Received NOID....................what are the chances of rebuttal?

Please I need some help

Hello all,

It has been a long time and I hope everyone is doing good. If you see my timeline, I applied for asylum since May 2012 and no decision yet. However, this last November, I decided to write to USCIS. I wrote to Chicago asylum office and Nebraska service center. However, the chicago asylum office told me my asylum application was still pending and that I have to wait. On the other hand, today I had a letter from Nebraska that my application was denied as ineligible as of the 10th of October 2012. On that letter also, I saw "Action completed Approved filing" red stamp on the lower end corner. More to the story is that, I was able to renew my EAD this November 2013 before the other expires by end December. So technically, I have 2 EAD cards. One expired yesterday and the other expires end of next year.

So my question are :
1. Is my asylum actually denied or is that both office do not communicate. The office which takes care of my case is the Chicago office. While the one taking care of EAD cards is the Nebraska office.
2. What does the stamp with the word "Action completed approved for filling" mean.
3.Am really confused now because if my application was disapproved as of October 2012, how on earth was I able to get the first EAD card and then the next EAD card. Please I need help. I don't know if those two offices even communicate.
4. If I was denied, I was supposed to have received a NOID. However, if I was denied I was supposed to have received that letter.

Please help

NOID time length

I submitted rebuttal on 23rd december. The last date to rebut was 25th (16th day). How long does it take for decision to come out in general?

pepsico, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Did they tell you why they denied your case.
what your next step. please keep us updated.

@pepsico, it doesnt sound right at all.
I am prety confident that your case is pending.
Nebraska must have some error on their end and you have the evidence from Chicago anyway saying that your case is pending.
You can use that later when you appeal.

Also, it looks like "Action Completed.Approved for Filing" has something to do with EAD. Lot of people talked about that, you can google that.

Last edited by a moderator:
final denial....i want to go for IJ please help me. i am out of status but will be notified after jan since this is semester break. Please help me to how to proceed?

final denial....i want to go for IJ please help me. i am out of status but will be notified after jan since this is semester break. Please help me to how to proceed?

I'm so sorry to hear about your case. Do you have an attorney help you through this? Best luck!

@herdaibasyo
I submitted a rebuttal on 26th November and still haven't heard from them yet, its 2 and half months. No final denial/no approval.
I dont know how long should i wait

Hey asylum seeker,
I have been following all ur post. I know the waiting time is exhausting. I am on the same net with u. I have a pending asyl
pepsico, I'm so sorry to hear that.
Did they tell you why they denied your case.
what your next step. please keep us updated.

I mean I have pending asylum case and is from June and I did my interview in July and still nothing. I was wondering if u did hear from the office officer after ur second fingerprint ? Also when u were receiving ur second

I mean I have pending asylum case and is from June and I did my interview in July and still nothing. I was wondering if u did hear from the office officer after ur second fingerprint ? Also when u were receiving ur second
Nothing new still waiting
It's been 3 months since my second fingerprint and it's 1 year 10 months since my interview.

Thank you very much asylum seeker for ur reply. Wow that waiting is a killer! Anyway I hope u hear about ur approval pretty soon. I have question though. Your second fingerprint mail notice; did it came from the asylum office or from the service center that has jurisdiction of ur asylum I mean the service center that u mail ur initial asylum application to?

Thank you very much asylum seeker for ur reply. Wow that waiting is a killer! Anyway I hope u hear about ur approval pretty soon. I have question though. Your second fingerprint mail notice; did it came from the asylum office or from the service center that has jurisdiction of ur asylum I mean the service center that u mail ur initial asylum application to?
from service center

You will probably be approved. I read on the forums here that when they ask for a second fingerprint they usually approve afterwards. It makes sense, if they have any intention of denying, they would not bother with your fingerprints. They are doing final background checks before they announce your approval. Either because time has passed since the first one, or because the asylum officer working on your case has changed etc.

Could any one tell me please what kind of evidence should I mail? I have no idea how to bring any documentation from my home country since I have no one there to help me out issue any of them, what the respond should includ? Help please

I got Noid and I replied to the rebuttal with the help of my new Lawyer Again I received Second Interview... what are the chances??