• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

You're less worried than I about the global quota being reached!

See, what confuses me is that this paragraph sounds like it should all be ok:
"Numbers are available for those applicants who have been scheduled for their initial interview at an overseas post during July, August, or September, and who are awaiting final action on adjustment of status cases during those months."

but then, it doesn't make sense to me that those available numbers may subsequently disappear if the applicant doesn't take immediate advantage of them:
"Applicants who request that a post reschedule their initially scheduled DV appointment seriously risk unavailability of a visa number, as do applicants whose visas are refused and return to post in a later month to try to overcome the refusal. "

If there are enough visa numbers for everyone, why might they run out if someone has to come back? If there is a visa number for me one week, why is it gone three weeks later?

See, what confuses me is that this paragraph sounds like it should all be ok:
"Numbers are available for those applicants who have been scheduled for their initial interview at an overseas post during July, August, or September, and who are awaiting final action on adjustment of status cases during those months."

but then, it doesn't make sense to me that those available numbers may subsequently disappear if the applicant doesn't take immediate advantage of them:
"Applicants who request that a post reschedule their initially scheduled DV appointment seriously risk unavailability of a visa number, as do applicants whose visas are refused and return to post in a later month to try to overcome the refusal. "

If there are enough visa numbers for everyone, why might they run out if someone has to come back? If there is a visa number for me one week, why is it gone three weeks later?

This is what I have been telling people. There appears to be an accounting from the embassies to KCC at the end of each month. The embassy has to report of the visas allocated how many were issued, how many refused, how many placed on AP, and so on. The refusals and APs in the month appear to be a locally held "budget". So - if they have refusals/AP during the month (mainly refusals) they can use those for clearing AP cases within the month. At the end of the month though - they hand back to KCC the unissued visas to return to the pool (held by KCC). I'm pretty sure this is how it works based on lots of circumstantial evidence.

This has several impacts.

1. AP that starts on the first week of the month and clears before the end of the month is not an issue - the visa is still held at the embassy and hopefully they haven't re-assigned it.
  2. AP that crosses a month end loses the pre-allocated visa and has to wait in a line for local re-allocation or re-allocation from the global pool. This results in odd stuff happening, depending on how busy the embassy are (with DV cases). In other words, you are at risk if you are in an embassy that sees few cases or has very few refusals.
  3. New spouses and children not expected at the interview (i.e. without pre-allocated slots) run real risks of not being allocated a visa. Again, a low DV volume embassy is worse. We saw the bizarre situation of a DV2014 family who could not get visas for the two babies although the parents were ok.

Hello,
As i have said before, my wife got DV Lottery and she appointed fro interview on 09 september 2015, we got married in november 2014 after she full fill the DS-260 form. You advise us to call or write to Embassy and we wrote on email to embassy but they did not respond us yet. what other mechanism to do because we want to go USA together.

Sometimes the embassy will take a day or two to respond. Perhaps try calling them.

The reality is, you're in a difficult situation. The DS260 should have been opened after you got married and you should have filled in your own DS260 so that KCC could run their background checks on both of you. Now you are in a situation where your wife's DS260 has been processed but the KCC does not know you exist. And they need their time to run background checks.

I have no idea what the embassy will say. But it might mean AP.

You should explain it truthfully - that you will have right to work and don't need visa sponsorship.
Many companies do background checks before hiring employees. You don't want to be flagged for false statements on a CV. I mean, to be honest chances are you won't get a job from Europe unless you're particularly niche or particularly skilled, but why take the risk of having a flag by both the employer and the company that does the background checks?

@SusieQQQ just wanted to let you know that in the end I was able to land a job in Florida while I was still in Europe. Actually I applied for several jobs from Europe and had all the interviews by phone. At the end a great company from Miami offered me a job as an IT Manager. Today I got two more offers for a job that I applied also from Europe but I rejected since I already singed the contract and am starting on Monday.

@SusieQQQ just wanted to let you know that in the end I was able to land a job in Florida while I was still in Europe. Actually I applied for several jobs from Europe and had all the interviews by phone. At the end a great company from Miami offered me a job as an IT Manager. Today I got two more offers for a job that I applied also from Europe but I rejected since I already singed the contract and am starting on Monday.

Excellent! Good luck with the adventure!

Hello
I had my interview this week in Caracas/Venezuela (SA case), the CO told me " I'm gonna approve your visa BUT I will need to call to check if there are visas available". then she gave me a paper that says " Your visa has been approved. what to do next?" and the instruction of how to pay for the green card.
It sounded like they ran out of visas and nothing is sure
I don't know what is going to happen

Last edited:
Hello
I had my interview this week in Caracas/Venezuela (SA case), the CO told me " I'm gonna approve your visa BUT I will need to call to check if there are visas available". then she gave me a paper that says " Your visa has been approved. what to do next?" and the instruction of how to pay for the green card.
It sounded like they ran out of visas and nothing is sure
I don't know what is going to happen

They kept your passport?
USCIS has issued a statement that visa numbers are available for all scheduled interviews so you should be fine.

Hello, I wrote to KCC DV on the issue you have been assisted me but the KCC DV could not respond (reply) me. so is there any way to do on it. Because the interview appointment is near on 09 september 2015. please help us to go together on interview.
thanks

Hello, I wrote to KCC DV on the issue you have been assisted me but the KCC DV could not respond (reply) me. so is there any way to do on it. Because the interview appointment is near on 09 september 2015. please help us to go together on interview.
thanks

KCC doesn't do anything again once the case has been scheduled for an interview, so I don't think they will say anything outside of what we've said regarding you contacting your embassy for further processing when they eventually respond to your email.

You were told to call your embassy, did you do that?

I did not call to embassy. We wrote them but they said write to KCC DV. See what they have said:

download

US Embassy Nairobi

Embassy of the United States of America

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 29, 2015

Thank you for your email.

Please note that we do not have you case at post yet as per the name and case number given. Please contact KCC for assistance and further information about your case.

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 4

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

Privacy/PII

They kept your passport?
USCIS has issued a statement that visa numbers are available for all scheduled interviews so you should be fine.
Thanks
Yes they kept my passport.
After the interview usually how long does it take to change the status from Ready to Issued?

I did not call to embassy. We wrote them but they said write to KCC DV. See what they have said:

download

US Embassy Nairobi

Embassy of the United States of America

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 29, 2015

Thank you for your email.

Please note that we do not have you case at post yet as per the name and case number given. Please contact KCC for assistance and further information about your case.

Sincerely,

Customer Representative 4

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

Privacy/PII

Sounds like you are in that limbo between KCC and the embassy - this happened to us just after ours had been scheduled too (KCC said they no longer had our file and the embassy said they didn't have it yet), try the embassy again in a few days is my suggestion...

Dear Members,

To be honest, i didnt know about this beneficial forum to ask inquiries as am a selectee of DV2015.
If you could kindly answer my inquiries.
1- I've read through the post about CN's, as am Sudanese but i was born in UAE and currently in Malaysia, how can I know what number is placed for the continent?
2- How can I know in which month my interview is scheduled ?
3- I am an undergraduate student in Malaysia, I will be graduating in 2017, so after getting the GREEN CARD, Can I go to US every 6 month and stay for 1 month until I graduate ?

Thank you ,