• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Ok, one more lesson. Thank you Susie. @selina90 in that case you can take a breath on preparations because you still have 6 months to go but still it is good idea to plan your trip before the winter approaches!!

Another lesson: everyone does not automatically get a visa with a six month expiry date :). It is possible for Selina to have less than 6 months, this can only be confirmed when the actual visa is seen.

Another lesson: everyone does not automatically get a visa with a six month expiry date :). It is possible for Selina to have less than 6 months, this can only be confirmed when the actual visa is seen.
yes simon, as it is based on date of medical test. mine also have only five months

yes simon, as it is based on date of medical test. mine also have only five months
Interesting:) Seems difficult to predict but wait a minute, we did our medical early November but we are still in Addis and our visa expires in August, on top of this, it is my first time to hear a DV visa offered for less than six months in this forum. Probability gere's case is because we are towards the end of DV2015 term. Any ways, just for curiosity, is there any one else in the forum who got visa of less than six months?

Interesting:) Seems difficult to predict but wait a minute, we did our medical early November but we are still in Addis and our visa expires in August, on top of this, it is my first time to hear a DV visa offered for less than six months in this forum. Probability gere's case is because we are towards the end of DV2015 term. Any ways, just for curiosity, is there any one else in the forum who got visa of less than six months?

Perhaps you haven't read much? Many people have reported less than six months this fiscal year.

Back in Nov when you did your interview, all cleared medicals were valid for 1 year, which made it possible for visa validity to be predicted/pegged at 6 months. However, starting from Mar 2015, all cleared medicals had a 6 month validity which means issued visas are no longer guaranteed to be valid for 6 months.

@gere's case is not an exception and it's not because the FY is coming to an end. DV2015 selectees can always enter the U.S. with their valid visas even if the FY is over. Plus there are reports of less than 6 months on other Threads.

Today, 07/02/15, is my wife interview date and she is heading to the US embassy. Hope we will have a good result. Wish her a good luck. At most, let the almighty God gives you His grace!

Last edited:
Back in Nov when you did your interview, all cleared medicals were valid for 1 year, which made it possible for visa validity to be predicted/pegged at 6 months. However, starting from Mar 2015, all cleared medicals had a 6 month validity which means issued visas are no longer guaranteed to be valid for 6 months.

@gere's case is not an exception and it's not because the FY is coming to an end. DV2015 selectees can always enter the U.S. with their valid visas even if the FY is over. Plus there are reports of less than 6 months on other Threads.

Thank you @Sm1smom for the clarification. I had no idea about the change in March and even about one year validity.

Hello everyone how you all doing living the busy life here in DC received my permanent resident card yesterday oh guys they are fast, came to the USA on the 30th of May it took them almost a month. we are still moving 100% visa granted. Thank you all for the help, wish you all the best in the future.

Last edited:
Hello everyone how you all doing living the busy life here in DC received my permanent resident card yesterday oh guys they are fast, came to the USA on the 30th of May it took them almost a month. we are still moving 100% visa granted. Thank you all for the help, wish you all the best in the future.
Good to hear you received the GC in one month time. Congrats!
By the way, did you do something to facilitate/activate after arrival (like calling, email, etc.)?

Hello guys

Long time

I have been watiching the forum ,

OMG working and studying is almost impossible in the Us

My bord exam is in 3 months and i am being worried i will not be ready on time , working in the US is gone be exahustive when you begin get ready for it !! All u need is your bed after work

But that cute $$ took all the pain

Happy to see all the approvals congrats and good luck guys !

We got no one left on the waiting list right ??

Last edited:
Hello guys

Long time

OMG working and studing is almost impossible in the Us

My bored exam is in 3 months and i am being worried i will not be ready on time , working in the US is gone be exahustive when you begin get ready for it !! All u need is your bed after work

It's just a few months of pain and little sleep and once you have passed that exam you can sleep ;)

Good to hear you received the GC in one month time. Congrats!
By the way, did you do something to facilitate/activate after arrival (like calling, email, etc.)?
I didn't do anything special there was an address change at the POE and also made the changes online after that i was waiting for the GC.

Hello guys

Long time

OMG working and studying is almost impossible in the Us

My bord exam is in 3 months and i am being worried i will not be ready on time , working in the US is gone be exahustive when you begin get ready for it !! All u need is your bed after work

Hi @ZGREAT good to hear from you and also happy that you are enjoying the hard work. You are busy means there is less feeling of homesickness which is good.

Can I ask about board exam, is it only for medical people or what?

Hi @ZGREAT good to hear from you and also happy that you are enjoying the hard work. You are busy means there is less feeling of homesickness which is good.

Can I ask about board exam, is it only for medical people or what?
I think so , when is your flight ?

I think so , when is your flight ?

My flight is in less than three weeks.

Among the many places to whom I applied for job online, I had a successful job interview by Skype the day before. I am now told that I will have a campus visit the next day of my arrival. This one seems more promising than the other offers I had before.

My advise for everyone in the forum is ones you get your visa, search for jobs online and apply to multiple places in parallel, you loose nothing. Don't hesitate to tell them you are US permanent resident in your applications.

Another advise from my experience is about housing. If you remember, Credit Score requirement to rent a house was a big challenge that worried me. Now, I solved it by renting a house from an Ethiopian based on trust as he understands the situation. I have already paid one month advance starting from 15 July and the key is with my friend.
Bye

My flight is in less than three weeks.
My advise for everyone in the forum is ones you get your visa, search for jobs online and apply to multiple places in parallel, you loose nothing. Don't hesitate to tell them you are US permanent resident in your applications.
Bye

No advise is better than bad advise. And this is a bad advise. You are not a US permanent resident until your are admitted at POE. Merely getting a visa is not enough. Stating that you are a US PR in job applications, when you are not, is blatant lying.