• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

I made a mistake and mailed the original of my DV fee receipt to the Lockbox together with my AOS package. My understanding is that I need that receipt for the Interview. What can I do at this point?

Hi Mom,

I made a mistake and mailed the original of my DV fee receipt to the Lockbox together with my AOS package. My understanding is that I need that receipt for the Interview. What can I do at this point?
If you have used a courier service and if it has not delivered yet you can recall the package

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

Mine became current in April which is when I filed (2015EU25xxx). Received at lockbox on the 20th (I-131. I-765) and 28th (I-485) of April. They were received at different dates even though they were all sent together which I assume is because they get processed at different units. I haven't yet received an AP card and I haven't heard anything so far which makes me worried.

My field office is Los Angeles, CA. I've got 3 CNs for each of the AOS documents.

No you don't have 3 CNs, you have just one CN and 3 NOAs for the 3 forms you submitted.

The processing time for an AP or EAD card is typically about 3 months, roughly the same amount of time it takes for a DV based GC approval under normal circumstances, that's why you haven't received the card yet. The AP/EAD therefore hasn't quite been of use to most DV based AOS petitioners.

The LA FO, unfortunately, is one of those taking a bit longer to schedule interview, so it might still be a while before you receive your IL. However, it wouldn't hurt to follow up on your case by scheduling an INFOPASS appointment, that may hopefully nudge things along a bit.

Hi Mom,

Do you have a copy of the receipt? They don't always ask to see the receipt at the time of the interview once a copy has been included with the I-485 package. It's just that it's always a good idea to always have copies or the originals of the documents sent out. USCIS occasionally misplace the documents. However, in this case if you don't have a copy of the receipt, there's really nothing you can do about it except keep your fingers crossed and hope it's not misplaced from your package.

Do you have a copy of the receipt? They don't always ask to see the receipt at the time of the interview once a copy has been included with the I-485 package. It's just that it's always a good idea to always have copies or the originals of the documents sent out. USCIS occasionally misplace the documents. However, in this case if you don't have a copy of the receipt, there's really nothing you can do about it except keep your fingers crossed and hope it's not misplaced from your package.
I don't have a copy of the Receipt. I just hope it is not misplaced.
Thank You so much!!!

They didn't ask for anything from me at my interview. They had a file with all the documents I had sent them. Though I'm still waiting for the GC.

(does anyone get it on site?)

I'm increasingly getting the feeling that hoping to get a GC on site is a bit like hoping to lose 20 lbs in a week on the Atkins diet. I suppose some people have done it, but to be honest, it's probably not gonna happen, so there's no point in making yourself miserable over it :)

Hi Mom.
By two current passport Photos, you meant that we cannot put another photos and it should be the photos that is in our passport?

Hi Mom.
By two current passport Photos, you meant that we cannot put another photos and it should be the photos that is in our passport?
No, it means passport size 2/2 photos recent ones. Just go to walgreens or cvs or any other place and say you need passport photos

Hello guys,
1) I am just curious, is there any good certified lawyers/attorney available online, where you can ask your question through chat/email?

2) By any chance, has any F1 Student re-newed his/her I-20 from School - while he/she has pending case with USCIS for Adjustment of Status?

The reason I am asking, recently I have graduated from school and I have 60 day grace period. Before this 60 day grace period ends, I have to inform the school about my plans: such as pursuing a different degree, applying for OPT, or change of status.
If re-newing the I-20 is ok - it just allows me to fall back to my previous (F1) status - in case Adjustment of Status gets denied.

Last edited:
The processing is really out of KCC's hands, I don't think there's anything they can do to ensure you and your wife get interviewed and approved before the end of the FY. I think for now, you should focus on completing the process on your side for now. The worst that can happen will be you end up sponsoring your wife under the F2A category if she doesn't get interviewed before the end f the FY. Of course it's a bit more expensive and takes longer to complete, but it's still not too bad.
Okay I understand. I'll just send my I485 first and submit my wife I824 at the interview (I hope they take it there). Thanks for your good advice.