• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

I agree with you. Thanks for the wishes.

I know it is not something solid you can depend on in next cases. I was very worried and anxious till I received the passport in my hand and got the visa issued on it although I know 3 different cases had exactly the same issue and got the visa in Cairo .

And now that Sudanese are interviewing in Khartoum again that avenue is finished...

I have inquiry about the validity of visa I have the medical on 4-5 and interview was 31-5 AND the printed ON VISA expires on 4-11 i listen that the validity on the visa is written 6 months from the interview not from the medical?

I have inquiry about the validity of visa I have the medical on 4-5 and interview was 31-5 AND the printed ON VISA expires on 4-11 i listen that the validity on the visa is written 6 months from the interview not from the medical?
Yes, the visa expiration date printed on your DV IV is indeed correct...

Visa validity is maximum 6 months from interview, and will be shorter if the medicals expire earlier.

@SussieQQQ I have paid the green card fees on the USCIS and the case is optimized that means they accept the payment right? when it turn to closed after receiving GC? also the confirmation I received in my email do I need to have it with me at POE? and appreciate your continuous help

@SussieQQQ I have paid the green card fees on the USCIS and the case is optimized that means they accept the payment right? when it turn to closed after receiving GC? also the confirmation I received in my email do I need to have it with me at POE? and appreciate your continuous help

You don't need to bring confirmation to POE. Yes payment is accepted, and when you enter it will trigger the process to start production. Currently it seems to take about a month after entry to get the green card (if the USCIS fee has been paid which yours has of course).

You don't need to bring confirmation to POE. Yes payment is accepted, and when you enter it will trigger the process to start production. Currently it seems to take about a month after entry to get the green card (if the USCIS fee has been paid which yours has of course).
Thanks so much

I don't think one interview result will be conclusive. The question will remain, did the CO understand and apply the rules correctly, and will another CO always reach the same decision based on the scenario.
Hi,
I have talked to KCC twice, and every single time, it was confirmed that I can use the crosschargebility (using my wife birth place) as long as sated in my DS-260, and by default, it should be OK, even I born in Saudi and I got AFxxx, so by the law is correct and can not be denied, if the CO asked, I need to tell him/her that. Thanks

Hi,
I have talked to KCC twice, and every single time, it was confirmed that I can use the crosschargebility (using my wife birth place) as long as sated in my DS-260, and by default, it should be OK, even I born in Saudi and I got AFxxx, so by the law is correct and can not be denied, if the CO asked, I need to tell him/her that. Thanks

Well don't "tell him/her that", they have to discretion to refuse you, so politely state your case.

If I were you I would print out the cross charging rules - http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87525.pdf

The bit that I believe you are trying to leverage is this:-
(c) Exception for spouse. If necessary to prevent the separation of husband and wife, an immigrant spouse, including a spouse born in a dependent area, may be charged to a foreign state to which a spouse is chargeable if accompanying or following to join the spouse, in accordance with INA 202(b)(2).

Incidentally, I am very surprised to hear KCC confirmed your understanding - they very rarely confirm anything about the workings of the process - that isn't their job and they usually point out the CO has the final word.

Hi,
:)... so KCC told you "so by the law is correct and can not be denied, if the CO asked, I need to tell him/her that" or something to the same effect? No way Jose!

Well don't "tell him/her that", they have to discretion to refuse you, so politely state your case.

If I were you I would print out the cross charging rules - http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87525.pdf

The bit that I believe you are trying to leverage is this:-
(c) Exception for spouse. If necessary to prevent the separation of husband and wife, an immigrant spouse, including a spouse born in a dependent area, may be charged to a foreign state to which a spouse is chargeable if accompanying or following to join the spouse, in accordance with INA 202(b)(2).

Incidentally, I am very surprised to hear KCC confirmed your understanding - they very rarely confirm anything about the workings of the process - that isn't their job and they usually point out the CO has the final word.
Well, this is what happened with 2 persons from the KCC (called 2 times), "you can use your spouse for crosschargibility as long as you prove it, and since my wife from Egypt and I born in Saudi and filed the DS-260 with all the info on regard both of us, this should be ok and can not be denied and it is not a mistake or use benefit, I can use both countries, if the CO asked which may not since my wife &son are on the application, you can say is I did it due to my wife that from Egypt" it was simple as that, again, this happened when I called twice, and I was keep asking them all the time about my current situation that can be denied, they keep say no, and CO should not has any issue with this situation. Note: I m saying the truth in order to get a correct feedback and advice. Thank you!!!

Well, this is what happened with 2 persons from the KCC (called 2 times), "you can use your spouse for crosschargibility as long as you prove it, and since my wife from Egypt and I born in Saudi and filed the DS-260 with all the info on regard both of us, this should be ok and can not be denied and it is not a mistake or use benefit, I can use both countries, if the CO asked which may not since my wife &son are on the application, you can say is I did it due to my wife that from Egypt" it was simple as that, again, this happened when I called twice, and I was keep asking them all the time about my current situation that can be denied, they keep say no, and CO should not has any issue with this situation. Note: I m saying the truth in order to get a correct feedback and advice. Thank you!!!

I have a feeling you put the words in their mouth and obtained the response you were seeking. I have spoken to the KCC staff many times - and I don't think I have ever spoken to one that understands the rules of cross chargeability and I have never known them to say anything like "the CO should not have any issue" - in fact on many occasions they have stressed that the CO has the decision.

You don't need any further feedback from us. You have your game plan, including printing out the section of the 9 FAM that covers the cross charging rules, and now the CO will decide.

Agree. KCC is an admin, not a decision-making, operation - they don't have any reason to know about things like chargeability because it's not their business to know.

I am DV2016
Can we share experiences for required documents for embassy interview in Egypt.
Especially for proving ownership of a property
I own an apartment in a compound, the amount in contract is X and market value is 2X How can I prove that with acceptable manner at the embassy
There are installments so I can not authenticate the contract at Real Estate
The contract amount - total Unsettled installment = more than 120000 $ and we are a family "4 person"
Is that safe to prove that I will not become a public charge?

I am DV2016
Can we share experiences for required documents for embassy interview in Egypt.
Especially for proving ownership of a property
I own an apartment in a compound, the amount in contract is X and market value is 2X How can I prove that with acceptable manner at the embassy
There are installments so I can not authenticate the contract at Real Estate
The contract amount - total Unsettled installment = more than 120000 $ and we are a family "4 person"
Is that safe to prove that I will not become a public charge?

You can see my interview expeirence before, any financial or property doc are not mandatory to provide, its supported doc, no need to authenticate them. just prepare it along with bank statemnets incase the officer ask, but usually if he trust the family, obviously he can judge from your job or previous history what is your financial status.

@Britsimon @SusieQQQ Do you know website to rent furnished apartment /short term lease in NYC ?
do you recommend airbnb.com?

How short term? I'd probably go for Craigslist rather (though read up on how to be aware of scams) but if it's really short like a week or 2 then airbnb may be better. There are a number of websites that deal with apartment rentals. Bear in mind subletting is not allowed in many nyc apartments - but still happens.