• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Install a PDF printer and try printing to it.

I went to two different internet shops, just came back - nothing. The same problem everywhere. I've copied and pasted all of the info from the page into MSWord file and printed it this way on the page that had the websites headers and footers :D. I hope they will accept that.

Hi, everyone!
I have registered online at usvisa-info.com, added all of my family members etc... The only problem - I cannot print the registration receipt (confirmation). It prints only the headers and footers (date, website address etc.) I have tried using Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer - neither one worked. I've contacted the CSC call center and told them that there is a problem. They've checked and said that they can't print it too. The operator said that it could be a technical problem or something like that, and asked to check tomorrow.
Just to mention I'm registered in Turkey (Turkish post PTT).
Have anyone encountered such problems? And what shall I do if this problem will not be fixed?

If you are using a windows machine take a screen print. Modern versions of windows have
the snipping tool so you can pick the area of screen you want. Take the snip, save as jpg and you're done.

I don't know if this question was asked before, but if you could help me with this, I would really appreciate it.
For your first flight to US, if you're using 2 airports, one for transit and one for final destination, which airport should be used for POE: the first one (used as a transit) or the second one (final destination)?

I don't know if this question was asked before, but if you could help me with this, I would really appreciate it.
For your first flight to US, if you're using 2 airports, one for transit and one for final destination, which airport should be used for POE: the first one (used as a transit) or the second one (final destination)?

First entry point. So - if you fly into New York and take a connecting flight to Dallas, you would pass immigration in NY - and the flight to Dallas is a domestic flight (so no immigration screening on that flight).

First entry point. So - if you fly into New York and take a connecting flight to Dallas, you would pass immigration in NY - and the flight to Dallas is a domestic flight (so no immigration screening on that flight).

Which also means you need to give yourself enough time between flights to do all the processes. Rather spend an extra hour killing time with free airport wifi than rushing and paying extra because you missed the connection.

Which also means you need to give yourself enough time between flights to do all the processes. Rather spend an extra hour killing time with free airport wifi than rushing and paying extra because you missed the connection.
Thank you both. That's good to know.

That's true, but I was a little concerned (and maybe should have made that clearer in my post) that the delay might have been caused by something being wrong with my status. If they just have technical issues I don't really care, but I was worried that the delay might have been caused by some last-minute problems with my case. But that doesn't seem to be it. ;-)

Next issue: Finding a job in the Bay Area :)

Another deadline has passed by which I was supposed to have gotten my GC, but nothing happened. I called them again and they said "don't worry, everything is ok with your case, call back in a month if you haven't received the card by then". So I guess I'll just wait

Thank you both. That's good to know.
Hi LulKosova
Can you help me? I'm Albanian but I lived in Kosovo for more than 1 year. So I need a Criminal record or a Police Certificate. I don't know how to do and where to go to have it. What kind of docs are required for that (ID, Copy of ID, or passport, something else?) Please help!

Hi LulKosova
Can you help me? I'm Albanian but I lived in Kosovo for more than 1 year. So I need a Criminal record or a Police Certificate. I don't know how to do and where to go to have it. What kind of docs are required for that (ID, Copy of ID, or passport, something else?) Please help!
I've send you a private message (inbox). Reply there.

Hi EmiHami, you need police certificate from a country where you previously resided if you lived there for more than 6 months. I believe if you did not move back to a given country, a police cert. older than 6 months would be fine. You can also check the country reciprocity site to see what exactly you need to obtain: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. Once you are in the US, it would take approx. 1-3 months for the plastic cards to be mailed to you but that does not mean you cannot travel in the meantime – you can travel since you’d already have the temporary green card endorsed in your passport. As a green card holder, you can stay out of the country for max. 1 year without requesting a reentry permit, as per USCIS info: http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/maintaining-permanent-residence. However, I have heard stories before where people were heavily questioned and interrogated at the airport after more than 6 months long absences - can anyone report similar experiences?

Hello Sunshine
I have a question: when someone can have the temporary green card endorsed in his passport. Can he travel 2 weeks after his entrance in USA, without the green card (the document?)

My interview is in a month, and my medical is coming up, too. And even though it looks like everything is in good shape (just waiting for a PC from Germany now), I'm worrying about EVERYTHING now...

Two slight issues remain:

I did high school in Germany. I have a certified translation of my original high school diploma, but the original high school diploma itself no longer exists. Instead, I have a copy of the high school diploma (in German), certified by a notary public. My questions:
a) Is a true copy of the original document in lieu of the actual original document good enough?
b) Do I need to get another certified translation of the true copy, because TECHNICALLY the translation I have is a translation of the original document, not of the certified copy. And even though the content of the original document and the certified copy is obviously identical, strictly speaking the translation is not a translation of the certified copy, but rather of the original. I'll take the better safe than sorry approach and get another translation, even though that's probably overkill.
I also have a one-page document from my high school (for German social security purposes) confirming in 3 sentences that I attended the school, the dates I attended, and that I successfully completed the final high school exam (Abitur). On top of that, I also have military records that confirm that I completed high school in Germany.
So I guess that I have enough documents showing that I completed high school, it just bothers me a bit that I do no longer have the original high school diploma.

According to that document from high school, my high school entrance date on the DS-260 is off by 5 days, same month though (and 25 years ago). Is that going to be an issue? I entered the info on the DS-260 on a good-faith and best effort basis and had until recently no way of confirming the exact entry date.

Any thoughts?

hello, I have a quick question. iread somewhere that you cross the border by car from Canada ..( I plan to do same, but continue to travel further) ..is that ok?..who stamped and where was your passort stamped? to whom did you show the sealed envelope? thank you

Thanks! I crossed the border this week, the guard at the gate said that I couldn't just come into the US for a day and then leave for a few weeks, but when he sent me inside the building to talk to the officer who opened my envelope, it wasn't a problem. My status in Canada also didn't come up. According to the officer, I was free to spend the day in the US, return to Canada for about 4-6 weeks to wrap things up here, and then return to the US permanently.

I want to thank everybody here on this forum for their tremendous help. I've learned a lot from the many useful (and occasional useless) questions and answers.

I want to thank in particular the moderators Sm1smom, SusieQQQ, and Britsimon. I have benefited greatly from your advice. Thanks for providing this service to the community.

I will probably not post in this thread again, but turn my attention instead to the various "Life after GC" threads on this forum.

Thank you!

Hello,
I am planning to do something similar but I am not sure.
I want to travel to Detroit to activate the card, but then I will fly further for 5 days to Texas,
then come back, and leave in 2-3 months .
Was it ok for you to cross the border in a rental car ... did they stamp the passport right away or
was it more complicated?
Have you now moved to US for good?
Thank you.

Guys, is it okay to use a hotel/hostel as an address when applying for a social security number? Thanks, Annanz