• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Hi everyone,

I plan to fly for NY on 15th of Sep, yet i have not paid the GC. Is it a good idea to be paid from now, because i plan of coming back on late November. Do i have enough time if i pay the GC within next week?

Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone,
I plan to fly for NY on 15th of Sep, yet i have not paid the GC. Is it a good idea to be paid from now, because i plan of coming back on late November. Do i have enough time if i pay the GC within next week?
Thanks a lot.
It's not mandatory that you pay it before entering the US, but it is recommended to do so, if you wanna leave in two months with the GC in your hand. You should have enough time (2 months), but it's not a certainty that the card will arrive until November.

Guys i need a quick advic ....

I wrote Virginia as my cousin's address in my DS-260 , but i am going to stay with a friend in Portland Oregon. People are telling me not to change the address at the POE as i will receive the GC in Virginia faster than Oregon.
P.S My status in USCIS is Optimized

Guys i need a quick advic ....

I wrote Virginia as my cousin's address in my DS-260 , but i am going to stay with a friend in Portland Oregon. People are telling me not to change the address at the POE as i will receive the GC in Virginia faster than Oregon.
P.S My status in USCIS is Optimized

The State you'll be staying in has no bearing on how fast or slow the GC delivery takes. It is however important for USCIS to have the correct address record on file for you. So if you're going to stay in Oregon, update that information at the POE.

After one month and two days of POE GC status became closed and after 2 days I received GC, Thanks to all for all this useful information :)
Is it necessary to inform social security office and USCIS about address change?

After one month and two days of POE GC status became closed and after 2 days I received GC, Thanks to all for all this useful information :)
Is it necessary to inform social security office and USCIS about address change?

Yes, you're required to inform USCIS (not the SSA office) of a change in address within 10 days of moving for as long as you're not yet a USC

http://www.uscis.gov/addresschange

In which state are you living ?

On September 10, my husband's green card and mine were mailed to our address as per the ELIS status check. Yesterday, the status changed to "Card was delivered" and it is giving us the USPS tracking numbers. When I track it online on USPS, it shows that my husband's card was delivered on September 12 at 1:27pm while mine was delivered at 1:37pm. However, only my husband's card was received while mine is not. The USPS tracker shows that they were delivered in the mailbox and to the same zip code where our address is and where we have previously received letters from USCIS confirming our address change. Am I right in assuming that the card was misdelivered to a wrong mailbox? What is the next action I need to take from here? I appreciate your help here.

Last edited:
On September 10, my husband's green card and mine were mailed to our address as per the ELIS status check. Yesterday, the status changed to "Card was delivered" and it is giving us the USPS tracking numbers. When I track it online on USPS, it shows that my husband's card was delivered on September 12 at 1:27pm while mine was delivered at 1:37pm. However, only my husband's card was received while mine is not. The USPS tracker shows that they were delivered in the mailbox and to the same zip code where our address is and where we have previously received letters from USCIS confirming our address change. Am I right in assuming that the card was misdelivered to a wrong mailbox? What is the next action I need to take from here? I appreciate your help here.

Sounds like yours got dropped off in the wrong mail slot. You need to call the USCIS 1800 number and notify them of the none receipt. Also, visit your local post office tomorrow morning and file a complaint of missing mail, providing the tracking information showing the different delivery times for both of you for something which ought to have been delivered into the same mail box.

Sounds like yours got dropped off in the wrong mail slot. You need to call the USCIS 1800 number and notify them of the none receipt. Also, visit your local post office tomorrow morning and file a complaint of missing mail, providing the tracking information showing the different delivery times for both of you for something which ought to have been delivered into the same mail box.
Thanks Sm1smom for your prompt help. I'll do that first thing in the morning. Enjoy your weekend :)

Hi all

We ( wife & I) had our POE on Aug 21 2015
Payment was made on April 8 2015

Subsequent to POE, both our status dates changed to August 25.

We observed that there was a change in status date for her yesterday- sept 14 , while mine remained the same since post-POE I.e. August 25 .

Also online case tracker indicated they have begun production of the card for her as of September 14 , while my receipt number is not yet recognized.

Should there be a cause of concern ?

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone

My gc has arrived successfully :) but my other two family members cards have not. When I track them on uscis with the IOE # it says they have been returned to uscis. Why would they deliver one card but not the others?

What should I do now?

TY

Hey everyone

My gc has arrived successfully :) but my other two family members cards have not. When I track them on uscis with the IOE # it says they have been returned to uscis. Why would they deliver one card but not the others?

What should I do now?

TY

Weird! Call USCIS 1800 number right away.

Hi all

We ( wife & I) had our POE on Aug 21 2015
Payment was made on April 8 2015

Subsequent to POE, both our status dates changed to August 25.

We observed that there was a change in status date for her yesterday- sept 14 , while mine remained the same since post-POE I.e. August 25 .

Also online case tracker indicated they have begun production of the card for her as of September 14 , while my receipt number is not yet recognized.

Should there be a cause of concern ?

Thanks in advance.

Probably no cause for alarm, but you could call the USCIS 1800 number for updates