• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

if i want to make an INFOPASS should i just select "You need information or other services" or which one exactly, and should i put my A number and receipt number as well or just first and last name? thank you

So I'm going to try to be short, every time I try to get an info pass in my field office it says that they don't have any available appointments at the moment. It's always been like that. Anyways after two days of checking I finally got one on the 9th of September, but that's far ahead, is there any other way to get appointments, because I know I can't just walk in
And the reason I took the appointment is I didn't get my interview date yet, and my lawyer was at the FO two weeks ago and they said it should be here within a week, so I thought I can go there and try to rush things a little bit

So I'm going to try to be short, every time I try to get an info pass in my field office it says that they don't have any available appointments at the moment. It's always been like that. Anyways after two days of checking I finally got one on the 9th of September, but that's far ahead, is there any other way to get appointments, because I know I can't just walk in
And the reason I took the appointment is I didn't get my interview date yet, and my lawyer was at the FO two weeks ago and they said it should be here within a week, so I thought I can go there and try to rush things a little bit

Did your field office already requested your file to KCC ?

I have no idea, I only did the fingerprints, I'm waiting for them to send to me a date for the interview, I don't know if the FO got my AOS file or not

Outside of attempting a walk-in which is very tough to do with a busy FO, an INFOPASS is the only way to get an appointment. You'll just have to keep waiting and hope your IL shows up before then and if it doesn't, then you go for the INFOPASS on Sept 9th.

I have no idea, I only did the fingerprints, I'm waiting for them to send to me a date for the interview, I don't know if the FO got my AOS file or not

I am not talking about your AOS file. In addition to this file there is another file, let's call it "KCC file", that your field office is supposed to get from Kentucky Consular Center before granting you the green card. If you call KCC they will be able to tell you if and when your field office requested your file. If they say it was requested I don't say it means you will get our IL soon (I have no idea) but at least you know that your field office has been working (at least a little!) on your case. If your file has not been requested you may raise this point during your infopass because it can take several weeks to process and send this file. Mine was requested on august 14th and has not been sent yet for example.

I am not talking about your AOS file. In addition to this file there is another file, let's call it "KCC file", that your field office is supposed to get from Kentucky Consular Center before granting you the green card. If you call KCC they will be able to tell you if and when your field office requested your file. If they say it was requested I don't say it means you will get our IL soon (I have no idea) but at least you know that your field office has been working (at least a little!) on your case. If your file has not been requested you may raise this point during your infopass because it can take several weeks to process and send this file. Mine was requested on august 14th and has not been sent yet for example.
I know that, but I thought I have to wait, first I get my interview then call the KCC, I guess I'll call them on Monday

Hi Mom, & Everyone!!

I have a quick question: At the end of my interview last week, my FO took all my I-94s and told me that once KCC sends my file and a visa number is available, he's going to approve my case and I was going to bring back my passport to be stamped. I haven't heard a case where a passport is stamped after approval. Is that normal?

Hi Mom, & Everyone!!

I have a quick question: At the end of my interview last week, my FO took all my I-94s and told me that once KCC sends my file and a visa number is available, he's going to approve my case and I was going to bring back my passport to be stamped. I haven't heard a case where a passport is stamped after approval. Is that normal?

It's not unusual for one's passport to get stamped following the approval. Your IO most likely would have stamped your passport on the spot if he had your KCC file - the fact that your I-94s were collected is a clear indication of an intention to approve.

Anyway, you don't need to go back to your FO for the stamp once they send you your welcome letter or your online status indicates CPO, unless of course the IO calls and asks you to come over. The stamp is basically a temporary GC which can used in place of the plastic GC if one needed to travel out right away before the receipt of the plastic GC.

It's not unusual for one's passport to get stamped following the approval. Your IO most likely would have stamped your passport on the spot if he had your KCC file - the fact that your I-94s were collected is a clear indication of an intention to approve.

Anyway, you don't need to go back to your FO for the stamp once they send you your welcome letter or your online status indicates CPO, unless of course the IO calls and asks you to come over. The stamp is basically a temporary GC which can used in place of the plastic GC if one needed to travel out right away before the receipt of the plastic GC.
Thank You, Mom!!!!

I called the KCC this morning, they said that the FO requested my file on the 27th, but still they haven't send it yet, so hopefully this week I'll get my interview letter

I called the KCC this morning, they said that the FO requested my file on the 27th, but still they haven't send it yet, so hopefully this week I'll get my interview letter
Make sure you're on the lookout for the letter; I am sure you already are, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it anyway. My FO requested the file on July 24 (Thursday), the interview letter was in my mailbox July 29 (Wednesday afternoon), and the interview was scheduled for the very next day at 9:30 am. No guarantees your timeline will be similar, of course, but my point is check your mailbox every day - if I didn't see the letter on that Wednesday afternoon, I might have missed the interview, which could be trouble.

Glory Be To God!!!
I called this morning and was told by KCC that my case file was sent by email on Friday. A few hours later, I received this notification "On August 31, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us".

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Mom, Simon and the entire forum for all your enormous help and guidance. This is one of the best "support" group I've ever been a member. Very resourceful and spot on!! Thank You so much for all you do. "Information is truly power" and this forum is proof to that assertion.

I wish everyone all the best on this anxious journey!

Glory Be To God!!!
I called this morning and was told by KCC that my case file was sent by email on Friday. A few hours later, I received this notification "On August 31, 2015, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us".

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Mom, Simon and the entire forum for all your enormous help and guidance. This is one of the best "support" group I've ever been a member. Very resourceful and spot on!! Thank You so much for all you do. "Information is truly power" and this forum is proof to that assertion.

Great news, congratulation!

Does anyone know if KCC speeds up the process in september as we get close from the deadline ?

Great news, congratulation!

Does anyone know if KCC speeds up the process in september as we get close from the deadline ?
I have called them for the past five weeks since my case file was requested. Honestly speaking, all their answers have been generic/scripted. Not sure how you can get any specific piece of information from them. However, it's not a bad idea asking them.

Glory Be To God!!!

Congratulations! It is great the the FO acted immediately once they received the KCC file.