Referred to IJ( Court ) after interview

Asylum75

Hello everybody , i had my asylum interview 2 weeks ago after waiting for more than 2 years ( since 2013 ) , finally i got the interview last month after months of struggling financially and emotionally , the interview went well but i felt like it will never be granted through the interview ( i never got any thing this easy ) , i was right and i got the NTA ( Notice To Appear ) in immigration court , and I'm waiting for them to send me the date of my hearing.

I'm thinking seriously of firing my attorney , he didn't do well with me and i think being with him in through the court will be worse than the office interview , so I'm thinking of changing him , is this a good step at this time ?.

I will do my best to get more evidence from my country , although it's too hard to do but i will do my best , do you think that will be a nice choice to bring new evidences ? or they will ask me why didn't you bring them at the beginning ?

my last question , what is like having my court in NYC , what is my chances ? because i fell like i lost everything :S

Years after Years , my life is burning slowly

i don't know about the weather you need a new lawyer or not . thats up to you . what makes you think the lawyer didnt do well?

regarding NYC , based on statistics the asylum office there has the worse approval ratings .
check these links
http://www.uscis.gov/outreach/asylum-division-quarterly-stakeholder-meeting-0
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/PED-2015-01-03-NGO-Asylum-Stats.pdf

they deny/refer more than 50% of cases compare to SAN F for example average of about 80% approval,

but NYC immigration court is another story , it has the highest approval rate but all depends on your case and the judge . the worst judge in NYC has an approval rating of 37% out of 25+ .
http://trac.syr.edu/immigration/reports/361/include/denialrates.html

If you seriously think that your lawyer is not as good as he should be, then, yes, you should get a good/very good one before going to the Immigration Judge.
I think these are seperate cases so, nothing require you to keep the same attorney. It will be a very good idea to find more proof related to your case in order to strenghten your asylum application. You will NOT be asked why didn't you provide these earlier.
Good luck.

By the way, what month have you applied? Can you update us with your complete timeline? It is very helpful for other people who did not have interview but are expecting one anytime now.

i don't know about the weather you need a new lawyer or not . thats up to you . what makes you think the lawyer didnt do well?

regarding NYC , based on statistics the asylum office there has the worse approval ratings .
check these links

they deny/refer more than 50% of cases compare to SAN F for example average of about 80% approval,

but NYC immigration court is another story , it has the highest approval rate but all depends on your case and the judge . the worst judge in NYC has an approval rating of 37% out of 25+ .

Thank you NSS2009 tooo much , you are a good example for people who like to help every body , thank you again for your info , and hope you the best

the lawyer didn't do the job will based on that : 1- he never show me any interesting in the case , at first he said that my case is strong and all evidences are good and will prove the truth , so i feel comfortable , but after one week he said it's not strong , then next month , it's strong .. i asked what makes him fell all those filings toward my case and he kept saying blah blah blah ,
2- he wrote a lot of wrong info in my first work permit application which cost me 6 months of waiting instead of 3
3- when i was about renewing the EAD i asked him about the fee waiver option because i was totally screwed financially , he said that asylum seekers don't have the right to apply for the fee waiver , i called the immigration number and after 2 hours they called me back , i asked about the fee waiver option and they said that it's ok to apply for it in my case , so i told the lawyer and he did the application wrong 2 times so i got denied and paid the fee at the end after losing half of my rent and i was in a very complicated position , no money , no EAD so no job , and waiting over 8 months for the new EAD which he charged 150$ to apply for ! , i'm very stupid because i continue with him , but it was all about money , i'm in new york and he is the cheapest one i found . i don't now how to chose another attorney for the court , i'm doing my homework and searching for one in avvo website , but i don't know if the reviews there are real or fake , i hope everything goes will because i'm really burning , i have no money , my job barely pay my rent , and i don't know what to do . i have 10,000 $ in a savings account in my country but my debit card is expired and i have no body who can do that for me without documents and the bank seems willing to steal this money since i told them that i'm out of country and want to renew the debit card ! , please pray for me

If you seriously think that your lawyer is not as good as he should be, then, yes, you should get a good/very good one before going to the Immigration Judge.
I think these are seperate cases so, nothing require you to keep the same attorney. It will be a very good idea to find more proof related to your case in order to strenghten your asylum application. You will NOT be asked why didn't you provide these earlier.
Good luck.

By the way, what month have you applied? Can you update us with your complete timeline? It is very helpful for other people who did not have interview but are expecting one anytime now.

Thank you my friend , appreciate it , and here is my TRACK INFO

Applied for i-589 June 2013
receipt : June 2013
finger print notice : july 2013
Applied for 1st EAD : December 2013
applied for 2nd EAD : 3 times and the last one was in MAY 2015
Received2nd EAD : july 2015 ( the fastest thing happened in this case ever )
finger print notice : july 2015
Interview notice : july 2015
Intervie done : july 2015 ( very busy month for my case )
Pick up decision : august 2015 ( NTA ) Notice To Appear in court

And I'm still waiting for my future .... i have nothing but hope , me and my wife are dreaming of the day we reach the happens once in our life

you definitely need to find another lawyer specially during this critical time . the immigration court is your last chance so you don't want to screw this up with this so called lawyer.
try to find a pro bono lawyer
check out this link
http://www.bretzlaw.com/pro-bono/

you definitely need to find another lawyer specially during this critical time . the immigration court is your last chance so you don't want to screw this up with this so called lawyer.
try to find a pro bono lawyer
check out this link

i got another lawyer , i hope every thing goes well , lately i heard that court dates are too late this days , somone in the news said that he got his hearing date in 2019 !!!!
i think that i will die before hearing any thing about my case

i got another lawyer , i hope every thing goes well , lately i heard that court dates are too late this days , somone in the news said that he got his hearing date in 2019 !!!!
i think that i will die before hearing any thing about my case
i am glad you decided to go with another lawyer. i got one from a non profit organization, so i paid $300 for the lawyer to help me with the filing which also included EAD filing. they will charge another $300 for them to accompany me in the interview room. there are many organizations that are running to help people with low incomes.

as for the court date, is it really 2019? way too long to have a hearing.

Hello every one , how are you all ? everything always comes when you aren't waiting for it i was thinking that I'm not getting a hearing date while I'm still alive , but it happened today , i got the letter for the master hearing , it's in April / 2016 , which means that i have 7 month from now to prepare every thing , I'm so scared of the idea of getting back to my country and don't know how everything will go , I'm scared , confused , don't have money , can't find a job since too long ... please pray for me

I know it is difficult, but do not think about returning to your country. Think of this as a second chance in a very long fight.
Prepare your case. Start by doing research about asylum. Think about how to strenghten your case. GAther proofs from country and also articles and any thing related to your case. Work very hard on it. You have 7 months to be prepared. Try not to lose time thinking about the future.

Look even harder for a job, any type of job that can pay you a wage.
Make sure your lawyer is willing to work very hard to win your case.

I know it is difficult, but do not think about returning to your country. Think of this as a second chance in a very long fight.
Prepare your case. Start by doing research about asylum. Think about how to strenghten your case. GAther proofs from country and also articles and any thing related to your case. Work very hard on it. You have 7 months to be prepared. Try not to lose time thinking about the future.

Look even harder for a job, any type of job that can pay you a wage.
Make sure your lawyer is willing to work very hard to win your case.

Thanks Lota2013 for your support , your words are more than amazing , i hope that i have the same believe as you , but i will do my best not to think in the feature , and will focus on the case to win it ... wining this case will change my life 360 degree , it's not the case for someone who is doing his best to cheat in order to get the green card , it's a life case , wining this case will keep me far away from being scared every minute .. thank you again and i hope you get your approval soon

Thank you @Asylum75 . The fight is not over until it is over. You have a genuine case. The only thing you need now is gather all proofs and have your lawyer do his/her job. Good luck.

I thinnk i had same problem
My name is now in the court system but i didnt recieve the decision yet
I dont know why my name in the court
Any one knows about this situation?

I thinnk i had same problem
My name is now in the court system but i didnt recieve the decision yet
I dont know why my name in the court
Any one knows about this situation?
Hey!Any news yet?I'm in the same situation.I've done my interview in September 2014 and yesterday I called EOIR and they found my name.Told me my case is pending.But I also did not get any decision.

Hey!Any news yet?I'm in the same situation.I've done my interview in September 2014 and yesterday I called EOIR and they found my name.Told me my case is pending.But I also did not get any decision.
Yes after 10 days i recieved the referal notice to IJ
Im sorry to hear that from you.
Are u interviewed in chicago asylum office?

Yes after 10 days i recieved the referal notice to IJ
Im sorry to hear that from you.
Are u interviewed in chicago asylum office?
No,I was interviewed in Arlington AO.I'm really upset about this,I did not expext this at all.Does this notice tell the reason of referral to court and the date of hearing?

No,I was interviewed in Arlington AO.I'm really upset about this,I did not expext this at all.Does this notice tell the reason of referral to court and the date of hearing?
Sure it tells the reason ,for my the is no hearing date in the NTA
But last week i called EOIR and they were setup a date for me on nov 29 2019