• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners and 2016 applicants South america and the Caribbean

Thanks for your comprehensive answer..... quite helpful

Can you give me your personal opinion on this: (think I asked before)
I got a misspelling on my DS-260 form (I have an extra R on my last name). This is coming from when I was registered for the lottery program and because the name is carried forward to the DS-260 form I’m not able to amend it (I can’t edit the name section). I sent an email to KKC but the answer was really generic (amend the form if mistake was made) so no real help as I can’t edit the name section.

Do you think it will cause problems??

Thanks Britsimon

If you unlock, you should be able to change the legal name and also add aliases. That is what you should do.

If I do that and re-submit the DS-260, would I lose my current spot on the list? I know that people who submit their DS-260 forms too late run the risk of being left out

For all Venezuelans: this morning I got the appointment for the Apostille at the MRE. The place is totally crowded and the line starts at 07:00 three blocks from the office. Nonetheless the process is quite quick and organized. I did it in 2 hours. Just be aware that they admit at 07:30 everyone on the line with an appointment for that date no matter the scheduled appointment hour. You get your docs with the Apostille in 24 hours (if this cares for your timing). You must bring signed original form and a copy of it and your original docs to be apostilled (of course!) and pay cash (VEF 75 each) for the municipal tax right there Abrazo.

For all Venezuelans: this morning I got the appointment for the Apostille at the MRE. The place is totally crowded and the line starts at 07:00 three blocks from the office. Nonetheless the process is quite quick and organized. I did it in 2 hours. Just be aware that they admit at 07:30 everyone on the line with an appointment for that date no matter the scheduled appointment hour. You get your docs with the Apostille in 24 hours (if this cares for your timing). You must bring signed original form and a copy of it and your original docs to be apostilled (of course!) and pay cash (VEF 75 each) for the municipal tax right there Abrazo.
Hey FABGood advice! Specially on the 'no matter what hour your appointement is scheduled, everybody enters at 7:30 as linedup' Jajajajajaja Happened the same at MPPEUCT. Now for you it's only the medical check left, right?

im also CN9** lets keep in touch
I'm SA7XX. :)

Don't forget, not all DS260s process at the exact same speed. So - two forms could be submitted on May 31, one might have been completed,. the other might not.
So, basically people who filled their DS260 late (June 30) and have CN which are supposed to be current but haven't received their 2NL are going to be called later for November or December? I have a friend in that situation. He didn't get his 2NL and he is SA2XX. There is this thing the embassy at Caracas asks for wich is to create a profile at ustraveldocs and he didn't do that until a couple days ago (just when 2NL started arriving) and he believes that failing to do that on time might be issue. What do you think?

Hey FABGood advice! Specially on the 'no matter what hour your appointement is scheduled, everybody enters at 7:30 as linedup' Jajajajajaja Happened the same at MPPEUCT. Now for you it's only the medical check left, right?

I'm SA7XX. :)

So, basically people who filled their DS260 late (June 30) and have CN which are supposed to be current but haven't received their 2NL are going to be called later for November or December? I have a friend in that situation. He didn't get his 2NL and he is SA2XX. There is this thing the embassy at Caracas asks for wich is to create a profile at ustraveldocs and he didn't do that until a couple days ago (just when 2NL started arriving) and he believes that failing to do that on time might be issue. What do you think?

No the ustraveldocs thing is not the issue. It was the late submission. We don't know for certain the timing yet, but the fastest case I know of being scheduled for the October was June 7 submission. That indicates at least 2 months, most needed more time - so it is starting at about 2.5 months processing time.

No the ustraveldocs thing is not the issue. It was the late submission. We don't know for certain the timing yet, but the fastest case I know of being scheduled for the October was June 7 submission. That indicates at least 2 months, most needed more time - so it is starting at about 2.5 months processing time.

Thanks Simon! I'm doing my maths and he could receive his 2NL for interview in November. I sent mine and my family's on May 15 but unlocked and resubmited two forms out of five by June 20. So i'm in the time frame for my interview not to be affected by it.

have anyone filled the form affidavit of support? i havent recieve my 2NL Case CN 9xx i know that im not in cutoff for october, but im trying to have all my documents ready for that moment. Best regards

have anyone filled the form affidavit of support? i havent recieve my 2NL Case CN 9xx i know that im not in cutoff for october, but im trying to have all my documents ready for that moment. Best regards
Since i have no friends or relatives in the US i'm not taking the Affidavit path... I'll go with my personal balances, assests and hopefully a job offer letter. What about others?

Since i have no friends or relatives in the US i'm not taking the Affidavit path... I'll go with my personal balances, assests and hopefully a job offer letter. What about others?
Do you have an idea of how much money you must have for being selectable? im really worried about this particular requirement

Is there a deadeline for getting your ds-260 unlocked?? When is the latest you can edit your form without causing any delays for your interview?? I requested this yesterday and Im just a bit worry that this would cause delays on my process..... my case number is SA9***

Thanks for the help guys

HI Britsimon,

Based on your blog, because my number wont be current until Mar/Apr next year I wont have any delays I the process because I just requested to unlock the ds-260....

The guys from KKC told me it should not affect my process because it is just updating my passport number (got a new one) and fixing the misspelling on my last name

Makes sense??

Thanks

HI Britsimon,

Based on your blog, because my number wont be current until Mar/Apr next year I wont have any delays I the process because I just requested to unlock the ds-260....

The guys from KKC told me it should not affect my process because it is just updating my passport number (got a new one) and fixing the misspelling on my last name

Makes sense??

Thanks

Both points are correct.

Hello Venezuelan fellas, i have a couple questions about the affidavit of support form, as you know there is an amount of money (income) that the US government requires to be eligible, however in Venezuela we have two types of currency exchange: the Cencoex exchange that is the Official exchange (6.30 Bs x 1 US$) and the "parallel" exchange (around 700 Bs x 1 US$), so if my bank accounts statements are in Spanish and i will need to translate them to English & in US Dollar, which exchange rate will i use?

Hello Venezuelan fellas, i have a couple questions about the affidavit of support form, as you know there is an amount of money (income) that the US government requires to be eligible, however in Venezuela we have two types of currency exchange: the Cencoex exchange that is the Official exchange (6.30 Bs x 1 US$) and the "parallel" exchange (around 700 Bs x 1 US$), so if my bank accounts statements are in Spanish and i will need to translate them to English & in US Dollar, which exchange rate will i use?

Ok - first of all the question you are asking relates to having evidence of your own savings to avoid presenting an affidavit of support. An AOS is a document signed by an American resident to show they will support you if you emigrate there.

Now, to avoid using that in most embassies you could demonstrate having $10,000 savings available for the move. That is $10,000 that will be available to you in the USA - so if that is presented in local currency, you must consider how much that means to actually have $10,000 available in America. So - is there a way you can transfer that much currency outside of Venezuela at the official rate?