want to apply for b1/b2 visa but sibling has applied for me

islammanjurul

Registered Users (C)
hello,

I want to apply for USA tourist visa (5 years multiple entry).
But my brother who is an US citizen and passport holder, has applied for me on 2013. Now people are saying and also found on US Embassy document that it is hard to get visa if sibling has already filed for me.

I am in Bangladesh. And if I wait for my interview schedule, It will take around 8 to 9 years from now. So is there is any option to get tourist visa? Any sponsorship helps?

Tourist visas to the US requires documentation showing strong ties to your home country. Be truthful about your pending Petition where asked. Chances are slim, but you wont find out until you try and spend the $160.

Your wait time tor an immigrant visa is approx 10 more years. Imo, while thee are no guarantees, you should be ok. Just dont lie anywhere on the forms or to the officer if asked. If it comes up, you could say the wait time for your petition to be processed is 10+ years while your immediate trip is temporary

Actually I want to attend some IT and Computing conferences, it will take around 2-4 months stay if I want to attend some selected conferences. Once they are done, I will come back to Bangladesh. I have job, but problem is, it is online based freelance job, so there is no farm who can provide my payslip statement or I cannot show any valid document that I am working in my country, and no matter what, I must come back.

Hello again, I got an invitation to attend consumer electronics show (CES) 2016 to be held on January 6 to 9, 2016.

As I have previously mentioned, my brother has already filed for me, so if I apply for nonimmigrant visa now to attend CES, what are chance to get a visa?

Thanks.

Hi, i will be applying for the B1 visa, need to know one very important information, my passport is a handwritten passport from Bangladesh. I don't have the machine readable passport. Heard most countries will stop accepting handwritten passport from 24th October this year. So if all of my documents are okay and also if the interview goes really well, can the consular officer deny me a visa only for the handwritten passport? Or more clearly, can I apply for the visa interview with this handwritten passport? It is valid till end of 2017.