• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Okay, so regarding the 2NL, looks like KCC might be doing things differently this time around. I've never known 2NLs for AOSers to take this long! Seriously!!

Anyway, just to let you guys know, it's okay to send the AOS package without the 2NL, just in case some of you were planning on doing early filing and are simply awaiting the arrival of this notorious 2NL o_O. If it eventually shows up, simply have it handy for when you attend your intend and present it if the IO asks for it. No need to present it if it's not requested then, you're not losing anything or harming your case by not presenting it unprompted.

Okay, so regarding the 2NL, looks like KCC might be doing things differently this time around. I've never known 2NLs for AOSers to take this long! Seriously!!

Anyway, just to let you guys know, it's okay to send the AOS package without the 2NL, just in case some of you were planning on doing early filing and are simply awaiting the arrival of this notorious 2NL o_O. If it eventually shows up, simply have it handy for when you attend your intend and present it if the IO asks for it. No need to present it if it's not requested then, you're not losing anything or harming your case by not presenting it unprompted.

This is great to know - thanks, Mom!

Lets hope whatever change they made for DV 2016 AOS' ers will get rid of this dreaded lead time for the KCC file!!!

Knowing this, are any October currents filing early?

Knowing this, are any October currents filing early?
To be honest, as much as i want to, i'm not going to. Based on reading the 2015 thread, and how much trouble that one person went through after being denied for filing early, i'm just going to wait it out. it's just 30 days, plus we are in the beginning of the line for 2016, so no real need to rush for me at least.

To be honest, as much as i want to, i'm not going to. Based on reading the 2015 thread, and how much trouble that one person went through after being denied for filing early, i'm just going to wait it out. it's just 30 days, plus we are in the beginning of the line for 2016, so no real need to rush for me at least.

I thought the exact same thing - I'm waiting, too.

Mom - do we have to mail it in exactly on October 1, or if we did it a couple of days prior so it got there on October 1, is that acceptable (without it being considered as early filing)?

Mom - do we have to mail it in exactly on October 1, or if we did it a couple of days prior so it got there on October 1, is that acceptable (without it being considered as early filing)?
You can time it to arrive there on October 1 or 2nd. That should be just fine.

It's okay if the package arrives exactly on Oct. 1st, or any day after that.

I think I'll take a chance of filing early, can't help myself :)
* What's the worst that could happen? I'll need to pay the DV lottery fee again? Any other concerns?
* Is there any thread with some guidance on package assembly(which binders/staples etc. to use., cover letter, perhaps some photo examples)?

I think I'll take a chance of filing early, can't help myself :)
* What's the worst that could happen? I'll need to pay the DV lottery fee again? Any other concerns?
* Is there any thread with some guidance on package assembly(which binders/staples etc. to use., cover letter, perhaps some photo examples)?

If they reject your package immediately you just resubmit. If they accept your package but the FO rejects it later you argue with them. You might lose the argument (doubtful because their policy is crystal clear about this) and pay to resubmit.
Package instructions are on the spreadsheet linked from the first post in this thread.

@Sm1smom Mom, it seems that the form i-485 on USCIS' website has expired on 06/30/15 (top right corner). Is that going to be an issue? Where do we get new forms?

Hi friends. Here you hear a funny story. I was planning to get my G card with NIW. I paid the whole contract to my lawyer and we submitted my petition around May 1st. Then a few day later, onn May 5th, boomoommm, I realized that I am selected for GC by DV2016!! Case number? As27**. On August 11th I found that my case number will be current on the first month of the circle (October) and was happy because I have heard that NIW applications are taking too long and I needed GC urgently. Excitingly, yesterday I got an email from the lawyer that my NIW petition is approved!
Now my question is that does any one (specially Mom) knows which way is faster to get the GC? NIW or DV? Time is the only important factor and I dont care of money and process complications. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Hi friends. Here you hear a funny story. I was planning to get my G card with NIW. I paid the whole contract to my lawyer and we submitted my petition around May 1st. Then a few day later, onn May 5th, boomoommm, I realized that I am selected for GC by DV2016!! Case number? As27**. On August 11th I found that my case number will be current on the first month of the circle (October) and was happy because I have heard that NIW applications are taking too long and I needed GC urgently. Excitingly, yesterday I got an email from the lawyer that my NIW petition is approved!
Now my question is that does any one (specially Mom) knows which way is faster to get the GC? NIW or DV? Time is the only important factor and I dont care of money and process complications. Any advice is highly appreciated.
Welcome to my boat, well not exactly my boat because I have only paid the lawyer did not file I140 yet. My lawyer advised me hold up on I-140 and go with the DV as DV is faster. But in your case I have no idea but I still think DV would be faster.