I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

Heya fjelltronen!

I got Immigrant Visa Fee Invoice 2 days ago on May, 28th.
Site is still down...

Today I sent it IV Fee Invoice with USPS Money Order of $325 payable to Department Of State to:

National Visa Center
PO Box 790136
St. Louis, MO 63179-0136

Lets see whats gonna happen next...

Today I sent it IV Fee Invoice with USPS Money Order of $325 payable to Department Of State to:

Nice! Keep a watch on your email. I got the payment confirmation by email a week or so after I mailed the envelope with the IV fee.

Still no change online. I wonder if it makes sense to call again. There's probably nothing that the person on the phone can do, except tell me that they're working on it.

Well, now when my payment is already there it shows NOT PAID with option to pay it online. I guess I gotta wait for it to change the status.

Mine says the same. It used to not be available for online payment. I don't know when it changed, but now I could pay it online if I wanted to. Weird! Anyways, they have already confirmed my payments by email, but the IV fee is not marked as PAID and the application link is still N/A.

Hi Arbuzik and fjelltronen!

Took the NVC 2 months so send me an email stating the amount that needed to be paid for the Immigrant Visa which I just got yesterday. I have been checking their webpage but everything is still the same. It shows that I paid the AOS fee but, I can't see anywhere in the site that gives me an option to fill out the IV application. Are any of you at that point yet? and just wondering at what point should we send the supporting documents? I hope everyone is doing great.

Hi Arbuzik and fjelltronen!

Took the NVC 2 months so send me an email stating the amount that needed to be paid for the Immigrant Visa which I just got yesterday. I have been checking their webpage but everything is still the same. It shows that I paid the AOS fee but, I can't see anywhere in the site that gives me an option to fill out the IV application. Are any of you at that point yet? and just wondering at what point should we send the supporting documents? I hope everyone is doing great.

I think they had some issues with their databases -- because the website seemed to be fixed, but the individual user accounts still needed to be updated. I got the IV invoices by email and made the payments two months ago and just yesterday I was finally able to access the IV application online. This entire time, the application link was "N/A" despite having received confirmation from the NVC for my IV payment.

Pay the IV fee by regular mail (if it's still N/A online). It'll take around a week for them to confirm receiving it (by email). And then, just keep checking your account online until the IV application link becomes "not started".

I could not make the IV payment online (even after I received the invoice by email) so I paid it by regular mail. After a while, it became available for payment online, but it was already paid and confirmed. And, just now, it changed to "paid" and the IV application is available. Once I finished filling it out and submitting it, I will mail the documents to NVC.

Hope this helps,
:)

Heya,
Looks like good news! Finally!

I just found that on CEAC page both AOS and IV fees stated as PAID and there is also a link NOT STARTED to DS-260 Application.

I sent all paper work on 08/05 except Police Certificate.
It was not available at that time. Waiting for the outcome...

Good luck, Arbuzik! :)

I submitted the application last week and I'm about ready with the financial/supporting documents package.

Did you receive any confirmations for the application/documents package (by email or regular mail)?

US Citizen Filing for Mother's Green Card through Consular Processing - Venezuela 2015

Hello everyone,

I am posting on this thread, because it seems to be more active than the thread I originally posted on, and this is a more specific thread to my case (thank you OP). Here is my entire timeline:

FRI MAR 13 2015 ----- Sent I-130 Package VIA USPS Priority Mail Express To Phoenix, AZ
Package Contents:
- Check for $420 to U. S. Department of Homeland Security
- Form G-1145, e-Notification of Application / Petition Acceptance
- Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
- My Certificate of Naturalization (Copy)
- My Passport (Copy)
- My Passport Card (Copy)
- My Birth Certificate (Translation) + Certification + Notarization + Original (All Copies)
- My Mother's Birth Certificate (Translation) + Certification + Notarization + Original (All Copies)
- My Marriage Certificate (Copy)
SAT MAR 14 2015 ---- Package Delivered at 10:17 to Chase Bank Bldg. Signed for by J LOPEZ
WED MAR 19 2015 --- Received Text Message from USCIS stating case was received, and Receipt #.
WED MAR 19 2015 --- Received E-mail from USCIS stating case has been accepted and routed to the
USCIS Nebraska Service Center for processing. Official Receipt was sent, will receive within 7-10 days by standard mail. Then you can use the My Case Status on uscis.gov website with Receipt Number.​
WED MAR 19 2015 -- Opened account on USCIS.gov to check case status.
MON MAR 23 2015 -- Received the Form I-797C Notice of Action by Mail, Priority Date March 16th, 2015.
THU AUG 06 2015 --- Received e-mail notice that RFE Letter (Request For Evidence) would be sent.
MON AUG 10 2015 --- Received RFE by Mail:
PROOF OF NAME CHANGE
Submit evidence showing that (Name Middle Lastname1 Lastname2) and (Name Middle Lastname1 of Lastname3) are two names used for the same person. You must show how the beneficiary acquired the last name of (Lastname1 of Lastname3) which is listed on your birth certificate.
Evidence of a name change may include, but is not limited to, a marriage certificate, divorce decree, death certificate (of the spouse whose name you used), adoption decree, or court order. The evidence must be registered with a civil authority. Using a modified version of your name for an extended period of time is not acceptable proof of a name change.
Note: Affidavits will not be considered primary evidence in order to establish a name change.
WED AUG 19 2015 --- Sent RFE Response via USPS.
FRI AUG 21 2015 ----- USCIS Received my response to the RFE.
FRI AUG 21 2015 ----- Received e-mail notice that "Your Case Status: Request for Evidence Response Review"
TUE SEP 01 2015 ----- Received e-mail that I-130 was approved:
Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity
On September 1, 2015, we approved your Form I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN, Receipt Number ###. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations.

As of today I have not received anything by mail... (12 days later)

I-130 Approved in 172 days - 5.65 Months

Q1: When should I expect something in the mail, how long does it take for USCIS to mail me the approval by mail? will I be the one receiving this as the petitioner, or will it go directly to my mother in Venezuela (the mail system over there is not good at all)? what will be the instructions in this approval notice?

I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this same process doing the Consular Processing in Venezuela, and if they can help me with the following questions:

Q2: How long did it take from the moment you filed the I-130, until your parent was in the U.S. legally and ready to work.

Q3: Once the I-130 is approved, what comes next? Do you need a lawyer? Do you recommend to get a lawyer?

Q4: How much are the fees for DS-260, and I-864? Can they be paid by me in the US, and not by my mother in Venezuela?

Q5: What are the documents required for the DS-260? I got this list from a lawyer, can someone verify these:
• My Mother's Birth Certificate (Translation) + Certification + Notarization + Spanish (All Copies)
• My Mother's Divorce Certificate (Translation) + Certification + Notarization + Spanish (All Copies)
• Copy of all the pages of My Mother's Passport, which has to be valid for at least 12 more months.
• 2 Passport Photos
• This is in Spanish: Certificado policial de TODOS los lugares en donde usted ha vivido por más de 6 meses desde la edad de los 16 años. Éstos certificados policiales tienen que ser certificados por el Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores. What does this mean? what kind of papers are these? where to get them in Venezuela?
• This is in Spanish: Documentos de prisión y corte (si aplica). What does this mean? what kind of papers are these? where to get them in Venezuela?
• Medical Exam, which needs to be done once you get the instructions. Does anyone know of a doctor that provides these services in Venezuela that you can recommend?
• My Birth Certificate (Translation) + Certification + Notarization + Original (All Copies)
• My Certificate of Naturalization (Copy)
• My Marriage Certificate (Copy)
Q6: What is the filing fee for the I-864 when done through Consular Processing in Venezuela? Are these all the documents I am going to need?
• My 3 most recent Taxes.
• Letter from my employer on their letterhead as proof of employment with current title and salary.
• Paid stubs from the last year.
Q7: Anything else you might know about the process in Venezuela? What is the process like, how long does it take? what is the interview like?

Thank you to anyone who might have any information to share (even if you are not from Venezuela).

Q1: When should I expect something in the mail, how long does it take for USCIS to mail me the approval by mail? will I be the one receiving this as the petitioner, or will it go directly to my mother in Venezuela (the mail system over there is not good at all)? what will be the instructions in this approval notice?

I received the notifications by mail a few days after the email notifications. I see it's been almost 2 weeks for you ... I would have guessed that it will arrive sooner, but who knows, maybe it's taking them a little more time. You will be the one receiving it. I don't remember exactly what that notice says, but they will send your approved petition to the National Visa Center (step 2 in the diagram shown here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process.html). -- See answer to Q3 below.

Q2: How long did it take from the moment you filed the I-130, until your parent was in the U.S. legally and ready to work.

I cannot answer this right now, since my applications are still processing -- I ended up sending all the paperwork almost 1 year to the day after submitting the I-130 petitions.

Q3: Once the I-130 is approved, what comes next? Do you need a lawyer? Do you recommend to get a lawyer?

USCIS will send your petition to NVC. NVC will send both your and your mom a Welcome Letter, which will confirm that they received your petition and will include the NVC case number and invoice number (that you need for your online account) and will also include a list with upcoming processing steps. ALL of these are listed and detailed here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process.html If you follow that chart, you can read up on the entire process: you will know what the steps are, what documents you need, what fees you need to pay, etc..

If you're still unsure of what steps need to be taken as certain points in time, people here have gone through this and can help.

I don't believe you need a lawyer for this -- most people do it on their own; there is a lot of information on the NVC website and on other forums online. If you're not sure you can do this, then, by all means, you can hire a lawyer.

Regarding Q1, receiving the mailed notification from USCIS is not the most crucial thing here. What's important is that your petition was approved, that UCSIS sends it to NVC, and NVC puts you in their system, assigns you a case number and sends their Welcome letter. At this point, the most important are the communications with NVC, not USCIS.

Q4: How much are the fees for DS-260, and I-864? Can they be paid by me in the US, and not by my mother in Venezuela?

The affidavit of support fee is $120. The IV fee is $325. -- http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html
You will be able to access her online account (with NVC) as petitioner and pay the fees from here in the US (online or by mail).

Q5: What are the documents required for the DS-260? I got this list from a lawyer, can someone verify these:

You can find on the NVC website the entire list of documents that you need to send to NVC (in one single package). This talks about the financial documents you need as well as her civil documents (http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...t-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html).

Q6: What is the filing fee for the I-864 when done through Consular Processing in Venezuela? Are these all the documents I am going to need?

The fee is $120. The list of documents is here: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...ments/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html Send the documents that apply to your situation, which you know best. I would not follow the advice of somebody that is not very familiar with your current situation.

Q7: Anything else you might know about the process in Venezuela? What is the process like, how long does it take? what is the interview like?
I don't know the answers to these questions. I'm sorry I cannot be of help here.

Hope this makes everything a little more clear. You can start preparing now the documents you will need to send later to NVC. For me, it took about 1 month for them to acknowledge the receipt of the approved I-130 and issue the Welcome Letter. It takes a little more time until they confirm the choice of agent information. This past summer, there were some issues with their website/online databases and it took a while for them to enable the links for payments. Hopefully, things got resolved in the meantime and it will be much smoother for you. There is a lot of documentation required for this, so I'd suggest you start right now to be ready when you actually reach those processing steps. Feel free to read the last 3-4 pages of this discussion forum to see how it has been so far for me and others who are doing this right now.

Good luck!

US Citizen Filing for Mother's Green Card through Consular Processing - Venezuela 2015
As of today I have not received anything by mail... (12 days later)

UPDATE

Just wanted to let everyone know just today, 13 days after I received the e-mail stating my I-130 was approved, I received the approval notice by mail. The approval notice is just another I-797, Notice of Action. In case you want to know what it actually says, it states the following:

The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC), 32 Rochester Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909. NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions that need consular action. It also determines which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate.

The NVC will contact the person for whom you are petitioning (beneficiary) concerning further immigrant visa processing steps.

You should allow a minimum of 30 days for Department of State processing before contacting the NVC. If you have not received any correspondence from the NVC within 30 days, you may contact the NVC by e-mail at NVCINQUIRY@state.gov. You will need to enter the USCIS receipt number from this approval notice in the subject line. In order to receive information about your petition, you will need to include the Petitioner's name and date of birth, and the Applicant's name and date of birth, in the body of the e-mail.

The approval of this visa petition does not in itself grant any immigration status and does not guarantee that the alien beneficiary will subsequently be found to be eligible for a visa, for admission to the United States, or for an extension, change, or adjustment of status.

THIS FORM IS NOT A VISA AND MAY NOT BE USED IN PLACE OF A VISA.

NOTICE: Although this application/petition has been approved, USCIS and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security reserve the right to verify the information submitted in this application, petition and/or supporting documentation to ensure conformity with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other authorities. Methods used for verifying information may include, but are not limited to, the review of public information and records, contact by correspondence, the internet, or telephone, and site inspections of businesses and residences. Information obtained during the course of verification will be used to determine whether revocation, rescission, and/or removal proceedings are appropriate. Applicants, petitioners, and representatives of record will be provided an opportunity to address derogatory information before any formal proceeding is initiated.

I don't know the answers to these questions. I'm sorry I cannot be of help here.

Hope this makes everything a little more clear. You can start preparing now the documents you will need to send later to NVC. For me, it took about 1 month for them to acknowledge the receipt of the approved I-130 and issue the Welcome Letter. It takes a little more time until they confirm the choice of agent information. This past summer, there were some issues with their website/online databases and it took a while for them to enable the links for payments. Hopefully, things got resolved in the meantime and it will be much smoother for you. There is a lot of documentation required for this, so I'd suggest you start right now to be ready when you actually reach those processing steps. Feel free to read the last 3-4 pages of this discussion forum to see how it has been so far for me and others who are doing this right now.

Good luck!

fjelltronen,

Thank you very very much for all your answers... as you can see in the post right above this one, I finally received the approval notice for my I-130. I posted the copy of the letter in case anyone else in my shoes was wondering what that letter would say if anything.

I guess now I just have to wait the 30 days to see if I get anything from the NVC and with that information they will send me I can start doing everything online. I had already read all those steps on the NVC website, but it was a while back. My mother and I have already gathered most of those documents, we were just waiting for the access to the NVC forms to see exactly what else they need since the police reports need to be recent, we didn't want to get those too ahead of time.

Again, thank you very much for your help and good luck on your case as well...

HappyWife

fjelltronen,

Thank you very very much for all your answers... as you can see in the post right above this one, I finally received the approval notice for my I-130. I posted the copy of the letter in case anyone else in my shoes was wondering what that letter would say if anything.

I guess now I just have to wait the 30 days to see if I get anything from the NVC and with that information they will send me I can start doing everything online. I had already read all those steps on the NVC website, but it was a while back. My mother and I have already gathered most of those documents, we were just waiting for the access to the NVC forms to see exactly what else they need since the police reports need to be recent, we didn't want to get those too ahead of time.

Again, thank you very much for your help and good luck on your case as well...

HappyWife

You're welcome! I'm glad you got the I-797. :)

Right. Without the information from the NVC Welcome letter, there's pretty much nothing you can do to further the process right now. It's good that you have already collected most of the documents -- it will help a lot when it's time to send them. And yes, some are time-sensitive and cannot be done too ahead of time.

Also, you can take a look at the .pdf sample visa application linked on the NVC website (http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...rocess/documents/Submit_Visa_Application.html) since it requires a lot of information and it takes a while to gather it all (e.g., list all the addresses your mother lived since she was 16 years old, schools attended, employers for the past 10 years, etc.).

UPDATE

Here is another update on my case. Yesterday I received a text message from USCIS saying:

"Your case ##### is now updated. Check "My Case Status" at www.uscis.gov."

I went online to check my case and My Case Status was:

"Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On September 17, 2015, we sent your case, Receipt Number #####, to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I also received an e-mail that stated the same thing.

Just in case anyone is wondering if you will receive notice from USCIS when they actually transfer your case to NVC.

HappyWife

UPDATE

One more update on my case. I called NVC this morning and they told me they just received my case yesterday... She said it would take "up to a month" to assign an NVC # and Invoice # and that if I had provided my email to USCIS then I would get this info sent to me by e-mail.

UPDATE

One more update on my case. I called NVC this morning and they told me they just received my case yesterday... She said it would take "up to a month" to assign an NVC # and Invoice # and that if I had provided my email to USCIS then I would get this info sent to me by e-mail.

That's good news! It got there fast [given the amount of bureaucracy it goes through].

I'm sure "up to a month" is the standard answer. It'll probably be sooner than 1 month. :) For me, it took only 2 weeks.

Yes, fjelltronen, that is good news! I think I am going to call every week just in case they don't send me the info by mail or email in time.

Also, just a note and advice on best times to call NVC:

The number to call (from within the US) to check on your case is 603.334.0700
Their website states that they are open from 7am - 12am EST (not sure if this means noon or midnight :/ I should've asked)

When you call most likely you will immediately get an recorded message that states something like we are currently busy with the overwhelming amount of calls we are receiving, call back later... and then the call hangs up.

As soon as you hear that message, hang up and try again. I called today, Wednesday morning at 7:51 AM EST and I got the message 10 times in a row. On the 10th time at 7:52 AM I finally got through the main menu. I forget what numbers I had to press, but I was on hold for a good 10 minutes until someone finally came on the line and answered my questions. She was nice and helpful.