I-130 and I-485

vaish

Registered Users (C)
I am filing for I-130 and I-485 for my parents together in USA. They are right now here on B2 visa . I have couple questions on the forms
I-485 - Should I be including my address for my parents sicne they will be in US for adjustment of status
My parents dont have birthcertificate. Does anybody have experience of getting a no birth certificate letter from indian embassay in USA.
For the Affadavit of support , should I include my address in USA since they will be here when the forms are filed
Thanks !

I am in the process of applying for my parents as well and they are in the US on a B2 just like yours. I ended up using my current address in the US as their address in all the forms.

I ended up getting a Birth Certificate for my Mom and a Non-availability Certificate for my dad in India itself through some relatives who applied for those documents on my parents behalf. I don't think a letter from the embassy will suffice based on what I have read on the forums here.

Hope this helps.

Have you already applied? Can you please post your timeline. I just applied for my Mom too. I was just curious how fast everything is moving with I-130 and I-485 for parents.

hi, I have one query. My husband is GC holder of USA. we got married in Dec2014 an he filed my i130, we got priority date of Jan2015. Is there a way I can visit my husband to USA on Diwali festival in Oct2015

hi, I have one query. My husband is GC holder of USA. we got married in Dec2014 an he filed my i130, we got priority date of Jan2015. Is there a way I can visit my husband to USA on Diwali festival in Oct2015
You can try. But you might be denied a visa and/or entry.

Hello
My wife and I got married in US late last year. She is a Canadian citizen and I am green card holder in US. We filed an I-130 for her under family petition F2A category. We have received an approval from USCIS and now the case is with National Visa Center for further processing. We are pretty much waiting for the priority date to become current. Currently, she lives in Canada and I am in US. While this process is active, is she allowed to travel to US and if so, does her traveling cause any issues during the time of final approvals. She would like to come to US and stay for about a month or so and return back to Canada. She is also currently working in Canada. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello
My wife and I got married in US late last year. She is a Canadian citizen and I am green card holder in US. We filed an I-130 for her under family petition F2A category. We have received an approval from USCIS and now the case is with National Visa Center for further processing. We are pretty much waiting for the priority date to become current. Currently, she lives in Canada and I am in US. While this process is active, is she allowed to travel to US and if so, does her traveling cause any issues during the time of final approvals. She would like to come to US and stay for about a month or so and return back to Canada. She is also currently working in Canada. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Nothing prohibits her from traveling to the US, but there is a chance of her being denied entry.

If she is granted a permission to travel, can that impact the final interview or final approval from National Visa Center?

As a Canadian passport holder, she can seek entry at a US POE. She does not need to seek permission to travel. If she is granted entry at the POE, she can stay for as long as her entry period allows, default it 6 months. If she is denied entry, she returns back to Canada. Neither scenario will negatively affect her final interview in Montreal.

If she is granted a permission to travel, can that impact the final interview or final approval from National Visa Center?

Thank you so much for looking into our request and helping us get some answers. It feels very comforting knowing these things.

I -130 for mother. I am filing I -130 for my mother. I need to know what supporting documents I need to submit while filing I-130. I understand that as U.S. Citizen I need to submit my naturalization certificates copy , my passport copy and check/ money order. What else ? Do I need mom birth certificate also actually she don't have birth certificate, please share your experience if anyone go through it. Thank u in advance!

I -130 for mother. I am filing I -130 for my mother. I need to know what supporting documents I need to submit while filing I-130. I understand that as U.S. Citizen I need to submit my naturalization certificates copy , my passport copy and check/ money order. What else ? Do I need mom birth certificate also actually she don't have birth certificate, please share your experience if anyone go through it. Thank u in advance!
I-130 doesn't require her birth certificate. But I-485 requires her birth certificate. If she is going through consular processing that will also need her birth certificate at some point. You can check what are acceptable documents for her country here.

We just learned card was mailed out for I-485 which means the back log that we were notified of that would be approx. 6 months is less than 3 months! This is for Texas center.