• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

hello everyone,
i need a help from any one from you
i can't sign and submit my son sd-260 form, i finish everything but in the end is not loading without any error msg

I believe you have to click and read the Selective service System DS-1810 pdf form before the sign and submit application button becomes active.

Hi all,

So I'm set to travel this Monday. I have a silly question: When arriving at a US port of entry, do I need to go to a specific line for immigration clearance (i.e. immigrant or non-immigrant line)?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but the last thing I want is to wait in line only to be told at the end that I'm in the wrong line.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers

Hi all,

So I'm set to travel this Monday. I have a silly question: When arriving at a US port of entry, do I need to go to a specific line for immigration clearance (i.e. immigrant or non-immigrant line)?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question but the last thing I want is to wait in line only to be told at the end that I'm in the wrong line.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers

Depends on the airport, usually the normal non-immigrant line, some airports have a new immigrants line, just show one of the officials your envelope and they will tell you which line to go to. Only once you have a green card can you use the residents/citizens line.

Depends on the airport, usually the normal non-immigrant line, some airports have a new immigrants line, just show one of the officials your envelope and they will tell you which line to go to. Only once you have a green card can you use the residents/citizens line.
Thanks heaps Super Susie :)
I'll be entering through George Bush Airport in Houston which I assume will have the normal procedure. I'll go though the non-immigrant line as per your advise.

Thanks again :)

Dear all,
I have a question: how much money in cash can I bring to the US?
I've searched and found that there is a cash limit 10,000$ for one person (or a group - family) traveling to the US. Is it the same for the people who are immigrating to the US?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Dear all,
I have a question: how much money in cash can I bring to the US?
I've searched and found that there is a cash limit 10,000$ for one person (or a group - family) traveling to the US. Is it the same for the people who are immigrating to the US?

Thanks in advance for your answers

You can bring as much as you want, but if more than $10k is in cash / bearer instruments you must declare it. Of course if it is more than that you should anyway be doing a bank transfer, not carrying cash.

You can bring as much as you want, but if more than $10k is in cash / bearer instruments you must declare it. Of course if it is more than that you should anyway be doing a bank transfer, not carrying cash.

Thank you very much Susie. Too bad they don't have City Bank in Antalya anymore... Anyway, I'll find another way then.

Thanks again!

P.S. :) I have just found a City Bank branch in Ankara! :)

Last edited:
hello everyone,
i need a help from any one from you
i can't sign and submit my son sd-260 form, i finish everything but in the end is not loading without any error msg

Check if the selective service page is needing input.

Also - I assume you are DV2016, not DV2015.

Is dv 2016 winner can also travel by the end of the year

I'm not sure what you're asking. If it is whether visa holders need to travel by the end of the fiscal year, then no, they just have to be issued visas by then and travel before their visas expire (up to 6 months after issue, sibject to medical expiry).

I mean like if you start the process now in august ,
how long it will take for every thing till u get visa from embassy
just to have an idea