• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

CEAC data update

Hey guys, just wanted to share an update from KCC, they said in a mail to another current participant that the 2NL's are going out in a week to 10 days from yesterday.
My status is ready too btw :)

I have seen that response. It is a generic response - so I expect 2NLs faster than what they are saying.

Hey guys, just wanted to share an update from KCC, they said in a mail to another current participant that the 2NL's are going out in a week to 10 days from yesterday.
My status is ready too btw :)
they say same to everyone..no matter when you received email..it is a standard response...but hopefully 2NL comes soon

Hi, I have a question about my CEAC status. I got married after I won the lottery and added my spouse to my case number afterwards (that was a year ago); however, when I check the status of my number on the CEAC website, there's only one entry listed--mine. Is that normal?

Hi, I have a question about my CEAC status. I got married after I won the lottery and added my spouse to my case number afterwards (that was a year ago); however, when I check the status of my number on the CEAC website, there's only one entry listed--mine. Is that normal?

What is the status? Ready or in transit?

What is the status? Ready or in transit?

So - it might mean the embassy are not expecting your spouse. Sometimes the ready update reflects the correct number of selectees. In this case you should contact the embassy to make sure they expect a second person. Do that soon so they can get the correct allocation of visas..

1. Hello guys I completed ds260 in May last year but I unlocked it in March 2015 to edit my passport number as I had lost the one in my initial application ,my cn is af522**.if I’m to become current in the next vb do you think I will get a chance to be interviewed or I unlocked my ds260 form to late.

So - it might mean the embassy are not expecting your spouse. Sometimes the ready update reflects the correct number of selectees. In this case you should contact the embassy to make sure they expect a second person. Do that soon so they can get the correct allocation of visas..

Thank you for your answer, I'll take care of that right now. Both of our DS260 application confirmation pages now have the message "Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application form (Form DS-260) has been automatically forwarded to your interview location," which used to be "
Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for review," so hopefully everything's in order.

1. Hello guys I completed ds260 in May last year but I unlocked it in March 2015 to edit my passport number as I had lost the one in my initial application ,my cn is af522**.if I’m to become current in the next vb do you think I will get a chance to be interviewed or I unlocked my ds260 form to late.

I doubt unlocking your form will have any effect assuming you remembered to resubmit it.

Thank you for your answer, I'll take care of that right now. Both of our DS260 application confirmation pages now have the message "Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application form (Form DS-260) has been automatically forwarded to your interview location," which used to be "
Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for review," so hopefully everything's in order.

Ok. The important thing is not so much the CEAC status as the 2NL, which should have her name as well on it.

Ok. The important thing is not so much the CEAC status as the 2NL, which should have her name as well on it.

The 2NL also doesn't. But I feel like I had read that people who add their spouse after winning do not see the spouse's name on the 2NL since it's based on the info entered on the original entry (when you apply). I just don't see how they could have missed her since we added her application in December 2014 after getting married.

The 2NL also doesn't. But I feel like I had read that people who add their spouse after winning do not see the spouse's name on the 2NL since it's based on the info entered on the original entry (when you apply). I just don't see how they could have missed her since we added her application in December 2014 after getting married.

Why on earth are you even worrying about CEAC (which quite frankly is irrelevant other than background info) when you have the 2NL? You'd better contact the embassy and see what they have down. Some embassies/consulates won't allow derivatives in if they are not named on the 2NL. She may not even be able to get a medical if she's not named on it, depending how your panel doctor works.

By the way your "feeling" is wrong. She should be on the 2NL.

Why on earth are you even worrying about CEAC (which quite frankly is irrelevant other than background info) when you have the 2NL? You'd better contact the embassy and see what they have down. Some embassies/consulates won't allow derivatives in if they are not named on the 2NL. She may not even be able to get a medical if she's not named on it, depending how your panel doctor works.

By the way your "feeling" is wrong. She should be on the 2NL.

As I've said above, I had already put in my mind her name would NOT be on the 2NL based on things I thought I had read--namely that all information on it would be based on the original entry. Now, with that in mind, it makes sense my only source of concern would be the CEAC status--which I knew nothing about--and that is why my original question was focused on that. Per Britsimon's advice, I have already contacted my consulate to get some clarification on the issue, so I will now wait for their answer and see how to proceed to get this fixed.