Can I file AR-11 now?

Christy572

When I originally received my Green Card, I lived at home with my family in NY. About a year ago, I moved away for work, and didn't even know about AR-11 form. I filed it a few months back for the new address where I was working.

Since filing AR-11, I have left that address and will be moving back home with my family in NY, as I have a new job back there. With that said, I am not back at my families place YET. I am currently in another state with some relatives since June 23rd, and will be here for another week or so.

Can I file AR-11 now for my families place in NY, even though I am not physically there yet?

I think a lot of people don't even know about AR-11 form. Its purpose is to keep the USCIS update about where you are currently if they need to find you for any reason.

To your question I guess you can just file it whenever your actual residence has changed. Despite you not being there physically, you can do it now so that you don't forget later.

If your de-facto address is now your parents', and you are just visiting relatives, you can go ahead and file the AR-11.

If your de-facto address is now your parents', and you are just visiting relatives, you can go ahead and file the AR-11.

Thank you. Basically, I moved out of my place a few weeks ago, and have been staying with my relatives since. I have not physically moved back to my parents place, but that is where I will be living once I am back for my new job. So I'd say my current stay with my relatives is a transitionary period.

Well if you have no applications pending with CIS they're unlikely in need of contacting you, so go ahead and change to your parents' address.