• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

So here we are again.
Cards finally activated, my 2nd attempt to get a DL next.
If you are travelling with young kids, Emirates will not disappoint you.
Again if you are coming to MD, choose IAD- slow but friendly and hassle free.

How many Kenyans did not go to KNEC and verify their KCSE transcript but still got approved?
Some are approved and others are on A. P. For example in our whatsapp group two guys who joined late and had no time to go to knec are on A.P But my opinion go to knec.

Sorry to ask this are you still attending your interview as britsimonsays advised you?

Some are approved and others are on A. P. For example in our whatsapp group two guys who joined late and had no time to go to knec are on A.P But my opinion go to knec.

Sorry to ask this are you still attending your interview as britsimonsays advised you?
What if you have the KNEC certificate? Should you verify
Second. How do i join the whatsup group? @Uptown , @usamommy2015

Last edited:
interview experience
my wife is the principal applicant entered lottery as single, was three months pregnant. submitted ds 260 mid October as married and had a baby born late may.
arrived at 5.45am found a few individuals, gate opened at 6.00am went first security check appointment letter and passports were checked. second security check leave metallic objects n proceed to the main hall.
called to window 5 n gave out originals and copies of birth cert, marriage cert, kcse cert wife only n hea I saw the confindencial statement from knec, pp, 2 pp photo, pcc I gave her two coz I had spent 5 yaers in Ug. asked if I have ever been in another country. then was told to pay 990 dollars to the cashier. waited then called to window 9 n our finger prints taken starting with my wife. long wait again bt finally called to window 10
co: how r u
we: fine thank you
co: adults raise your right hand n swear to tell the truth
we: we do swear
co: addressing my wife how and when did u meet
wife: brrrr
co: addressing me can u tell more what happened after that
me: brrrr
co: to wife I can see u got married on this n this date
wife: that is the date we legalised our marriage but had been staying together since xxxx
co: so u first did customary marriage
wife: that's it
co: who attended your wedding
wife: brrr
co: no parents?
wife: no they wanted church wedding but it's expensive
co: to me, tell me what your wife does
me: she is a student
co: what does she study
co: to my wife what does your husband does
co: to me how many days does your wife attended school
me: five days
co: to me who does take care of the child
me: there is a nanny....
co: to me what is her name
me: brrr
co: how much do you pay her
co: what do u intend to do in us
me: further my studies in brrr
co: to wife which state do u intend to go
wife: California
co: which city
co: who does stay there
he types for a few minutes then tells us congratulations all of your visas have been approved. asks us if we are happy then returns our original documents except pcc and pp. gives us green sheet containing instruction on how to register with dhl and pick our pp

special thanks to bris Simon for the guidance and endless effort to give us information sussieqqq n mum thumbs up all.

interview experience
my wife is the principal applicant entered lottery as single, was three months pregnant. submitted ds 260 mid October as married and had a baby born late may.
arrived at 5.45am found a few individuals, gate opened at 6.00am went first security check appointment letter and passports were checked. second security check leave metallic objects n proceed to the main hall.
called to window 5 n gave out originals and copies of birth cert, marriage cert, kcse cert wife only n hea I saw the confindencial statement from knec, pp, 2 pp photo, pcc I gave her two coz I had spent 5 yaers in Ug. asked if I have ever been in another country. then was told to pay 990 dollars to the cashier. waited then called to window 9 n our finger prints taken starting with my wife. long wait again bt finally called to window 10
wife: that is the date we legalised our marriage but had been staying together since xxxx
he types for a few minutes then tells us congratulations all of your visas have been approved. asks us if we are happy then returns our original documents except pcc and pp. gives us green sheet containing instruction on how to register with dhl and pick our pp

special thanks to bris Simon for the guidance and endless effort to give us information sussieqqq n mum thumbs up all.
Congratulations

interview experience

Thanks for the interview experience. If well recorded (like yours) the narratives are educational. In your case the customary marriage aspect caused the CO to ask a number of seemingly unrelated questions - designed to confirm that you are/were truly married. The questions themselves are not important (meaning the amount of money you pay your nanny cannot affect the DV process), but what is important is that you can answer these "rapid fire" questions naturally without hesitation. Your confidence in preparing paperwork, and being honest about everything relaxes you - and to an experienced interviewer they get a feel for those that are relaxed/confident and therefore truthful as opposed to someone who has something to hide. I hope others can take the point...

So - Congratulations and good luck!

I hope you don't mind but I plan to use your narrative in my blog to help educate others...

Last edited:
went for my driving skills retest today and did it good. was a bit tricky as school buses kept stopping bang in the middle of the road without any warning at all. Beware about that as its very costly to be involved in any misdemeanor involving a school bus.
The most interesting part came at the end when I went to pick the DL only for me to find that it was actually ready three months ago when I took the very first test. I found it a bit confusing but I did not want any fuss about it so I just paid , picked and Left.Only that this messed my planning .
A baby step at a time is the name of this game

It will be exactly three months this coming Tuesday 8th September Since I arrived in the USA(P.O.E Raleigh NC)I just want to give an update to forum members and encouragement as well.The America dream is real for those that work hard..I am now completing my Certification in Nursing aid course.I also got a partime job..This is my second month in the job.A friend Co signed for me to get vehicle finance and I managed to get a 2012 model vehicle.This is not only helping me to move around but I am now able to build my credit history more faster and easily.Credit history /score is very important here.

It will be exactly three months this coming Tuesday 8th September Since I arrived in the USA(P.O.E Raleigh NC)I just want to give an update to forum members and encouragement as well.The America dream is real for those that work hard..I am now completing my Certification in Nursing aid course.I also got a partime job..This is my second month in the job.A friend Co signed for me to get vehicle finance and I managed to get a 2012 model vehicle.This is not only helping me to move around but I am now able to build my credit history more faster and easily.Credit history /score is very important here.

Glad to hear it is all going well!

Hi Folks,

I'm a DV 2016 winner (AF201600012***). Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum to post DV 2016 but all-in-all, let me be the first :). I have an urgent querry,
1. Birth Cert. I don't have an original coloured copy. I'm adopted and have a copy of the adoption letter attached to the birth cert copy. Will this suffice at the interview or do I need to attain an original copy.

Thanks folks.

Regards.

Hi Folks,

I'm a DV 2016 winner (AF201600012***). Not sure whether this is the appropriate forum to post DV 2016 but all-in-all, let me be the first :). I have an urgent querry,
1. Birth Cert. I don't have an original coloured copy. I'm adopted and have a copy of the adoption letter attached to the birth cert copy. Will this suffice at the interview or do I need to attain an original copy.

Thanks folks.

Regards.

You need to read all the rules properly, including these pages

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/KE.html

Yes you need originals!!

Hi Folks,

Thanks folks.

Regards.

You need the original. You can get it from opposite social security house (the red brick building). Apply now and don't bribe anyone!