• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Can someone tell me about the US certification of the degree. I can certify my high school certificate but what about the BS certificate. Do I have to send in the transcript or the degree certificate for this?

Degree certification isn't required. Unless of course you have a degree/certificate that isn't originally issued in English, in which case you need to translate the document and get whoever does the translation to include a signed certification attesting to their fluency in both English and the language in which the document is originally issued.

Thank you mom. I called USCIS and asked to speak to a L2 officer. After just over an hour on hold, I finally got a chance to speak to one and was told I need to wait 60 days before the green card will be sent. She confirmed that my case update only had "welcome notice has been set" on it but said she didn't even know what I meant by a CPO or Card Production Ordered notice, and that I should just refer to the welcome letter update's estimate (60 days). This does not seem entirely correct based on other people's experiences - I hope this doesn't mean something that should have happened didn't happen with my case, as just about everything i've read both here and about general AOS cases indicates that a CPO notice should occur.

Just to double check - as I have already gotten my welcome letter which states my case has been approved, if there happens to be an issue will I still have to get this resolved by Sept 30 or will I have more time?

Stop being paranoid and driving yourself (and us) crazy. Exercise some additional patience.

Degree certification isn't required. Unless of course you have a degree/certificate that isn't originally issued in English, in which case you need to translate the document and get whoever does the translation to include a signed certification attesting to their fluency in both English and the language in which the document is originally issued.
My degree is in english as well as my high school certificate. But I saw in this forum people were certifying their educational qualifications. Just want to know which one should I do it? Just the high school?

My degree is in english as well as my high school certificate. But I saw in this forum people were certifying their educational qualifications. Just want to know which one should I do it? Just the high school?

Oh I see, now I get you. A couple of FOs require foreign issued degrees/diplomas to be certified. Obviously not all FOs require that. You will need to check the website of the organization you wish to use for the degree certification to find out precisely what they need for the certification. Their requirements varies from one group to the other.

Oh I see, now I get you. A couple of FOs require foreign issued degrees/diplomas to be certified. Obviously not all FOs require that. You will need to check the website of the organization you wish to use for the degree certification to find out precisely what they need for the certification. Their requirements varies from one group to the other.
Thank you MOM

A government issued ID such as a copy of the U.S. passport or GC of the sponsor is required.

i'm guessing driver's license won't work? will an expired passport work? and if not should I go ahead and ask my sponsor to get a passport then? thanks mom!

i'm guessing driver's license won't work? will an expired passport work? and if not should I go ahead and ask my sponsor to get a passport then? thanks mom!

No, a driver's license will not work. It has to be an ID indicating his U.S. status. An expired passport will not work either.

Yeah, no harm in calling.
So I called the KCC today and they said my FO has requested my file yesterday. She said that it takes about 3 weeks to send it over. She also was confused how I already got interviewed without them having my file from KCC. I tried to explain to her that this is AOS case, so it might work differently. Is it normal for them to interview them without having my KCC file? Does anyone know how long it usually takes after they request the file?

So I called the KCC today and they said my FO has requested my file yesterday. She said that it takes about 3 weeks to send it over. She also was confused how I already got interviewed without them having my file from KCC. I tried to explain to her that this is AOS case, so it might work differently. Is it normal for them to interview them without having my KCC file? Does anyone know how long it usually takes after they request the file?
Yeah, it seems to happen quite a lot.

In terms of wait times, there are at least three of us (current in June/July/August) that had our interviews in late July, then waited for 4+ weeks after the file has been requested from the KCC before it being sent (@samc_1988 recently got his welcome letter after a 6-week wait iirc, the other 2 of us are still waiting). Hopefully, as the end of the fiscal year is approaching, they will speed up this particular part of the process.

You can keep calling the KCC and asking (I kept it to once or twice a week), though it probably doesn't really help much, as you're bound to keep having the same conversation with the KCC phone operators who don't seem to be able to do much, as they aren't the ones handling the cases.

Happened to me. Got interview before they received or even requested the file from KCC.

Yeah, it seems to happen quite a lot.

In terms of wait times, there are at least three of us (current in June/July/August) that had our interviews in late July, then waited for 4+ weeks after the file has been requested from the KCC before it being sent (@samc_1988 recently got his welcome letter after a 6-week wait iirc, the other 2 of us are still waiting). Hopefully, as the end of the fiscal year is approaching, they will speed up this particular part of the process.

You can keep calling the KCC and asking (I kept it to once or twice a week), though it probably doesn't really help much, as you're bound to keep having the same conversation with the KCC phone operators who don't seem to be able to do much, as they aren't the ones handling the cases.
Thanks for your reply. I told her that I am concerned about the time as september 30 is approaching. She told me that all the cases just have to be approved by september 30, I don't neccessarily have to get GC by then. Then she said that GC takes upto 6 months to be sent. I am not sure how much she really knows, but this was her response.

Yes it's normal for an AOSer to be interviewed before the KCC file gets sent. The KCC rep you spoke with is obviously clue less about the entire process if she's wondering how it is possible for an interview to take place without the KCC file being sent considering the fact that for CP cases, the embassies do not request the case file before it gets sent.