• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hi All. So I am just getting everything ready for my interview on the 14th.

I received the official checklist today via email from the consulate. I seem to have everything I need completed. I am just confused about this:

"Before your interview

Register and create a profile via
USTravelDocs.

Each applicant must create a profile via the mentioned website. All correspondence will be emailed via an applicant’s profile"

I am not sure what to do? Do I have to create a profile on this site? Its confusing because when I login it doesn't seem to have Diversity VISA as an option, and my interview is already scheduled so I am confused?

Also because my passport was due to expire soon I had to get a new one last week so I now have a new passport number ......does this matter?

Thanks

I am also interviewing on the 14th of July and have found the USTravelDocs site very confusing. I contacted the site and told them I was unable to register as a DV lottery winner as the only immigrant option was the K visa. They came back to me as follows "You are only required to create a profile so we can correspond with you if necessary." So I guess it doesn't matter what you register as - just so long as you register.

I am also interviewing on the 14th of July and have found the USTravelDocs site very confusing. I contacted the site and told them I was unable to register as a DV lottery winner as the only immigrant option was the K visa. They came back to me as follows "You are only required to create a profile so we can correspond with you if necessary." So I guess it doesn't matter what you register as - just so long as you register.
Ok great. Thanks for the info! Glad im not the only one who found it confusing! Good luck for your interview

Hey people, I feel bad, I've been lurking in the background reading all the information on here for months, but haven't signed up to contribute until today! My interview is on 14 July (11 sleeps!) at the Sydney Consulate. I got the email yesterday with the document checklist. The only document I don't have is my medical report - I did it a few weeks ago and the clinic (Medibank Health Solutions) emailed me advising they've sent the report directly to the Consulate. Is this normal? Am I meant to call the Consulate to ensure receipt? Now that the interview is in sight the nerves are setting in and I'm thinking up every worst case scenario (that's just how I roll lol), so just want to make sure I don't leave this stone unturned. Just want to get approved and start my new life over there. :)

Hey people, I feel bad, I've been lurking in the background reading all the information on here for months, but haven't signed up to contribute until today! My interview is on 14 July (11 sleeps!) at the Sydney Consulate. I got the email yesterday with the document checklist. The only document I don't have is my medical report - I did it a few weeks ago and the clinic (Medibank Health Solutions) emailed me advising they've sent the report directly to the Consulate. Is this normal? Am I meant to call the Consulate to ensure receipt? Now that the interview is in sight the nerves are setting in and I'm thinking up every worst case scenario (that's just how I roll lol), so just want to make sure I don't leave this stone unturned. Just want to get approved and start my new life over there. :)
My interview is on the 14th too! I got my medical done at Medibank in Melbourne and it was completed in 2 days and they called me to collect in person, just picked it up today! I think it is normal to gave it sent to consulate though. Each place is different. I assume you didnt get yours done in Melbourne? Good luck

My interview is on the 14th too! I got my medical done at Medibank in Melbourne and it was completed in 2 days and they called me to collect in person, just picked it up today! I think it is normal to gave it sent to consulate though. Each place is different. I assume you didnt get yours done in Melbourne? Good luck
Thanks Lisa D! I might call the Consulate on Monday to be sure. I did the medical here in Sydney - the doctor said they'd call if they found any condition that needs following up, or send straight to the Consulate if all was well, but I freaked out when I saw yesterday's email telling me to bring the medical report. How exciting, I might see you at the Consulate on the 14th!!

Thanks Lisa D! I might call the Consulate on Monday to be sure. I did the medical here in Sydney - the doctor said they'd call if they found any condition that needs following up, or send straight to the Consulate if all was well, but I freaked out when I saw yesterday's email telling me to bring the medical report. How exciting, I might see you at the Consulate on the 14th!!
Im sure it will be fine. Good luck. Might see you there

Hi lovely DV2015 Family!

Hope you're all good.. Well.. My car has been sold.. Did a garage sale last week which was quiet successful.. Now planning to fly out on the 7th of September.. So much projects to finish and hand things over at work.. Praise GOD for work benefits I just pay tax for air fare.. Oh God is Good!

Love you all! Let me know if someone needs help with anything

Coming to the end of it now, its looked worse and worse every month, number is 18xx. I haven't completed my paper work because i was originally told that it would show u.s immigration my intent to immigrate and may give me a little trouble of returning back there in the future. Just double checking theres no reason i should complete it right? theres no wild card draw for remaining spots or a final shove of green cards? sucks to be finally drawn and given such a high case number.

Hello everyone - hope you all had a great 4th July bash. I was so full - could hardly breathe! Lol.

Regarding the USCIS payment lifecycle - we created an account online and paid (with receipt acknowledgement noted ok with email), several days ago but no movement since - is it human intervened now, or is it an automatic process that simply takes a while. Wife uploaded her passport scan as ID and confirmed the US address etc also. Thank you oh wise ones and sages in anticipation of the answer.

Coming to the end of it now, its looked worse and worse every month, number is 18xx. I haven't completed my paper work because i was originally told that it would show u.s immigration my intent to immigrate and may give me a little trouble of returning back there in the future. Just double checking theres no reason i should complete it right? theres no wild card draw for remaining spots or a final shove of green cards? sucks to be finally drawn and given such a high case number.

Yeah, as Emily says, you made the right call. There is no wildcard or anything like that and the VB will stop WAY before your number. On the upside, as an Oc'er - you have a very high chance of being selected again - so get ready for October. In DV2016 they have returned to lower selectee counts (outside of AS and AF at least), so you can take comfort in knowing that if you win again you will most likely not go through the high number thing again.

Yeah, as Emily says, you made the right call. There is no wildcard or anything like that and the VB will stop WAY before your number. On the upside, as an Oc'er - you have a very high chance of being selected again - so get ready for October. In DV2016 they have returned to lower selectee counts (outside of AS and AF at least), so you can take comfort in knowing that if you win again you will most likely not go through the high number thing again.

Nice in theory. I've been entering on and off for many years, and only got selected for DV-2014 (high CN). Didn't get reselected in either 2015 or 2016.

But still, you have to be in it to win it as they say.

Nice in theory. I've been entering on and off for many years, and only got selected for DV-2014 (high CN). Didn't get reselected in either 2015 or 2016.

But still, you have to be in it to win it as they say.

It's all relative. In some AF countries they are looking at 1 in 200 or 300. You had something like a 1 in 20 chance of being selected in DV2014 and DV2015 - and better than 1 in 50 of getting selected and getting a low enough case number. If you are a married couple you have almost double that chance. That is one heck of a difference!

It's all relative. In some AF countries they are looking at 1 in 200 or 300. You had something like a 1 in 20 chance of being selected in DV2014 and DV2015 - and better than 1 in 50 of getting selected and getting a low enough case number. If you are a married couple you have almost double that chance. That is one heck of a difference!

True. Plus Australia have the almost-give-away E3 visa option as well.

I guess we are the lucky country in these regards.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but when creating a profile on the US Travel Docs site, it asks for a priority date? Is this the date I submitted the DS-260 form online?

You don't need a very good VB. 75 is the likely increase - you may be the last OC-er through the door.

However there's still a chance they'll have a zero rise like last year, so you'll need to wait nervously like the rest of us.

I thought I would visit here to see how you are all going....Guestgulkan, I really hope your number will come up, fingers crossed for you.

Our POE on 8 June was Honolulu and it was a very smooth process, we were the only ones so we were processed quickly. A very relaxing POE! 11 nights holiday on the Big Island then a short trip to LA before flying to Dallas. We've been here two weeks and but have decided to move to Colorado at the end of the month. It's just too hot and humid here. We bought a car on Craigslist which was a bargain and tried not to buy too much else so we can fit it our car for moving.

All the best everyone for the remainder of OC2015!