• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

OK, should I start doing my medical tests, police clearance, translations, etc?

Do they expire? What do you recommend?

Thank you!
Also, even if I submitted the DS260 yesterday, will I be contacted sooner because I have a low number? (SA000002XX)

Thanks again!
Despite your low number, you case cannot be scheduled until your DS260 is processed. That will probably take a couple of months, and then the interview could be a couple of months after that - so - do not book medicals yet - and only get police certs if they take a very long time.

OK, should I start doing my medical tests, police clearance, translations, etc?

Do they expire? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

You can start gathering your documents, do translations if necessary. You might want to hold off a bit on the PCC unless you need to order from countries where you no longer reside, and the certificates are difficult to obtain, or the certificate clearly indicates a one year validity on it. Only do the medical exam after you've been scheduled for an interview.

Can anybody do the translations? Or do I need a "US certified" translator? I am located in Canada.

Thank you.

Anyone outside of yourself or related to you can do the translation as long as they include a signed certification stating they fluent in both English and the language they're translating from:

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________
Date Typed Name
Address

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

For how long is the police clearance valid (for the US consulate)?

Thank you again!

You really shouldn't focus on irrelevant issues IMO. We've already given you a good guideline on when to get the PCC. A PCC from a country where you're currently residing issued about 6 months before your interview and is listed as being valid for one year is really of no use. It's possible for a person with such a certificate to have committed some sort of crime shortly after that certificate was issued and before the interview, but that wouldn't show up on the old PCC, right. Well, using such a PCC as is considered a fraudulent representation, which is why we explained the need for the certificate to be issued as close to the date of the interview as possible regardless of its listed expiration date.

Hello

I wanted to know if you can help me?
How much is the minimum tax that should have the sponsor that in my case the sponsor is my uncle who is American citizen. I have a four-membered family, me, my wife and two children who are selected for DV-2016.
I talked with my uncle who has shown that he has paid taxes to the state about 90,000 dollars.
Whether it is necessary only for the last two years to the amount requested or during all the years of life in America?
Does it have to be declared monthly wage or only taxes paid in state?

Regards,
Alban

Hello

How much is the minimum tax that should have the sponsor that in my case the sponsor is my uncle who is American citizen. I have a four-membered family, me, my wife and two children who are selected for DV-2016.
I talked with my uncle who has shown that he has paid taxes to the state about 90,000 dollars.
Whether it is necessary only for the last two years to the amount requested or during all the years of life in America?
Does it have to be declared monthly wage or only taxes paid in state?

Regards,
Alban

You asked this same question back on June 15th, Simon answered and gave you a link to where you could find more information, only for you to return and ask exactly the same thing on two different Threads today.

Hello

Regards,
Alban

The requirement is based on gross income, not tax paid. The amount of income required is explain in this link - http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

I don't think those who can genuinely help will bother to respond to you again if you're not going to make use of the original information already provided to you!

You asked this same question back on June 15th, Simon answered and gave you a link to where you could find more information, only for you to return and ask exactly the same thing on two different Threads today.

I don't think those who can genuinely help will bother to respond to you again if you're not going to make use of the original information already provided to you!

I apologize for this but I have not understood the issue of sponsorship. I have two of my mother's brothers in USA who will support me on sponsorship.
It is allowed to send me both of them form I-134?
If one of my uncle's not enough to fulfill the conditions of sponsorship, it is allowed at the same time to have two sponsors.
I am a little worried about this because I don't want to go in AP. My case number is 22XXX, probably my interview will be late and will not have time for AP!

I apologize for this but I have not understood the issue of sponsorship. I have two of my mother's brothers in USA who will support me on sponsorship.
It is allowed to send me both of them form I-134?
If one of my uncle's not enough to fulfill the conditions of sponsorship, it is allowed at the same time to have two sponsors.
I am a little worried about this because I don't want to go in AP. My case number is 22XXX, probably my interview will be late and will not have time for AP!

You cannot present 2 134s - just get one from the person who has the highest earnings. That must be at a level higher than the details in the link I provided previously.

Hello @Britsimon and everyone!
Can you explain what would happen if one person with CN AS000047XX which based on your estimation graphs should expect to be interviewed in Feb/Mar fail to fill DS260 before calling it's number on VB? Does he loose it's position to another selectee? Because as you explained on your blog, one has to submit DS260 approx. 5 weeks before having its number called on VB and this guy now that he has been selected in DV2016 he needs to finish his last year of high school (in his country high school is 11 years + they have 1 year of pre-university which he didn't take part prior to this date) and he will finish by the end of May 2016, does he even have a chance to fill and guarantee his interview place?
On the submission of the program he declared he had a high school diploma, now if he would want to submit his 2 years of work experience, is there any chance that the officer disqualify him?
Thanks in advance!

Can you explain what would happen if one person with CN AS000047XX which based on your estimation graphs should expect to be interviewed in Feb/Mar fail to fill DS260 before calling it's number on VB? Does he loose it's position to another selectee? Because as you explained on your blog, one has to submit DS260 approx. 5 weeks before having its number called on VB and this guy now that he has been selected in DV2016 he needs to finish his last year of high school (in his country high school is 11 years + they have 1 year of pre-university which he didn't take part prior to this date) and he will finish by the end of May 2016, does he even have a chance to fill and guarantee his interview place?
On the submission of the program he declared he had a high school diploma, now if he would want to submit his 2 years of work experience, is there any chance that the officer disqualify him?
Thanks in advance!

If someone is current in Decmeber let's say, but does not submit the DS260 in time, that person will simply be delayed to a later month - being scheduled once the DS260 is processed - that would be a "backlog" case.

Thanks in advance!

Simon answered the first part.
Re the second, he has to show he meets the requirements at the time of interview. He can use whatever he wants, but if he interviews before May he will not have a high school diploma to show, obviously. Be careful of work experience, it is not easy to qualify on that. It is not just 2 years of work, it is 2 years at a particular job level and skill - see both the dvselectee website and britsimonsays blog for more info on that.

Thanks for your message. So how can I safely delay his DS260 submission without risking cut-off? Based on his CN, when do you think is the safest deadline to submit his DS260?
Specifically, I'd like to know what it implies to be a "backlog case"?

"Backlog" just means an interview later than it could have been, it doesn't matter at all as long as you don't leave it too late.
The problem with trying to be cute on submission is processing times are variable. To get later than May but before September... No guarantees on timing but you probably want to submit between February and April. Most people would say leaving till April is cutting it fine however.

"Backlog" just means an interview later than it could have been, it doesn't matter at all as long as you don't leave it too late.
The problem with trying to be cute on submission is processing times are variable. To get later than May but before September... No guarantees on timing but you probably want to submit between February and April. Most people would say leaving till April is cutting it fine however.

Yes agreed. This year there was a hard stop in July (i.e. KCC started telling people they would not process the DS260 - but I am also sure there were people who submitted earlier than that who will not get an interview. So yes - consider April the final date. That will probably result in a August/September interview. This year, people who were scheduled for a September interview naturally (i.e. in the July batch, not by later exception) were sure of a visa slot.

Hello

I'm the principal applicant and I know that only the principal applicant must fill out the education or work conditions. In my case I have wife and two children. Is it necessary to also be presented during the interview my wife's education.
In the form DS-260 I stated that my wife has finished high school.

Regards,
Alban

Hello

I'm the principal applicant and I know that only the principal applicant must fill out the education or work conditions. In my case I have wife and two children. Is it necessary to also be presented during the interview my wife's education.
In the form DS-260 I stated that my wife has finished high school.

Regards,
Alban

You're not required to present educational documents for all your derivatives (wife and kids), you should however fill out all the applicable sections regarding work and educational background for each person.

Hello!

Ref: AS00006xx6,

Any ideas on the interview date and notification email.

How do we know that our DV visa application form is being processed.?

Angiee