• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CHANGE OF NAME

Momodu91

At the time of playing the DV lottery I mistakenly use my middle name as my first name. Now I have been selected and I want to change it because all my original documents carries my first name followed by middle name. My surname is okay.

Unfortunately, there's no way to change the name as listed on your eDV registration/subsequent selection notification.

Quick question: was the mistake such that you replaced your first name with the middle and middle name with first name (which means you have both names listed on your 1NL) or you simply used your middle name as your first name and completely omitted your first name (hence your actual first name isn't listed on the 1NL)?

Ok, hopefully it won't be a problem. Some embassies, notably Accra, are very strict about it.

This is how I was addressed in the selection notification
Sam (middle name) Mom (first name) Jal (surname) is this the format that is used to address selectees? if not, then it was a switch.