• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I mean like if you start the process now in august ,
how long it will take for every thing till u get visa from embassy
just to have an idea

I think you need to go to britsimonsays.com and see the explanations of how case numbers determine interview dates, and related topics.

Hello Mr. Super Moderator

I wrote to KCC Dv on Friday and they replied me yesterday. They said:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your case has been forwarded to the American Consulate/Embassy of Nairobi.
Any further inquiries regarding this case must be directed to them.

The contact information for the United States Consulate/ Embassy of Nairobi is 254-020-363-6622.

What does it mean. What do you advice us from that letter.

Thanks Mr. Super Moderator

After I receive my DV immigrant visa, can I enter US via another port of entry meaning a state other than the one previously declared on my ds-260 form and to the consulate? If so, should I be doing any corespondence with any officials to let them know? Acurate answers please. Thanks in advance.

The contact information for the United States Consulate/ Embassy of Nairobi is 254-020-363-6622.

It means exactly what we've told you before - once an interview gets scheduled there's nothing KCC can do about the case again. Further correspondence will be with the applicable embassy.

So you need to contact the Nairobi embassy again and hopefully they would have received your wife's case file and can guide you further on the next step to take.

After I receive my DV immigrant visa, can I enter US via another port of entry meaning a state other than the one previously declared on my ds-260 form and to the consulate? If so, should I be doing any corespondence with any officials to let them know? Acurate answers please. Thanks in advance.

1. Yes you can.
2. No you don't need to.

As mom said. And they gave you a phone number, so use it!!!

Hi, everyone!
I am gathering my docs now, and planing to send them to the embassy for pre-screening on Monday.
In the instructions it says that I need to send: "two full photocopies of marriage certificate (one copy for each spouse). If the marriage took place in a country other that Turkey or US, a certified English translation of the foreign marriage certificate is also required."
So I do I need to send just 2 copies + 1 certified translation, or it has to be 2 copies both translated with notary seals?

Sorry, if I'm asking a stupid question. I thought I understand English better than my mother language, but I honestly feel like an idiot reading and not getting the point.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, everyone!
I am gathering my docs now, and planing to send them to the embassy for pre-screening on Monday.
In the instructions it says that I need to send: "two full photocopies of marriage certificate (one copy for each spouse). If the marriage took place in a country other that Turkey or US, a certified English translation of the foreign marriage certificate is also required."
So I do I need to send just 2 copies + 1 certified translation, or it has to be 2 copies both translated with notary seals?

Sorry, if I'm asking a stupid question. I thought I understand English better than my mother language, but I honestly feel like an idiot reading and not getting the point.

Thanks in advance.

2 copies + 1 certified translation

Guys, another question:
When we will come to the US we will be staying at my aunt's house for the first couple of months. Is there any document that I need to present at the embassy describing this matter? Or a simple invitation e-mail from my aunt will do that?

Thanks

Hello everbody, please anyone may help on this, how long will it take for green card holder/winner through DVlottery to invite his parrents for a visit only for few months? Is there a given time limit? Or its only when his a stable and can manage to acomodate them?

Hello everbody, please anyone may help on this, how long will it take for green card holder/winner through DVlottery to invite his parrents for a visit only for few months? Is there a given time limit? Or its only when his a stable and can manage to acomodate them?

The parents can come immediately - but if they need a visa - they must apply for the visa in their own country and they will have to demonstrate that they will return home.

The parents can come immediately - but if they need a visa - they must apply for the visa in their own country and they will have to demonstrate that they will return home.

They will also need to demonstrate they have enough funds for the visit and if they can't, then they will need an affidavit of support for the visa - so to go back to Alexngoda's question, if they can't show they will support themselves then yes you will need to show you can support them during their visit/stay with you.