• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

FYI about Unlocking DS-260

The official word is that unlocking the form would not delay an interview. However, we tend to think that it depends on the information you changing in DS-260. I would think that adding high school would not delay the interview. So unlock it, make the changes, double check everything and re-submit right away. KCC should go by your original submission date.

What's your region (Africa, Asia, Europe)?
There is nothing to worry about. If you are from Africa or Europe, you will get your chance even if it sightly delays your processing. If you are from Asia, your interview is about a year away, so there is plenty of time.

Thank you so much!

I'm from European region, Moscow embassy. As I see on another (russian speaking) forum my interview will be approximately in december if unlocking will not affect this.

Well, now one reason less to worry about :)

Thank you so much!

I'm from European region, Moscow embassy. As I see on another (russian speaking) forum my interview will be approximately in december if unlocking will not affect this.

Well, now one reason less to worry about :)
Could also be November. For November your DS has to be fully processed before early September (2 months prior to interview month). At the moment, we do not know how long the processing takes for 2016 forms. However, for 2015 it could be as fast as 2 months right now. (each case is different though).
I don't think you are in danger of the delaying.
Are you Russian?

Could also be November. For November your DS has to be fully processed before early September (2 months prior to interview month). At the moment, we do not know how long the processing takes for 2016 forms. However, for 2015 it could be as fast as 2 months right now. (each case is different though).
I don't think you are in danger of the delaying.
Are you Russian?

Thanks. It helps a lot. :) Yes, I'm.

Thanks to the speed of KCC in unlocking my form, I updated both passport and order of previous work records.
Simon, for me with CN 2015AS000076xx when should I expect to receive 2NL? next month? Any hope that reprocess get completed by that time? Any ways to speed it up?

I have similar problem. I filled my DS260 1 year ago, in May 2014. My children's passports are getting expired in July 2015. Should I unlock DS260 and update their info with new passports or I can bring new passports to the interview? Region is EU (Georgia). My case is not current yet (40,xxx)

You are talking about your DS260, not the CEAC data. Yours is normal.
am also having a problem i sent my form and received that confirmation page so with that i tried to list my email address and listed another one for emergency but last time i was doing a review and signed in again but i found the emergency email not listed so i tried to list it again. so does this mean i changed something without asking for unlocking.
nway it seems as a silly question but am a bit paranoid

I have similar problem. I filled my DS260 1 year ago, in May 2014. My children's passports are getting expired in July 2015. Should I unlock DS260 and update their info with new passports or I can bring new passports to the interview? Region is EU (Georgia). My case is not current yet (40,xxx)

I would just bring the new passports - bring the old ones too.

am also having a problem i sent my form and received that confirmation page so with that i tried to list my email address and listed another one for emergency but last time i was doing a review and signed in again but i found the emergency email not listed so i tried to list it again. so does this mean i changed something without asking for unlocking.
nway it seems as a silly question but am a bit paranoid

It's not possible to change any part of the form once submitted without requesting for it to be unlocked. For as long as you haven't requested KCC or KCC hadn't unlocked the form, whatever change you think you've made after the submission did not go through.

It's not possible to change any part of the form once submitted without requesting for it to be unlocked. For as long as you haven't requested KCC or KCC hadn't unlocked the form, whatever change you think you've made after the submission did not go through.
ok i get it mom

Dear expert moderators... need your advise here.. I made errors regarding visa refusal on my ds 260, already asked kcc to unlock and successfully re-submitting it on the same day (July 31th). Problem is i notice a difference on my second confirmation letter after unlocking and re-submitting my ds260. Instead of 2016AS000013xx it stated 2016AS13xx. I think its because i didnt include zeros when contacting KCC to unlock my form. Will this bring problem in the future? should i call kcc for this?
Also, may I know when my interview be held? Thank you so much for your help! God blesses you all..

Dear expert moderators... need your advise here.. I made errors regarding visa refusal on my ds 260, already asked kcc to unlock and successfully re-submitting it on the same day (July 31th). Problem is i notice a difference on my second confirmation letter after unlocking and re-submitting my ds260. Instead of 2016AS000013xx it stated 2016AS13xx. I think its because i didnt include zeros when contacting KCC to unlock my form. Will this bring problem in the future? should i call kcc for this?
Also, may I know when my interview be held? Thank you so much for your help! God blesses you all..

They both mean the same thing. Relax, no need to stress or contact KCC over that.

Dear Mom, KCC has replied my message with "Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing"
Does this mean that they pending my case review due to unlocking DS260? how sad...
Thank you for replying Mom!

Dear Mom, KCC has replied my message with "Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. Interviews are scheduled numerically based on case numbers that have completed processing"
Does this mean that they pending my case review due to unlocking DS260? how sad...

It's a standard response meaning your DS has been processed and your case is awaiting your interview.

Standard response, doesn't have anything to do with unlocking the form.

my case number is AF291** from Ethiopia and
hopefully will current for June interview when i
review my ds260 file i get a mistake on the date
of attendance of higher education i unlocked
today and resubmit the same time does
unlocking ds260 makes interview delay ?

Hi
I'm from Iran and my CN is 2017AS000056xx
We are 2 adult (with pass expiration less an 10 months)
Our problems:
First: I missed first letter of my and my wife Passport number in DS 260 , what I Do? unlock the form and edit it or explain it to CO (my interview location is Ankara)
plus get a new passport and give the new and old passport to Co
Second: We maybe current in the next month and interview in the April, if i have to unlock then current of us will be delayed?

Hi
I'm from Iran and my CN is 2017AS000056xx
We are 2 adult (with pass expiration less an 10 months)
Our problems:
First: I missed first letter of my and my wife Passport number in DS 260 , what I Do? unlock the form and edit it or explain it to CO (my interview location is Ankara)
plus get a new passport and give the new and old passport to Co
Second: We maybe current in the next month and interview in the April, if i have to unlock then current of us will be delayed?

If your DS260 has an inaccurate passport number you should, WITHOUT DOUBT, unlock and correct that. If you don't, the background checks will be compromised and a CO might decide there was an attempt to hide something.

Forget about the chance of delay, you should be thinking about the chance of denial.