period of more than one year may apply for a Malaysian certificate of good conduct.

Applicants residing in Malaysia should submit their applications to:

Consular Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia
Wisma Putra
No. 1 Jalan Wisma Putra
Precinct 2
62602 Putrajaya
Selangor
Tel: 6-03-8887-4000

Applicants residing outside Malaysia should contact the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate in their country of current residence. The application form for the Malaysian Certificate of Good Conduct, as well as the addresses and telephone numbers of Malaysian Missions abroad are available at the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs web site.

Applications for the Certificate of Good Conduct must be accompanied with the following documents:

• 2 Malaysian passport size photographs (40cm x 55cm);
  • 2 copies of the applicant's Malaysian identification card;
  • 2 copies of the applicant's passport (for non-Malaysians, copies of all passport pages);
  • A self-addressed stamped envelope;
  • An introduction letter from the employer (for non-Malaysians).

Processing fee of Malaysian ringgit 20.00 in cash or Malaysian postal order made under the name of Akauntan Negara Malaysia.

Processing time for the certificate is one to two months from the date of submission. The certificate of good conduct will be forwarded to the applicant using their self-addressed stamped envelope. The certificate may also be collected by the applicant at the consular division counter.)
source http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/MY.html

Good Luck

I think you need to renew your ID in your Embassy in Malaysia then ask for a police record from your origin country (Venezuela) and another police record from your current residence country (Malaysia)

Venezuela (
Police Records
Available. Police certificates (Certificación de Antecedentes Penales, in Spanish) are available free of charge to Venezuelans and non-Venezuelans over the age of 18 who are physically present in Venezuela and have either a national identity card (cédula de identidad, in Spanish) or passport. Applicants must apply in person at the División de Antecedentes Penales del Ministerio de Interior y Justicia, Edificio Paris, piso 5, La Candelaria, Caracas, Venezuela. Venezuelans residing outside of Venezuela can obtain their police certificate by having a close relative resident in Venezuela submit a request (this option is not available to non-Venezuelans).

Alternatively, the any applicant may obtain a police certificate online. Consult the following web sitend select the option "certificaciones para trámites intercionales".

try to find a relative who can obtain in for you using your passport number

Malaysia (
Police Records
Available. Both Malaysians and non-Malaysians who have resided in Malaysia for a period of more than one year may apply for a Malaysian certificate of good conduct.

Applicants residing in Malaysia should submit their applications to:

Consular Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia
Wisma Putra
No. 1 Jalan Wisma Putra
Precinct 2
62602 Putrajaya
Selangor
Tel: 6-03-8887-4000

Applicants residing outside Malaysia should contact the nearest Malaysian embassy or consulate in their country of current residence. The application form for the Malaysian Certificate of Good Conduct, as well as the addresses and telephone numbers of Malaysian Missions abroad are available at the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Applications for the Certificate of Good Conduct must be accompanied with the following documents:

• 2 Malaysian passport size photographs (40cm x 55cm);
  • 2 copies of the applicant's Malaysian identification card;
  • 2 copies of the applicant's passport (for non-Malaysians, copies of all passport pages);
  • A self-addressed stamped envelope;
  • An introduction letter from the employer (for non-Malaysians).

Processing fee of Malaysian ringgit 20.00 in cash or Malaysian postal order made under the name of Akauntan Negara Malaysia.

Processing time for the certificate is one to two months from the date of submission. The certificate of good conduct will be forwarded to the applicant using their self-addressed stamped envelope. The certificate may also be collected by the applicant at the consular division counter.)
source

Good Luck
Thanks for that, but I have already read all that previously.

So,
1) I am faced by the wording used in the part on the supporting documents page. (travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html)
They clearly say "Is living in their country of nationality" - I am clearly not living there since 2002, and "lived in a different part of their country of nationality" - Different part of a country means as in different cities, different states, etc. For Brazilians, for instance, they would need a police reports for each state they have lived for the past 5 years. So if i take these words literally then I don't need a police report from Venezuela. so....yeah any thoughts on that?

2) I have checked the reciprocity tables already, i checked the website given there, I have read everything that I need to read, but as a requirement for the police report, they (Venezuela) requires that I have a valid ID in their online applications, and if I am not mistaken they need that I go personally to collect it. So how do i get a new valid ID? I will need to go there because the embassy does not have the authority to issue IDs and police reports. I don't have any close relatives in Venezuela, I don't have any ties with that country anymore.

So what can I do? I can't travel there because I don't have time nor money. is it really necessary for me to have this? based on the literal words used in the Documents requirements page I would not need this.

So,
1) I am faced by the wording used in the part on the supporting documents page. (travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/if-you-are-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html)
They clearly say "Is living in their country of nationality" - I am clearly not living there since 2002, and "lived in a different part of their country of nationality" - Different part of a country means as in different cities, different states, etc. For Brazilians, for instance, they would need a police reports for each state they have lived for the past 5 years. So if i take these words literally then I don't need a police report from Venezuela. so....yeah any thoughts on that?

2) I have checked the reciprocity tables already, i checked the website given there, I have read everything that I need to read, but as a requirement for the police report, they (Venezuela) requires that I have a valid ID in their online applications, and if I am not mistaken they need that I go personally to collect it. So how do i get a new valid ID? I will need to go there because the embassy does not have the authority to issue IDs and police reports. I don't have any close relatives in Venezuela, I don't have any ties with that country anymore.

So what can I do? I can't travel there because I don't have time nor money. is it really necessary for me to have this? based on the literal words used in the Documents requirements page I would not need this.

Oh btw, I can easily get the malaysian police report. I know i need that one. : )

Its of concern to me. What if I swear in an affidavit to a lawyer and attached the copy to my supporting documents?

So,

The question you should be asking yourself is do you really want the GC, and not 'is it really necessary for you to have' the PCC from Venezuela.

You lived in Venezuela till you turned 16, so you do need the PCC from there.

Its of concern to me. What if I swear in an affidavit to a lawyer and attached the copy to my supporting documents?

The two names on your B/C do not match any of the names on your passport or the rest of your documents. Did you undergo a change of any at any point in time?

Thanks for your encouragement, but in order for me to go there it would be an astronomical financial burden, plus I don't have the time to go there. I really want to get the GC, but a round trip from KL to Caracas for me is very very expensive. And probably I will need to travel more than once.

So can anyone tell where can I find the list the specific requirements for the PCC? Or any other way to mitigate this?

The two names on your B/C do not match any of the names on your passport or the rest of your documents. Did you undergo a change of any at any point in time?
There is no change on the names. Its only that my given first name at birth is on my B/C. After christened and confirmed in church, I had other names, but these are not on my B/C. My PP has my other names but not the first one on my B/C.

Thanks for your encouragement, but in order for me to go there it would be an astronomical financial burden, plus I don't have the time to go there. I really want to get the GC, but a round trip from KL to Caracas for me is very very expensive. And probably I will need to travel more than once.

So can anyone tell where can I find the list the specific requirements for the PCC? Or any other way to mitigate this?
Hi
There is no change on the names. Its only that my given first name at birth is on my B/C. After christened and confirmed in church, I had other names, but these are not on my B/C. My PP has my other names but not the first one on my B/C.

Hello! Getting the Pcc in Venezuela is actually one of the easiest docs to get, I was surprised cos usually things in Venezuela take weeks or months. It only takes 5 work days (días hábiles) You go to the website http://www.mpprij.gob.ve/ and go to certificaciones internacionales. They ask your personal information and to whom it is going to be issued Embajada de los Estados Unidos de America en Kuala Lumpur maybe??
Regarding your cédula or ID you can easily get one at any Saime office presenting a copy of your old cedula, you get it the same day. You pick up your records at the office in Plaza La Candelaria presenting your cedula.
Thats it. Good luck

The address used during the eDV registration is immaterial. Interview location will be based on the address entered in the DS-260 form. So if you only submitted your DS-260 form after moving to Paris, there was no need to contact KCC, your interview location will be Paris based on the address entered on the DS-260 form.

Thank you for the information, it is very much appreciated!!

For the third time. You do not need to travel there. You would be unwise to not obtain the PCC. Perhaps you should try the online service and see what happens....

Hi all
I have a problem and need your advise.
I submit the ds 260 in May 19, and unlocked in 31 of July for making some changes. Because of a bad and nonfunctional of system address in my city, I declared my sisters address as mine (the residence). Cheating address can penalize me? Do I need to re unlock my case? I really don't want to cause delays (CN EU11xxx) because is important to me to apply for the GC as soon as possible. What is your advice?
Please, there is anyone who can help me???

Hi all
I have a problem and need your advise.
I submit the ds 260 in May 19, and unlocked in 31 of July for making some changes. Because of a bad and nonfunctional of system address in my city, I declared my sisters address as mine (the residence). Cheating address can penalize me? Do I need to re unlock my case? I really don't want to cause delays (CN EU11xxx) because is important to me to apply for the GC as soon as possible. What is your advice?

It isn't too serious a problem - but rather than stressing about it, why haven't you simply unlocked, fixed it and resubmitted?

Sorry for quoting your post!! I was writing from my phone and somehow it got there and I didnt notice.

Do you have any certificate from your church indicating you got christened and confirmed with these names? Is that a normal practice in your country?

Do you have any certificate from your church indicating you got christened and confirmed with these names? Is that a normal practice in your country?
I don't have any certificate. I have been advised to do a notarised affidavit in reference to that. what do you think?

I don't have any certificate. I have been advised to do a notarised affidavit in reference to that. what do you think?

I don't know if that will be okay or not, your CO may or may not make a fuss on the fact that none of the names on the rest of your documents matches what's on the B/C you're presenting. You'll find out on the day of your interview.

Hello,
My number is EU10XXX and I sent the DS260 the 2nd week of May. Could I get an interview in November and if so should I get the e-mail the last week of September or earlier?
Also, I had to change my passport after filling out the DS260 it was damaged), can I tell them that directly during the interview or will that be a problem??
Once the interview is done how long do we have to wait to receive the documents before we can leave?
Thank you in advance!