• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Marriage certificate

Angel_hugzzz

We are not obtaining a Green card through the lottery but through a employer sponser so don't want to intrude on your other threads.

Quick question: we have a original hand written Marriage Certificate. We are in the US but heard from people in South Africa they have printed ones that are provided by home affairs.......can I still use the hand written one?

We are not obtaining a Green card through the lottery but through a employer sponser so don't want to intrude on your other threads.

Quick question: we have a original hand written Marriage Certificate. We are in the US but heard from people in South Africa they have printed ones that are provided by home affairs.......can I still use the hand written one?

We were told we had to get a computer issued one, albeit for an interview at the consulate in Johannesburg. I'd suggest you use one of the agents who manage to expedite requests at home affairs to get one for you.

Just something I wonder about.......do I ask for just a normal one or must it also be a unabridged marriage certificate