• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

Dear Mom and Mr Simon, thank you so much.... Truly appreciate your assistance :):)
Now I look forward for my interview.... ;)

Hello all,
I'm an Australian citizen, and was living in Montreal, Canada at the time of DV lottery application, but have now relocated to Paris, France. Does this change my chances? I married my now husband a few weeks ago on August 1st, so submitted my forms a few days later. My case number is 2016OC000002XX. Do you think there is a good chance that I will get an interview?
Thank you in advance for your response.
Felicity

You won't get an October interview, @Felicity2487. It takes 2-3 months to process the DS260 so, you will need to allow August, September and maybe even October for them to process your form before they schedule an interview. I'd say November if you're lucky but, otherwise, December or January.

Where you live is irrelevant. What is relevant is your case number and when you submitted your DS260 for yourself and your husband.

You won't get an October interview, @Felicity2487. It takes 2-3 months to process the DS260 so, you will need to allow August, September and maybe even October for them to process your form before they schedule an interview. I'd say November if you're lucky but, otherwise, December or January.

Where you live is irrelevant. What is relevant is your case number and when you submitted your DS260 for yourself and your husband.

Thank you for your response Emily! So I won't miss out because I delayed filling in the DS260 forms? I only filled them in early August.

No you won't miss out! Put that worry to bed and never think about it again. You have a great number and, if it's below 250, you're already current. So all you're waiting on is the KCC to process your forms and then they will schedule an interview and you'll be on your way. You're golden. :)

No you won't miss out! Put that worry to bed and never think about it again. You have a great number and, if it's below 250, you're already current. So all you're waiting on is the KCC to process your forms and then they will schedule an interview and you'll be on your way. You're golden. :)

Ok great to hear!! Thank you for putting my mind at ease Emily, I was reading the forums and started to have a little freak out. All information is greatly appreciated :) This is my first time applying so have no knowledge or experience, but working on it! Hope you're enjoying the U.S :):)

Also, your DropBox file is super helpful! Thank you!

Ah ok, in that case if the CBP officer asks you indicate that this is the plan. Presumably you will have a return ticket to back you up so it hopefully won't be a problem.
Hi Susie & Mom, thanks for all the tips. I successfully made the way in but my documents were double checked by CBP, which I am not sure if it is something related to my status.

Hi all
Thanks for this great forum.
Am losing sleep over the fact that my wife who is the principal seems to have a problem together with one of our daughters. Their middle and first names are interchanged in the DS260 and interview date is Oct 14th. all my wife's documents read maiden name(surname) then first name i.e Adong Mary, then passport(after marriage) reads Okello Adong Mary but unfortunately we erroneously filled DS260 as surname,first, middle i.e Okello Mary Adong. this differs from the passport. Therefore its only in the DS260 that this error exists. when i first noticed the error in my daughter's names, I asked KCC to unlock the DS260 in order to correct my daughter's names to which they said that our case was already being scheduled for interview however i may take that information to the interview.
1. Does this mean i should take the email requesting a change to the interview to show i tried to correct it?
2. Someone know how bad this error is? especially so that my wife is the principal.
Thanks.

Our case number is 2016AS13XX. We submitted the DS-260 sometime in May or June then unlocked and submitted again around 15 July. What is the most likely date we will receive the 2nl and also the date for the interview?

Hi Emily,

I was hoping you could help me. I changed my address from Montreal, Canada to Paris, France after I entered the DV lottery, so I just entered my new address on the DS260 forms and requested an interview in Paris. I emailed KCC to check if this would change my case and they said -

If you need to change your interview location because your residency has changed, you will need to include the previous address on the original electronic entry and the new address in your email. You will also need to request that KCC unlock your DS-260, so that you can update your application with your new address. (Please note that Post Office Boxes and mailing addresses in care of another person do not justify a change of interview location.)
Do my spouse and I now need to unlock our forms, change to my old address in Montreal, Canada and then request that they change my address and interview location to Paris? It might sound like a silly question, but I just don't want to be disqualified for such a small detail! Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
F

Hi Emily,

I was hoping you could help me. I changed my address from Montreal, Canada to Paris, France after I entered the DV lottery, so I just entered my new address on the DS260 forms and requested an interview in Paris. I emailed KCC to check if this would change my case and they said -

If you need to change your interview location because your residency has changed, you will need to include the previous address on the original electronic entry and the new address in your email. You will also need to request that KCC unlock your DS-260, so that you can update your application with your new address. (Please note that Post Office Boxes and mailing addresses in care of another person do not justify a change of interview location.)
Do my spouse and I now need to unlock our forms, change to my old address in Montreal, Canada and then request that they change my address and interview location to Paris? It might sound like a silly question, but I just don't want to be disqualified for such a small detail! Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!
F

The address used during the eDV registration is immaterial. Interview location will be based on the address entered in the DS-260 form. So if you only submitted your DS-260 form after moving to Paris, there was no need to contact KCC, your interview location will be Paris based on the address entered on the DS-260 form.

Hi all
I have a problem and need your advise.
I submit the ds 260 in May 19, and unlocked in 31 of July for making some changes. Because of a bad and nonfunctional of system address in my city, I declared my sisters address as mine (the residence). Cheating address can penalize me? Do I need to re unlock my case? I really don't want to cause delays (CN EU11xxx) because is important to me to apply for the GC as soon as possible. What is your advice?

Hi there. I live in the US. My Mom won a dv lottery 2016, so my Dad and my Sister(she's 20) are eligible to get it too, right? They are from Ukraine. So we've been preparing all docs. The interview day in Kiev is not scheduled yet. They did medicals today, doctors did 2 times x rays for my Mom and my Dad (they are smokers), and my Dads' x ray was fine, but my Moms', they found some scar in her lungs :( and that why she has to be back to the hospital again for 3 days for breathing and spitting. But she feels fine. I'm so worry for them are they still eligible for a Green Card?

Hi there. I live in the US. My Mom won a dv lottery 2016, so my Dad and my Sister(she's 20) are eligible to get it too, right? They are from Ukraine. So we've been preparing all docs. The interview day in Kiev is not scheduled yet. They did medicals today, doctors did 2 times x rays for my Mom and my Dad (they are smokers), and my Dads' x ray was fine, but my Moms', they found some scar in her lungs :( and that why she has to be back to the hospital again for 3 days for breathing and spitting. But she feels fine. I'm so worry for them are they still eligible for a Green Card?
So she is doing the sputum culture test, as long as she doenst have active TB she should be fine. 2/3rd of the world population carries TB in inactive form. If she is fine then you guys dont have to worry.

So she is doing the sputum culture test, as long as she doenst have active TB she should be fine. 2/3rd of the world population carries TB in inactive form. If she is fine then you guys dont have to worry.
Thanks for Your quick answer.
I hope, but we are so worry, I have no clue what should we do :(

hi, on the birth certificate is only one name (first and surname), on the passport are the rest of the names but not the one on the birth certificate. Any problem at interview?

OK - just a word about your sister. The date of her 21st birthday could be critical. As a 21 year old she would no longer be considered a child. She will have some protection under the CSPA (link below), but your interview must happen before she ages out (21st birthday + 216 days). Your Mom's case will be scheduled according to her case number, which is most likely low as she is charging to Ukraine - but you should check that.

Also, you have all done your medicals too early. In a sense it is good because of your Mom's result, but depending on your case number you might need to repeat the medicals.

http://britsimonsays.com/child-turn-21-can-heshe-get-visa/

hi, on the birth certificate is only one name (first and surname), on the passport are the rest of the names but not the one on the birth certificate. Any problem at interview?

Potentially it's a problem. Why are they not matching? If it's a cultural thing and the embassy is aware of it, you might be ok. But you need to provide some more information to us.