• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Great news, congratulation!

Does anyone know if KCC speeds up the process in September as we get close from the deadline ?

I don't think we know for sure that any of them (KCC/FO) behave in a different way BUT the thing about getting to the end of the year is that you do not have to accept their "normal timeline" comments. You can legitimately voice your concern over a looming deadline with is around the corner. You can also call USCIS and ask for a case expedite based on the "sunset" deadline approaching fast - that has varying results, but it is something else you can bring up in your INFOPASS appointments.

I don't think we know for sure that any of them (KCC/FO) behave in a different way BUT the thing about getting to the end of the year is that you do not have to accept their "normal timeline" comments. You can legitimately voice your concern over a looming deadline with is around the corner. You can also call USCIS and ask for a case expedite based on the "sunset" deadline approaching fast - that has varying results, but it is something else you can bring up in your INFOPASS appointments.

thank you.
We had our interview and the immigration officer was clearly aware of the deadline. He showed a pile of AOS files and said that all of them were waiting for KCC files. He was surprised it takes so much time and he spontaneously said he would follow up with them by email within a few days. So I guess the only thing to do so far is to try to put pressure on KCC as you suggest it. Until now I have no reproach to address to the FO, our interview was on 08/27, even before we get current in september! (impressive for NY...)
This KCC delay is very surprising, when I looked at AOS 2014 thread it did not seem to be such an issue.

Glory Be To God!!!
I called this morning and was told by KCC that my case file was sent by email on Friday. A few hours later, I received this notification "On August 31, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us".

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Mom, Simon and the entire forum for all your enormous help and guidance. This is one of the best "support" group I've ever been a member. Very resourceful and spot on!! Thank You so much for all you do. "Information is truly power" and this forum is proof to that assertion.

I wish everyone all the best on this anxious journey!

Congratulations.

Hi all!
Good news! My status just changed this morning to "New Card is being produced!".
For those who don't know my story, my Green Card was denied last month on the grounds that I filed too early (which was not the case since I filed 2 months in advance from when my number was going to be called, as per the Policy Memo).
I want my experience to help others so if you ever go through the same thing (which I really wish will not happen), don't waste any time, the first thing you should do is to make an InfoPass appointment and be persistent until you find an officer who acknowledges you're right.
I had an InfoPass last Thursday and the first officer I met with pushed back and repeated again and again that I filed too early. I had the Policy Memo printed and I had her read one paragraph 5 times until she gave up and said she would show it to her supervisor. She came back 5 minutes later and told me her Supervisor said I was right and that they would pull my files again to review everything. On Friday, my status was changed to "Case reopened" and today, it was updated to "New Card is Being Produced".
So if this ever happens to anyone, don't lose hope and fight back!
I also had lawyers working on my case and we filed a motion to reopen/reconsider the case. Do everything you can to fight back until they recognize their mistake and fix it.
And one last thing, always trust what @Sm1smom and others on this forum say. They have been the best advisors and the best community during this arduous journey.
@Sm1smom, I could not have done it without you. Thanks again for all your help!
I have an Infopass scheduled for this Thursday (I scheduled it just in case) and I'm going to use it to get my passport stamped so I can travel to France, as planned, for my friend's wedding. I hope they can stamp it on the spot!
All - thanks again for all your support!
I couldn't be happier right now :)

Hello guys , I've just received my receipt number should I do the status update from the link in timeline or is there any other way to do it right? Thanks

So it says in the mail your case has been accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days I will receive my official receipt notice (form I-797) with my receipt number M****
I'm just gonna check it online right !

Hi all!
Good news! My status just changed this morning to "New Card is being produced!".
For those who don't know my story, my Green Card was denied last month on the grounds that I filed too early (which was not the case since I filed 2 months in advance from when my number was going to be called, as per the Policy Memo).
I want my experience to help others so if you ever go through the same thing (which I really wish will not happen), don't waste any time, the first thing you should do is to make an InfoPass appointment and be persistent until you find an officer who acknowledges you're right.
I had an InfoPass last Thursday and the first officer I met with pushed back and repeated again and again that I filed too early. I had the Policy Memo printed and I had her read one paragraph 5 times until she gave up and said she would show it to her supervisor. She came back 5 minutes later and told me her Supervisor said I was right and that they would pull my files again to review everything. On Friday, my status was changed to "Case reopened" and today, it was updated to "New Card is Being Produced".
I also had lawyers working on my case and we filed a motion to reopen/reconsider the case. Do everything you can to fight back until they recognize their mistake and fix it.
And one last thing, always trust what @Sm1smom and others on this forum say. They have been the best advisors and the best community during this arduous journey.
I have an Infopass scheduled for this Thursday (I scheduled it just in case) and I'm going to use it to get my passport stamped so I can travel to France, as planned, for my friend's wedding. I hope they can stamp it on the spot!

F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C!! You just made my day! Congratulations!! Truly happy for you.

Yes attend the INFOPASS. Your passport can be stamped on the spot.

Hi all!

Happy days! I used to be surprised that USCIS aren't better informed than we are.... but it is more common than we might realize - and these staff have the power to make bad decisions and make them stick.

So it says in the mail your case has been accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days I will receive my official receipt notice (form I-797) with my receipt number M****
I'm just gonna check it online right !
You can check it, but based on my case and I think most of the others, it never changes for now till you get the welcome letter, it will keep saying payment received

You can check it, but based on my case and I think most of the others, it never changes for now till you get the welcome letter, it will keep saying payment received
And I don't know about your field office, but mine is always hard to get appointment, so I think you should get an info pass on maybe the 15th of September. Hopefully you don't need it but just in case

Hi all!
What a relief! Good job and Congratulations!

Glory Be To God!!!
I called this morning and was told by KCC that my case file was sent by email on Friday. A few hours later, I received this notification "On August 31, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us".

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Mom, Simon and the entire forum for all your enormous help and guidance. This is one of the best "support" group I've ever been a member. Very resourceful and spot on!! Thank You so much for all you do. "Information is truly power" and this forum is proof to that assertion.

I wish everyone all the best on this anxious journey!
Congratulations!

Hi,
My status was updated to new card being produced today. Yayy! KCC sent my file last friday Aug 28, they took about a month after it was requested.
Here is my experience over all-
I was current for Aug. I sent my AOS package on June absolutely utilizing the early filing memo. I cannot stress how important this is. After that everything was was very smooth and fast for me and I had my interview in late July. The only glitch was that my FO forgot to request my file from KCC. The IO was very apologetic about this and therefore I had to wait for a month for KCC to finally send my file to my FO. In the interview everything was straighforward- oath and then going through my I-485. Also, I had done a mistake in my I-485 which we corrected during my interview. (I had also called USCIS about this mistake as soon as I came to know about it. The USCIS operator was very nice, calmed me down and said he would forward my inquiry to my FO-which they did and I received a letter about it from my FO. ) Again back to the interview, the IO said that everything looks fine except that my medicals have expired. I politely asked how long the medicals are valid for. IO said a year (though it is 6 months now), so I pointed out that my was done in Feb 2015. Again the IO was apologetic and said all other cases had 2014 so sorry for the mistake. The IO did not know about STEM OPT extension, so I explained to her about it. Also, took my old EAD cards to shred them.
The IO was very aware of the SEP deadline and said I hope we will get this done by then and assured me that DV AOS cases are top priority. I did not have to say a word, so that was nice that they were aware of the fact. The staff and IO were really friendly and nice at my FO.
About KCC hold up- Patience is the key. Honestly, I dont think calling helps at all. They take the time they need whether you call or not. The response when you call KCC is the same 2-4 weeks. I had even called a day before my file was sent, and got the response that it will take a week or so, but then my file was sent the very next day.
Few pointers for future DV AOSers-
READ the google docs through and through. You may not understand when you read once, so read again. You have any questions, ask in this forum. It is amazing how @Sm1smom finds the time to answer all of our questions and sometimes even answer the same ques again for different users. So the least we can do is read the google docs and spreadsheet, the past conversations in the forum. You can learn so much from other users issues.

IF you need to apply OPT, from my experience that is fine. I appied my OPT extension a month before applying AOS ( also I had already filed my DS 260). I got my New OPT card 2 months after I had applied.
I had also applied for the GC-EAD (I 765) and I got the EAD but it is totally useless I guess.
The DV based AOS is fairly simple process and fast too, compared to how long other process is ( family based or employment based GC). So you need to be thankful and really patient. If anything I have learned form this process, it is to be PATIENT.
Also, do not hesitate to ask questions. There are plenty of nice people who will get back to you with answers.
I cannot thank @Sm1smom enough. Also, @Britsimon for his reassuring msg. Everyone else in this forum- i cant remember the users but thank you. @SusieQQQ I really love your hilarious responses. @Ivo Stoyanov and @samc_1988 we came out of this together yayy. @Ivo Stoyanov good news on way for you too. I will still check this forum and 2016 AOS forum and use my experience to help others. If that is okay with you @Sm1smom I see this as the only way to help you and thank you.

Hi,
My status was updated to new card being produced today. Yayy! KCC sent my file last friday Aug 28, they took about a month after it was requested.
I was current for Aug. I sent my AOS package on June absolutely utilizing the early filing memo. I cannot stress how important this is. After that everything was was very smooth and fast for me and I had my interview in late July. The only glitch was that my FO forgot to request my file from KCC. The IO was very apologetic about this and therefore I had to wait for a month for KCC to finally send my file to my FO. In the interview everything was straighforward- oath and then going through my I-485. Also, I had done a mistake in my I-485 which we corrected during my interview. (I had also called USCIS about this mistake as soon as I came to know about it. The USCIS operator was very nice, calmed me down and said he would forward my inquiry to my FO-which they did and I received a letter about it from my FO. ) Again back to the interview, the IO said that everything looks fine except that my medicals have expired. I politely asked how long the medicals are valid for. IO said a year (though it is 6 months now), so I pointed out that my was done in Feb 2015. Again the IO was apologetic and said all other cases had 2014 so sorry for the mistake. The IO did not know about STEM OPT extension, so I explained to her about it. Also, took my old EAD cards to shred them.
The IO was very aware of the SEP deadline and said I hope we will get this done by then and assured me that DV AOS cases are top priority. I did not have to say a word, so that was nice that they were aware of the fact. The staff and IO were really friendly and nice at my FO.
About KCC hold up- Patience is the key. Honestly, I dont think calling helps at all. They take the time they need whether you call or not. The response when you call KCC is the same 2-4 weeks. I had even called a day before my file was sent, and got the response that it will take a week or so, but then my file was sent the very next day.
READ the google docs through and through. You may not understand when you read once, so read again. You have any questions, ask in this forum. It is amazing how @Sm1smom finds the time to answer all of our questions and sometimes even answer the same ques again for different users. So the least we can do is read the google docs and spreadsheet, the past conversations in the forum. You can learn so much from other users issues.

IF you need to apply OPT, from my experience that is fine. I appied my OPT extension a month before applying AOS ( also I had already filed my DS 260). I got my New OPT card 2 months after I had applied.
I had also applied for the GC-EAD (I 765) and I got the EAD but it is totally useless I guess.
The DV based AOS is fairly simple process and fast too, compared to how long other process is ( family based or employment based GC). So you need to be thankful and really patient. If anything I have learned form this process, it is to be PATIENT.
Also, do not hesitate to ask questions. There are plenty of nice people who will get back to you with answers.
I cannot thank @Sm1smom enough. Also, @Britsimon for his reassuring msg. Everyone else in this forum- i cant remember the users but thank you. @SusieQQQ I really love your hilarious responses. @Ivo Stoyanov and @samc_1988 we came out of this together yayy. @Ivo Stoyanov good news on way for you too. I will still check this forum and 2016 AOS forum and use my experience to help others. If that is okay with you @Sm1smom I see this as the only way to help you and thank you.
Congratulations May I know whats your FO is?

On September 1, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
My CPO notice just came through as well - literally minutes after @Asia174's post. KCC sent my file on Friday, as previously mentioned.

Thanks to everyone for the help, especially @Sm1smom and @Britsimon. I couldn't have done this without you and all the help in this forum.

Once I finally became current, the process took less than 10 weeks, and roughly half of that was waiting for KCC. o_O But hey, can't really complain! :D

I received USCIS Acceptence Confirmation online and updated my status now waiting to get it in mail form and for biometric letter do I need to do anything ? They should be mailed that to me as well and I should be recieving it soon right ?

Hi,

Say WHAT?? :):):) Congratulations!!!