• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Yes, He received a RFE Based on the USCIS thinking it was a sponsorship green card and not the diversity visa. we sent in all the diversity visa letter and everything from the KCC.

Your husband should make an INFOPASS appointment to follow up on his case.

He did, earliest appointment was Friday. What kind of questions should he ask?

He should ask about his case - when or if IL has been sent, if background check has cleared, if KCC file has been requested/received, etc

I had my biometrics done on July 10th. I did it in the East Hartford, CT Application support center. I haven't heard anything after that. I am worried that the process won't be completed in time. I looked at the spreadsheet for field office, but don't know which one to look at.

How do I find out which field office is processing my case?

Also is there anyway I can expedite this process?

Also, one more thing, I called the USCIS customer service number today and told them that I have done the finger prints and waiting on the results. I mentioned to them that their website mentions that the adjustment of status must be completed before September 30 and if it's not completed, the visa can't be used next year. They told me that it doesn't matter since I have already filed for I-485. I didn't believe this info, so I called back again and talked to a different representative, they told me the same thing. Have they changed their policy?

Please help.

Thanks.

AG

I had my biometrics done on July 10th. I did it in the East Hartford, CT Application support center. I haven't heard anything after that. I am worried that the process won't be completed in time. I looked at the spreadsheet for field office, but don't know which one to look at.

How do I find out which field office is processing my case?

Also is there anyway I can expedite this process?

Also, one more thing, I called the USCIS customer service number today and told them that I have done the finger prints and waiting on the results. I mentioned to them that their website mentions that the adjustment of status must be completed before September 30 and if it's not completed, the visa can't be used next year. They told me that it doesn't matter since I have already filed for I-485. I didn't believe this info, so I called back again and talked to a different representative, they told me the same thing. Have they changed their policy?

Please help.

Thanks.

AG

No, the policy hasn't changed. All DV based AOS cases must be completed be completed by Sept. 3oth (the last day of the applicable FY). The USCIS phone reps have no idea regarding the deadline, so they keep giving people the wrong information. Same thing they will do if you ask about the processing time, they will give you the general processing time which is not applicable to DV cases.

Use the following link to find/determine your applicable FO:

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

thanks, i live in Connecticut, so it looks like we don't have any info about how fast the Hartford office handles Diversity Visa. Does the fingerprint get processed faster for DV cases?

Is there anything I could do to make sure the process gets completed?

thanks, i live in Connecticut, so it looks like we don't have any info about how fast the Hartford office handles Diversity Visa. Does the fingerprint get processed faster for DV cases?

Is there anything I could do to make sure the process gets completed?

Did you check as far back as the 2011 Timeline? The biometric process is basically done at the same pace for everyone, there's typically no delay on that end, unless of course the background check reveals something in which case there's really not much that can be done, when it comes to security issue, nobody wants to rush anything.

What is your CN? When did you become current and when did you submit your package?

Hi all,

Just an update on my case after my interview at the end of July. The interview went well but was a little bit weird. When talking about how I would support myself my IO refused to accept my i-134 affidavit of support (he just gave it back to me) and claimed it was "not the correct form for these kind of cases, and even if it was, full tax information would be needed, not just the W-2". This was unexpected, so I gave him my latest bank statement unprompted as I have some money saved up (I know you should never say/give the IO things if not asked for, but I panicked). Happily this seemed to satisfy the IO and he added my latest bank statement to my file and moved on. For what its worth, I was also asked to show the evaluation reports for my high school and university degrees despite them being from the UK. So imo, even though they might not ask 100% of the time, if the interview letter specifically mentions it I would still do it. My IO actually recognized my university and made an offhand remark about it, but still insisted on seeing evaluation reports for everything.

Outside of this I was just asked standard questions (name, parents, last entry, security questions etc.). The interview was very short and only lasted about 15 minutes.

At the end of the interview, the IO said "I have everything I need but cannot do anything until your case file gets sent over hopefully visas don't run out by then". I've called KCC a few times to check on the status of my case, and while I usually get the same "a request from your FO has been received, it has not been sent yet, no other information", today I had a really nice operator who went directly to the department that is handling this to ask them on my behalf. After disappearing for about 10 minutes, she came back and said that they had told her I should expect to wait roughly 4 more weeks before my case will be sent to my FO. If what she said was correct, this would put things at around 2 months from the time my FO requested my file to the time it gets sent back to my FO and timeline wise will push my case processing into September. This is a little bit worrisome for an interview sat in July - I really hope there is still enough time left to finish things.

Hopefully KCC gets their act together soon - this delay that is affecting so many people with no signs of being fixed is quite ridiculous. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and huge thanks to @Sm1smom and everyone else who has posted in this thread for helping me even get this far.

Did you check as far back as the 2011 Timeline? The biometric process is basically done at the same pace for everyone, there's typically no delay on that end, unless of course the background check reveals something in which case there's really not much that can be done, when it comes to security issue, nobody wants to rush anything.

What is your CN? When did you become current and when did you submit your package?

my number is 20xx, i could apply last year coz i had a very low number but didn't figure out until May this year. I submitted by application in may and they received the finger print fee on June 18. I had the biometrics done on July 10.

I have another question, what happens after the interview? Do they give me the green card after the interview or you have to wait?

Thanks a lot for helping. This whole process is making me nervous, especially because everything is very slow.

Hi all,

Just an update on my case after my interview at the end of July. The interview went well but was a little bit weird. When talking about how I would support myself my IO refused to accept my i-134 affidavit of support (he just gave it back to me) and claimed it was "not the correct form for these kind of cases, and even if it was, full tax information would be needed, not just the W-2". This was unexpected, so I gave him my latest bank statement unprompted as I have some money saved up (I know you should never say/give the IO things if not asked for, but I panicked). Happily this seemed to satisfy the IO and he added my latest bank statement to my file and moved on. For what its worth, I was also asked to show the evaluation reports for my high school and university degrees despite them being from the UK. So imo, even though they might not ask 100% of the time, if the interview letter specifically mentions it I would still do it. My IO actually recognized my university and made an offhand remark about it, but still insisted on seeing evaluation reports for everything.

Outside of this I was just asked standard questions (name, parents, last entry, security questions etc.). The interview was very short and only lasted about 15 minutes.

At the end of the interview, the IO said "I have everything I need but cannot do anything until your case file gets sent over hopefully visas don't run out by then". I've called KCC a few times to check on the status of my case, and while I usually get the same "a request from your FO has been received, it has not been sent yet, no other information", today I had a really nice operator who went directly to the department that is handling this to ask them on my behalf. After disappearing for about 10 minutes, she came back and said that they had told her I should expect to wait roughly 4 more weeks before my case will be sent to my FO. If what she said was correct, this would put things at around 2 months from the time my FO requested my file to the time it gets sent back to my FO and timeline wise will push my case processing into September. This is a little bit worrisome for an interview sat in July - I really hope there is still enough time left to finish things.

Hopefully KCC gets their act together soon - this delay that is affecting so many people with no signs of being fixed is quite ridiculous. Best of luck to everyone still waiting, and huge thanks to @Sm1smom and everyone else who has posted in this thread for helping me even get this far.

Congratulations on getting the interview out of the way. Fingers crossed, your file gets sent soon and you get to be approved not too long from now.

my number is 20xx, i could apply last year coz i had a very low number but didn't figure out until May this year. I submitted by application in may and they received the finger print fee on June 18. I had the biometrics done on July 10.

I have another question, what happens after the interview? Do they give me the green card after the interview or you have to wait?

Thanks a lot for helping. This whole process is making me nervous, especially because everything is very slow.

Everything is very slow??? Try doing some online searching to find out how long an employment or a marriage based AOS process takes.

Take a look at the AOS spreadsheet for the answers to your first set of questions. I'm referring you to the spreadsheet rather than give an answer here as I think you will have a better understanding of the process by looking at the spreadsheet, it has a lot of useful information.

Everything is very slow??? Try doing some online searching to find out how long an employment or a marriage based AOS process takes.

Take a look at the AOS spreadsheet for the answers to your first set of questions. I'm referring you to the spreadsheet rather than give an answer here as I think you will have a better understanding of the process by looking at the spreadsheet, it has a lot of useful information.

Hey mom,

I did look at the info. In 2011, the Hartford office was taking around 4 months after finger prints to schedule an interview. I am going to the hartford office tomorrow to see if I can get additional information from them and try to explain my case.

I saw online that other processes that very long to process. I am just hoping that I get this done on time.

Not sure if that will help.

-AG

Hey mom,

I did look at the info. In 2011, the Hartford office was taking around 4 months after finger prints to schedule an interview. I am going to the hartford office tomorrow to see if I can get additional information from them and try to explain my case.

I saw online that other processes that very long to process. I am just hoping that I get this done on time.

Not sure if that will help.

-AG

Paying the FO a visit is not a bad idea, however I'm not sure you can simply do a walk-in though. Have you considered making an INFOPASS appointment?

Hi all,

By the way, do update the Timeline spreadsheet with your info, if you haven't done so already.

By the way, do update the Timeline spreadsheet with your info, if you haven't done so already.
Will do tonight :) I had tried a while ago but had trouble entering information into the spreadsheet (I think because people were re-sorting it then?)

Last edited:
Paying the FO a visit is not a bad idea, however I'm not sure you can simply do a walk-in though. Have you considered making an INFOPASS appointment?
I did make an infopass appointment. most of the options do not apply to me, so I picked fill up a form at the office. hopefully, they won't kick me out.

Will do tonight :) I had tried a while ago but had trouble entering information into the spreadsheet (I think because people were re-sorting it then?)

Yeah, I've already put a message for users to stop re-sorting the spreadsheet. Everyone simply need to add their information as is.

Unfortunately I do believe the majority of those sorting and re-sorting, and constantly referring to the spreadsheet are the selfish ones who have completely refused to update it with their own information. Such a shame that there are people who find them useful but are too selfish to pay it forward by putting down their own information and helping others.

Yeah, I've already put a message for users to stop re-sorting the spreadsheet. Everyone simply need to add their information as is.

Unfortunately I do believe the majority of those sorting and re-sorting, and constantly referring to the spreadsheet are the selfish ones who have completely refused to update it with their own information. Such a shame that there are people who find them useful but are too selfish to pay it forward by putting down their own information and helping others.
Im glad you put the message for the users. It was kind of messed up with many sheets too. There is always the option of creating temporary file for personal use. But i hope the message puts a stop to the rearranging and stuff.

smh...just dont understand the liberties people take...this is an important tool, hopefully it is left alone from this point on, and people do take the time to enter their info so that future DVers can benefit as well.

Given the wealth of info I gained here in a very short time, I would feel horrible being selfish with any little info I had. I hope my info on the spread sheet helps someone some day just as others have helped me.