Moms birth certificate and family relationship

SKumarD

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Your help is very much appreciated

I am planning to file for my mother's GC and have couple of questions:

1. My mom did not have a birth certificate. She has Indian Passport and Aadhar Card however with birth date. Will that be enough to show as Birth Certificate?

2. How can I show family relationship with her as her son? I got my Citizenship through naturalization but since I did not have birth certificate, my mom and uncle gave affidavits supporting my birth. Will these affidavits be enough to show the family relationship?

My Indian passport lists my mother's name on it but since it is cancelled after getting the Citizenship, will that be valid to show as proof of relationship

If both of them do not work, what else I can show to verify the family relationship?

Appreciate your help
Kumar

Hi,
Your help is very much appreciated

I am planning to file for my mother's GC and have couple of questions:

1. My mom did not have a birth certificate. She has Indian Passport and Aadhar Card however with birth date. Will that be enough to show as Birth Certificate?
Aadhar card only shows year of birth, not the full date of birth. If you do not have a birth certificate atleast try to get a non-availability of birth certificate and provide 2 additional secondary proof of documents like PAN Card, their SSLC certificate, their passport etc. This is what I did for my dad based on the info I read on immihelp. I just filed for my parents so keeping my fingers crossed.

2. How can I show family relationship with her as her son? I got my Citizenship through naturalization but since I did not have birth certificate, my mom and uncle gave affidavits supporting my birth. Will these affidavits be enough to show the family relationship?
The affidavits are the way to go if you do not have a birth certificate and also the renounced passport should help. I have my Birth certificate but the spelling of my dad's name is slightly different and the last names of mine as well as my parents' were missing on it. So I ended up using my Birth Certificate and the renounced passport as proof of relationship. I will let you know what happens.

My Indian passport lists my mother's name on it but since it is cancelled after getting the Citizenship, will that be valid to show as proof of relationship

If both of them do not work, what else I can show to verify the family relationship?

*I am letting you know what I did, pls make your own judgement and consult a lawyer if in doubt.

Appreciate your help
Kumar