How to renew stamp TN visa

Arturo Santos

Hello
I have my i-94 form already extended for 3 more years, but my stamp visa is due August 6th, I would like to new it in case i want to go to mexico for visit.
It is true that I can do it in any international airport? how this work?

You renew it next time you go to mexico, by appointemnt at consulate. it cannot be done within US.

Yeah, it is what I figured out.
Some one told me that I can use "automatic revalidation program" does anybody knows about that??

AVR comes into play when you already have an approved I-94 (like you) and you make short visits in North america. Border will allow you to enter with the expired visa. the problem is that AVR does not apply if you are visiting your home country (Mexico). So, if you (a mexican) were visiting canada or Jamaica, you could use AVR, but if you are visiting Mexico, you MUST get a new visa while there.

AVR comes into play when you already have an approved I-94 (like you) and you make short visits in North america. Border will allow you to enter with the expired visa. the problem is that AVR does not apply if you are visiting your home country (Mexico). So, if you (a mexican) were visiting canada or Jamaica, you could use AVR, but if you are visiting Mexico, you MUST get a new visa while there.

Hi
Does this apply to unexpired visa?

I went for a change of status from L1b to H1b few months back, while being in US.
My old L1b visa stamp on passport is expiring on Sep 2016.
I know I have new I94 from H1b which expires in Aug 2018 and approved i797.
I wish to visit Canada for 2 days but then can I reenter US through Automatic Revalidation route? I'm confused if it applies to me or not, as they shouldn't ask me a H1 visa stamp on passport at PoE when I'm driving back.

Now pls advice.thank u!

That's a little bit better information! The original poster was not changing status, but you are. Details, man!

Yes, under AVR, your current L1B visa can be used with your current H1B I-94 to enter US if in Mexico/Canada for less than 30 days.