Georgia Arrest Records, and my Green Card is Expired

CPN706

1. Anyone from Georgia know of the best way obtain my court docketts and arrest records? I called my county sherrifs department and they are complete idiots. Will not help me. I currently live in Colorado

2. My green card is expired. Any possibility of applying for my Citizenship withought a current Permanent Residence Card?

I see, so you let your green card expire and you can't figure out how to get your arrest record and you got arrested but the sherifs department are complete idiots - got it! ;)

Listen I don't want to start trouble I just would like some sort of assistance. Yes I was an idiot when I was younger and I have been in and out of different homes as a child. I just want to do something productive now. I got arrested 3 times between the ages of 18-19. I am 25 now and have completely changed my life around, I finished school. Have a decent job and just want to better my life and I don't have any family, or friends around me to help. I would like to get a lawyer but I want to at least get my criminal records stuff situated before I contact them to help just to save some money and time. I am sorry but I am trying my best here. It is hard to renew a green card when I can barely afford ramen noodles and vienna sausages while im going to school in the day and cleaning toilets at night. Its not like I wanted it to expire.

I did not mean to strike a nerve with you by calling the Sherrifs dept idiots, I have just been very frustrated lately trying to figure everything out. For that I apologise, im figuring things out myself but I figured someone on here might have been through the same situation and could give me some better insight

Hey CPN706,

I found this for your second question:

If you apply for naturalization 6 months or more before the expiration date on your Permanent Resident Card (formerly known as an Alien Registration Card or “Green Card”), you do not have to apply for a new card. However, you may apply for a renewal card if you wish by using an “Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card” (Form I- 90) and paying the appropriate fee. Call the USCIS Forms Line or visit www.uscis.gov. If you apply for naturalization less than 6 months before the expiration date on your Permanent Resident Card, or do not apply for naturalization until your card has already expired, you must renew your card.

However, I also found this:

"A green card is merely evidence of your status. You are still a permanent resident, even if your green card has expired. On that basis, many people have chosen to simply apply for U.S. citizenship after their green card has expired, or not bother to renew the green card if it expires while they're waiting for a USCIS decision on their citizenship application. USCIS policy goes back and forth on how accepting it is of this practice, but lack of a renewed green card should not, by itself, hold up your naturalization approval."

From what I have read, it's better to have a current green card, but an expired one shouldn't prevent you from applying or being approved.

I hope this helps you.

As for your first question, I hope someone else can chime in and help you with it.

Last edited: