• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners Meet Here

In the DS 260 form, under "Number of Educational Institutions Attended", how do I fill in the "Date of Attendance to" for an ongoing study course that will end much later, a year later for instance?

Shouldn't that should go in the Present Work/Education/Training Information category? I'm still a full time student so that's what I put down as my primary occupation, but I'm sure I remember there being the option to put down multiple current occupations so if you are both a student and a worker you should be able to put them both down.

Last edited:
Thank for all the knowledge I learn from all of you @Sensei-san @Sm1smom @Britsimon @SusieQQQ !!
Today I have help my online friend to find her case number DV2016. by trying with her birthday and using the knowledge of learning from here , we can find the Case Number for DV2016. But one thing I am headache because we don have email of agent that register for her DV so if the second letter sent email, I will never know when the date is and no way to print the confirmation code . what should I do to help them ? thank everyone.
Her relative is agent , it's so bad that her relative is so mean to her and ask her for 6000$ if they pass interview and get visa .Her case number is 7100.
No Humanity for her relative !!

Thank for all the knowledge I learn from all of you @Sensei-san @Sm1smom @Britsimon @SusieQQQ !!
Today I have help my online friend to find her case number DV2016. by trying with her birthday and using the knowledge of learning from here , we can find the Case Number for DV2016. But one thing I am headache because we don have email of agent that register for her DV so if the second letter sent email, I will never know when the date is and no way to print the confirmation code . what should I do to help them ? thank everyone.
Her relative is agent , it's so bad that her relative is so mean to her and ask her for 6000$ if they pass interview and get visa .Her case number is 7100.

She doesn't need the email itself. The 2NL email simply says to go and check the ESC site where the selectee will then see the appointment letter and be able to print it. There is no information you need in the email. So - once she is current, she will wait until 2NLs are being sent out and she will just check the ESC site.

She doesn't need the email itself. The 2NL email simply says to go and check the ESC site where the selectee will then see the appointment letter and be able to print it. There is no information you need in the email. So - once she is current, she will wait until 2NLs are being sent out and she will just check the ESC site.
Hi Brit !!! because we don have the case number for entrance check, that's why i try to help her by trying to search in the DS-260 form login page one by one with her birthday , and one the case number is wrong , we change to another one . we try almost 7000 times to find her case number and it takes us 3 day to finally find it .We have no way to print the 2Nl email because we don have Entrance Checking Number...
Thnak you @Britsimon .what should I do to help her ?

Hi Brit !!! because we don have the case number for entrance check, that's why i try to help her by trying to search in the DS-260 form login page one by one with her birthday , and one the case number is wrong , we change to another one . we try almost 7000 times to find her case number and it takes us 3 day to finally find it .We have no way to print the 2Nl email because we don have Entrance Checking Number...

OK, so let's get this straight.

You don't have ACCESS to the email of the agent - but do you know the email address he used?

So you don't know the email the agent used to register. And you need the email or registration confirmation number to access your selectee letter. Did you try the email the agent inputted in the DS260? (if he already filled it out)

As your friend gets current, he can call KCC and ask for the date. However, 2NL should be needed to get the medicals and police certificate, it may also be neened to be allowed into the embassy on the day of the interview.
I've heard that in some other country, a person in a similar situation worked something out with the embassy.
I would call KCC and the embassy to see what they say.

Last edited:
So you don't know the email the agent used to register. And you need the email or registration confirmation number to access your selectee letter. Did you try the email the agent inputted in the DS260? (if he already filled it out)

As your friend gets current, he can call KCC and ask for the date. However, 2NL should be needed to get the medicals and police certificate, it may also be neened to be allowed into the embassy on the day of the interview.
I've heard that in some other country, a person in a similar situation worked something out with the embassy.
I would call KCC and the embassy to see what they say.
I help her to check the form and they are not yet filling the form in DS-260 and I am waiting for information on the email they will put in the DS-260 form too. in fact , her relative is not agent. Her relative fill the eDV Entry Form for her and when her relative found out she won the DV2016, Her relative wants the money from her and said the relatives have DV Company . in my idea, it's just excuse of her relative to get advantages of her and need money from her.

Sounds like there are people of my kind in Cambodia too, charging relatives like that.
The relatives part is cazy, yes. But when people register through agents they take on some constructive obligations, in my mind. It is easy to ask an agent to proceed with the registration, cause it's free, as it is tempting to avoid paying them.
But yes, I would probably be reluctant to pay 6000 too.

I help her to check the form and they are not yet filling the form in DS-260 and I am waiting for information on the email they will put in the DS-260 form too. in fact , her relative is not agent. Her relative fill the eDV Entry Form for her and when her relative found out she won the DV2016, Her relative wants the money from her and said the relatives have DV Company . in my idea, it's just excuse of her relative to get advantages of her and need money from her.
I would also try to work though other relatives that are close to the relative to figure out a sensible solution, if KCC and embassy option doen't work.

But I hear what you're saying of the relative becoming an agent all of a sudden.

I would also try to work though other relatives that are close to the relative to figure out a sensible solution, if KCC and embassy option doen't work.

But I hear what you're saying of the relative becoming an agent all of a sudden.
Yes San !!! It's shit to treat relative like that way !! feel pity for her but she is happy that I can help her to find her case number.Only one more thing left that we cannot find the email during eDV registration . so we will not be able to obtain 2NL letter and she has to give money to her relative as the last choice because embassy need 2NL letter to show during interview .

Yes San !!! It's shit to treat relative like that way !! feel pity for her but she is happy that I can help her to find her case number.Only one more thing left that we cannot find the email during eDV registration . so we will not be able to obtain 2NL letter and she has to give money to her relative as the last choice because embassy need 2NL letter to show during interview .

I really think she should contact the embassy, explain the situation, and see if there is a way she can attend the interview - some embassies are sympathetic to people being blackmailed like this (because this is blackmail, in fact she should actually report her relative ....)

I'd written a long message and then @SusieQQQ wrote in half the time. Too bl**dy efficient she is. Yes, I'd contact the embassy and let them know what is happening and that she is making best efforts - beyond giving into blackmail - to obtain the 2NL.

And I'd let the relative know that the embassy is aware of what is going on. It might just scare the relative into behaving (even without any real consequences).

Oh, and I'd make sure the relative is not invited to anymore family gatherings and, if they are invited, charge them $6000 entry fee.

I really think she should contact the embassy, explain the situation, and see if there is a way she can attend the interview - some embassies are sympathetic to people being blackmailed like this (because this is blackmail, in fact she should actually report her relative ....)
Thank You @SusieQQQ @EmilyW @Britsimon @Sensei-san @Sm1smom For all the good idea !! if she reports to the embassy , will the embassy respond ? because lot of winners go to ask information from Embassy in my country about DV, Embassy said they didn't have information about DV, they recommend people to check and follow through the DV website. it's common reply from US embassy in my country and they don provide information at all.
since her relative have her case number and email registration, they can decide to cancel the DS-260 Form or unlock the form anytime and change information . it's big problem for her. I think maybe she doesnt have choice but to give the money 6000$ to her relative after her visa is issued. Her relative require her to give 6000$ if she can pass interview and got visa issued and if not pass interview, relative will not take the money.

Thank You @SusieQQQ @EmilyW @Britsimon @Sensei-san @Sm1smom For all the good idea !! if she reports to the embassy , will the embassy respond ? because lot of winners go to ask information from Embassy in my country about DV, Embassy said they didn't have information about DV, they recommend people to check and follow through the DV website. it's common reply from US embassy in my country and they don provide information at all.
since her relative have her case number and email registration, they can decide to cancel the DS-260 Form or unlock the form anytime and change information . it's big problem for her. I think maybe she doesnt have choice but to give the money 6000$ to her relative after her visa is issued. Her relative require her to give 6000$ if she can pass interview and got visa issued and if not pass interview, relative will not take the money.

So she only owes the $6000 if she gets the visa?
But then she will presumably get told when the interview is?
Then... How can they force her to pay after that?

I think she has her contract with her relative or promise to her relative for the money after she gets the visa and i think her relative will notify her when the 2NL coming to her . Since she is the winner , she is so afraid of everything because she never know how to process DS-260 form and don know anything.. I provide all the information I have learnt from this forum and from @Britsimon forum to make her understand a lot . she said she were lucky to know me and I said I was so lucky to know the forum and good people in the forum too. :)

Knowing when the interview is easy, they just call KCC. However not having 2NL for medicals and police certificates, as well as for embassy entrance on the day of the interview could be a problem.

But yes, it is a good point that if she is only asked to pay after the interview, that means she will get the 2NL from the relative agent. And if she gets the visa the visa, she may decide to pay or not to pay. (unless there is a contract or collateral involved)

Yes, this could be the 'out'.

She can say 'Yes, I will pay you'. Then, once it's issued, tell the relative to go suck a lemon. And report them to police for blackmail.