• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

I think I'll wear a long sleeve shirt to my appointment.

Something went wrong with the blood test and now my elbow-pit looks like a meth addict's injection site.

DSC_0123-P5GRLHaT.1441257069.JPG

(doesn't look too bad in the photo actually)

Question please, is the U.S. Passport photo 5x5cm the same as 2 inchs x 2 inches. It looks too big and wide to me.

@guestgulkan dumb question, did you use staple with the copies that you took or do you keep'em loose. 2. I bought today a plastic box like folder to put all documents in, will that be accepted in the consulate?!

No staples. Just original on top of copy.

We took a plastic box for ours, just to keep them together. However, when you get there, you go through security and then there are two girls who sort out all your documents and put them into manilla folders for you.

No staples. Just original on top of copy.

We took a plastic box for ours, just to keep them together. However, when you get there, you go through security and then there are two girls who sort out all your documents and put them into manilla folders for you.
Thank you Emily and did you use a stapler to staple your copies together?! I have some documents that are 2 and even 3 pages, I am not sure if I should staple'em together or keep'em loose!!

No staples at all. Just leave them loose. Original on top of copy. So if you have a document that is three pages long, have the three pages of the original together and then the three pages copy under the original.

No staples at all. Just leave them loose. Original on top of copy. So if you have a document that is three pages long, have the three pages of the original together and then the three pages copy under the original.

Perfect will do so, thank you @EmilyW you're the best :)

@Dalia2015, I had alot of help leading up to my interview from the likes of @Britsimon, @SusieQQQ and @Sm1smom so the least I can do is help others with my own experience.

Really, the interview is the least hard part of the whole thing. Easy for me to say now that I've gone through it, but the interview was an administrative page turn.

Questions about the Express Post 3kg bag. I've written my work's address on the front.
  • Should I sign the "Dangerous Goods Declaration"? I'm not actually the sender. I'm thinking: no
  • Should I fill out the "From" section on the back? I'm thinking: yes
(sorry guys I'm going to be annoying for the next week!)

Congratulations Kellie Jane!!!

Trip report please ;-)

Do you mean embassy trip or actual trip? Haha I'm a little easy to confuse. We don't have a lot here so we're just packing up and moving in November. Always was one for throwing myself in the deep end!

Have you had your interview?

Do you mean embassy trip or actual trip? Haha I'm a little easy to confuse. We don't have a lot here so we're just packing up and moving in November. Always was one for throwing myself in the deep end!

Have you had your interview?

Sorry I meant embassy interview experience. How'd you solve the incorrect name issue etc

Sorry I meant embassy interview experience. How'd you solve the incorrect name issue etc

I thought you may have meant that. I printed out the DS-260's, and marked on them all the amendments. Then right at the start I apologized and said there were some mistakes, but he didn't seem fazed at all. The only thing he was interested in was that we had moved house, which he changed, and he said the name didn't matter because they would just take it off the passport. And that was that. I was really stressed about it for nothing. The whole thing was really painless (well except the waiting) and the people who interviewed us were lovely.
I guess we're fairly prime candidates though, a young healthy couple, no kids, no health problems or police records, and a decent savings account (which they did ask to see proof of), so they didn't see the mistakes as anything major.

Now California here we come!

I thought you may have meant that. I printed out the DS-260's, and marked on them all the amendments. Then right at the start I apologized and said there were some mistakes, but he didn't seem fazed at all. The only thing he was interested in was that we had moved house, which he changed, and he said the name didn't matter because they would just take it off the passport. And that was that. I was really stressed about it for nothing. The whole thing was really painless (well except the waiting) and the people who interviewed us were lovely.
I guess we're fairly prime candidates though, a young healthy couple, no kids, no health problems or police records, and a decent savings account (which they did ask to see proof of), so they didn't see the mistakes as anything major.

Congratulations!!! Interesting that you mention they asked to see savings - as it seems most people interviewing at Sydney don't get asked. Did the CO make any other comments about that?

Congratulations!!! Interesting that you mention they asked to see savings - as it seems most people interviewing at Sydney don't get asked. Did the CO make any other comments about that?
No nothing. Just asked how we would support ourselves, we said we had savings, and we gave them a bank statement. That was it! I'm still in shock actually as to how painless it was. I hope everyone else experiences the same!

Underlines the point britsimon etc often make - we only get a small sample of people on the forum so for people to say embassies "never" ask for things based on eeports here can be dangerous. Everyone should always be prepared for everything. And OCers seem to be best prepped of all!!

I'm glad it was painless. Sydney OCers take note - don't skimp on the financials - it might only be asked rarely, but you don't want to be unprepared - especially in the tail end of the year.