Assault Class C Family Violence; Deportable?

bastogne

Hi,
So, I came to US last year on fiance visa, we got married and now I have the conditional green card. Things haven't been going very well for us and two days ago we had an argument (again), things got out of hand, and she said something that snapped me and I just pushed her away. She called the cops saying that I choked her, while I did not. The cops inquired from us separately, and advised us to spend the night separately; they did not arrest me or anything but gave me a receipt which says "Assault Class C F.V", I haven't yet got any notice from the prosecutor.
Now, the thing is that I told the cops everything honestly. I accepted that I had pushed her. Now, what are my prospects? What should I do? Will I get convicted of Misdemeanor class C (FV)? And if I get convicted of that, will I be deported? Is it a deportable offense? What if my wife tells the prosecutor that she takes back her statement. What will happen then?

Thanks guys, really need some guidance.

Hi bastogne!
You must contact an experienced human rights attorney to get conditional green card

With all due respect--since I gather you are indeed a qualified DUI attorney in Texas--it sounds like the original poster already HAS a conditional green card. The original poster needs to talk to both an experienced criminal defense attorney (perhaps yourself if in Texas) and an immigration attorney regarding the immigration consequences. It is possible (since it is early in the process) that the criminal charges may be dropped entirely. If not, however, the original poster should run any proposed plea by an immigration attorney to determine both the risk of deportation and the risk of problems when they go to lift the conditions on the green card.