• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Hey @GdayUSA - thanks for posting. Just to follow up @SusieQQQ great post :rolleyes:, the temp visa is vaid for MAX 6 months pre-activation. That may seem like a long time, but it sure goes quick. Also, unexpectedly you can be placed in AP status. Then there is the issue of medical tests that go astray or need updating at the last minute and you can't get into the clinic pre-interview, (noting that these med results are valid for up to 6 months themselves, and can shorten the visa activation time post-issue). Read over the thread and there are a lot of comments on both AP and medicals (etc).

And finally, the US budget accounting system period for these DV visas is to September of each year, but even before this time the visa quotas are usually exhausted before then. Read @Britsimon website for some great stats and info. In short, if you leave it too late, and hit a temp roadblock, you may miss out. Worse, if you didn't want the visa really as you are happy with the visa status you have now, (ie: take it or leave it attitude), but get it, someone else after you up the OC list misses out. I know it is hard, and it takes a lot of soul-searching to make a move like this, but at the end of the day, you have to really make a hard decision and stick by it. Then there is the time and money it takes to go through the process pre-entry, and post-entry. Hope this has assisted you - it ain't easy! :confused:

Hello,
Many thanks for your prompt reply @EmilyW , @SusieQQQ and @martinskypemartin. This really is a great resource and people are very generous with their time and input.

I am very grateful for this opportunity and know it's a once in a life time chance. My situation is slightly sensitive as I have a seriously ill family member and will need to support them emotionally and financially. I've read through the forums and various websites and understand after activation (within 6 months of issue) there is a time period of a year where you need to enter to country and begin PR. While this should be more than enough time for me to have everything in order I need to keep my current employment. This involves travelling overseas on my passport/current visa. I don't want to jeopardise the opportunity or my current employment status. I can't seem to get through to the embassy so I'll try an email.

Thanks again,

GdayUSA

Hello,
Many thanks for your prompt reply @EmilyW , @SusieQQQ and @martinskypemartin. This really is a great resource and people are very generous with their time and input.

I am very grateful for this opportunity and know it's a once in a life time chance. My situation is slightly sensitive as I have a seriously ill family member and will need to support them emotionally and financially. I've read through the forums and various websites and understand after activation (within 6 months of issue) there is a time period of a year where you need to enter to country and begin PR. While this should be more than enough time for me to have everything in order I need to keep my current employment. This involves travelling overseas on my passport/current visa. I don't want to jeopardise the opportunity or my current employment status. I can't seem to get through to the embassy so I'll try an email.

Thanks again,

GdayUSA

I'm sorry about your ill family member. Unfortunately you will be told you have to choose between an immigrant visa and other visas. You cannot simultaneously hold an immigrant visa and another visa.

Hello,

Thanks again,

GdayUSA

The immigrant visa will most definitely be cancelled without prejudice upon activation on a LPR status. There's no wiggle room for being a LPR and holding a U.S. NIV at the same time. So you'll really have to choose one at the end of the day.

Visa issued!

After being placed on AP due to a late Medical, I was finally approved this afternoon, on the last day of the month. Over the moon right now!

Congrats SydSteve! I was wondering what had happened with your interview earlier this month. So glad it all worked out

2015OC13XX - Hopefully the next VB is a good one. Missed this cut

You don't need a very good VB. 75 is the likely increase - you may be the last OC-er through the door.

However there's still a chance they'll have a zero rise like last year, so you'll need to wait nervously like the rest of us.

You don't need a very good VB. 75 is the likely increase - you may be the last OC-er through the door.

However there's still a chance they'll have a zero rise like last year, so you'll need to wait nervously like the rest of us.

Nah! 14XX

Oops - I promised myself I wouldn't do final predictions....

Will be interesting to see. Does anyone in NZ have any idea as to the cost of the medical?

Hi All. So I am just getting everything ready for my interview on the 14th.

I received the official checklist today via email from the consulate. I seem to have everything I need completed. I am just confused about this:

"Before your interview

Register and create a profile via
USTravelDocs.

Each applicant must create a profile via the mentioned website. All correspondence will be emailed via an applicant’s profile"

I am not sure what to do? Do I have to create a profile on this site? Its confusing because when I login it doesn't seem to have Diversity VISA as an option, and my interview is already scheduled so I am confused?

Also because my passport was due to expire soon I had to get a new one last week so I now have a new passport number ......does this matter?

Thanks

That site is super confusing. I registered as a non immigrant just because the options for immigrant have nothing to do with diversity lottery winners and it was the only way to register the whole family. But once you do, email the consulate and let them know you have registered.

Take our new passport with you to the interview.

That site is super confusing. I registered as a non immigrant just because the options for immigrant have nothing to do with diversity lottery winners and it was the only way to register the whole family. But once you do, email the consulate and let them know you have registered.

Take our new passport with you to the interview.
Its soooo confusing. If I select Non Immigrant VISA, Then Sydney.........these are my options:

Business/Tourism/Transit
Workers/Media
Students
Crew
Treaty Trader Investor (E-1/E-2)

??????

Hi All. So I am just getting everything ready for my interview on the 14th.

I received the official checklist today via email from the consulate. I seem to have everything I need completed. I am just confused about this:

"Before your interview

Register and create a profile via
USTravelDocs.

Each applicant must create a profile via the mentioned website. All correspondence will be emailed via an applicant’s profile"

I am not sure what to do? Do I have to create a profile on this site? Its confusing because when I login it doesn't seem to have Diversity VISA as an option, and my interview is already scheduled so I am confused?

Also because my passport was due to expire soon I had to get a new one last week so I now have a new passport number ......does this matter?

Thanks
14th of July or August?