• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2016 RESULTS 91,563 winners

Hello

I wanted to know if you can help me?
How much is the minimum tax that should have the sponsor that in my case the sponsor is my uncle who is American citizen. I have a four-membered family, me, my wife and two children who are selected for DV-2016.
I talked with my uncle who has shown that he has paid taxes to the state about 90,000 dollars.
Whether it is necessary only for the last two years to the amount requested or during all the years of life in America?

Regards,
Alban

Hello

I wanted to know if you can help me?
How much is the minimum tax that should have the sponsor that in my case the sponsor is my uncle who is American citizen. I have a four-membered family, me, my wife and two children who are selected for DV-2016.
I talked with my uncle who has shown that he has paid taxes to the state about 90,000 dollars.
Whether it is necessary only for the last two years to the amount requested or during all the years of life in America?

Regards,
Alban

The requirement is based on gross income, not tax paid. The amount of income required is explain in this link - http://britsimonsays.com/all-about-public-charge-affidavit-of-support-i-134/

Hi Team
I won DV lottery 2016 , i am from Nepal, my CN is AF00055***, is my number safe to be called for interview? which month approximately?
DS-260 already submitted.

:) hhhhh, sorry, i just copy past from previews question , I'm from Algeria my CN is AF00055***
:) no problem. The highest 2015 AF CN invited for an interview was 49,999 (presuming that one was a real CN and not a "hole"). Of course DV-2016 progression will not necessarily develop in same way as DV-2015, nevertheless, first off, 2016AF55,xxx might possibly turn out to be on the high side, you will unfortunately have to wait and see how things will develop during and throughout the new DV year, you will know no later than by mid July 2016...

:) no problem. The highest 2015 AF CN invited for an interview was 49,999 (presuming that one was a real CN and not a "hole"). Of course DV-2016 progression will not necessarily develop in same way as DV-2015, nevertheless, first off, 2016AF55,xxx might possibly turn out to be on the high side, you will unfortunately have to wait and see how things will develop during and throughout the new DV year, you will know no later than by mid July 2016...
Many Thanks Euro2014 :), really appreciate your explication

Hi I'm from tunisia (the number of selectees from tunisia is 227) my CN is AF42XXX. I submitted my ds260 form in 5th of June. Should i worry? If not when will my interview be scheduled ?

Last edited:
Hi I'm from tunisia (the number of selectees from tunisia is 227) my CN is AF42XXX. I submitted my ds260 form in 5th of June. Should i worry? If not when will my interview be scheduled ?

Still a long wait ahead, interview could be anywhere between July - Sept 2016.

Hi, I just found out yesterday that I won, my CN is 2016SA000002XX, I am from South America but I live in Canada. Where can I expect to receive the second letter? And am I still in good timing to be approved? I sent the DS-260 electronically today. What should I prepare while I wait?

Thank you!

The cutoff last year was 50000 so you're probably going to win. However - you're a little high so you're not 100% safe. We've seen region cutoffs fall before so don't quit your job or make any big changes in your life.

You have a one year+ wait ahead. Welcome to the forum!

guys the first VB will be out this week. haha let's just pray for our year so that we all make it cos we really need this dv.....fingers crossed

You have a great number but it takes between 2-3 months to process the DS260. So, given you submitted today, I wouldn't expect notification of interview for a little while. But you are safe.

In the meantime, read this regarding supporting documents:

OK, should I start doing my medical tests, police clearance, translations, etc?

Do they expire? What do you recommend?

Thank you!

Also, even if I submitted the DS260 yesterday, will I be contacted sooner because I have a low number? (SA000002XX)

Thanks again!