• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 OC Selectees

Hi, new here! 7xx & from New Zealand. I've been going through this thread for hours reading everything. I filled out the DS260 as soon as I found out. Now I'm just waiting. I'm not sure when I'm looking at but I'm guessing April? For when I'll get in the VB. Does anyone know the average fees and the amount I'd need (if needed) saved up to prove funds and stuff. Also, I'm currently (recently) married to a US resident. He lives in the US and has done for years. Is this going to effect my application and process at all?

Hi, new here! 7xx & from New Zealand. I've been going through this thread for hours reading everything. I filled out the DS260 as soon as I found out. Now I'm just waiting. I'm not sure when I'm looking at but I'm guessing April? For when I'll get in the VB. Does anyone know the average fees and the amount I'd need (if needed) saved up to prove funds and stuff. Also, I'm currently (recently) married to a US resident. He lives in the US and has done for years. Is this going to effect my application and process at all?

What do you mean by "resident"? Permanent resident? Or work or student visa? Citizen?

Since the pool of OC selectees is much smaller this year than recent years, it's a little difficult to say at the moment when most numbers will become current. If OC doesn't go current earlier than September and numbers are staggered all the way through to the final VB of the fiscal year (and we are yet to see an OC number higher than 9xx), a 7xx number could be more likely to be interviewed in June. It will probably be more obvious to us once the first couple of VB's have come out.

On another note, our OC2016 list keeps on expanding. :D

polyvalent - xx (AUS)
GdayUSA - xx (AUS)
Cogger - 1xx (AUS)
Emily_E3 - 1xx (AUS)
gemka - 1xx (AUS)
DV2016LOST - 2xx (AUS)
PennyR - 3xx (AUS)
violetion - 3xx (AUS)
sarahvw - 4xx (AUS)
Elle30 - 5xx (AUS)
s362596 - 5xx (AUS)
MelbourneBen - 6xx (AUS)
Teyliana - 6xx (AUS)
mlily1224 - 7xx (NZ)
tebby - 7xx (AUS)
eskimokisses - 8xx (AUS)
alwaysrose123 - 9xx (NZ)
connectedspace - 9xx (AUS)
innerwestern - 9xx (AUS)

He wasn't on it. He's been a permanent resident in the us for 8? years. I didn't know if it would make them suspicious or ask more questions.

Last edited:
So you married him after you entered the lottery?

That won't be suspicious because you had no idea of whether you were going to win or not, and you gained no advantage by it.

The ones that have more scrutiny are the marriages that occur AFTER selection.

Since the pool of OC selectees is much smaller this year than recent years, it's a little difficult to say at the moment when most numbers will become current. If OC doesn't go current earlier than September and numbers are staggered all the way through to the final VB of the fiscal year (and we are yet to see an OC number higher than 9xx), a 7xx number could be more likely to be interviewed in June. It will probably be more obvious to us once the first couple of VB's have come out.

On another note, our OC2016 list keeps on expanding. :D

polyvalent - xx (AUS)
GdayUSA - xx (AUS)
Cogger - 1xx (AUS)
Emily_E3 - 1xx (AUS)
gemka - 1xx (AUS)
DV2016LOST - 2xx (AUS)
PennyR - 3xx (AUS)
violetion - 3xx (AUS)
sarahvw - 4xx (AUS)
Elle30 - 5xx (AUS)
s362596 - 5xx (AUS)
MelbourneBen - 6xx (AUS)
Teyliana - 6xx (AUS)
mlily1224 - 7xx (NZ)
tebby - 7xx (AUS)
eskimokisses - 8xx (AUS)
alwaysrose123 - 9xx (NZ)
connectedspace - 9xx (AUS)
innerwestern - 9xx (AUS)
Please include me in the list as 5xx (Fiji)

He wasn't on it. He's been a permanent resident in the us for 8? years. I didn't know if it would make them suspicious or ask more questions.

You were married after entry or after selection? Anyway seeing as he already has a green card it is clearly not a green card marriage so that would reduce their concerns.

So you married him after you entered the lottery?

That won't be suspicious because you had no idea of whether you were going to win or not, and you gained no advantage by it.

The ones that have more scrutiny are the marriages that occur AFTER selection.

But not in this case as he has a green card anyway, surely?

All these low numbers have me really puzzled. It makes me wonder if they removed the 'holes' and then re-numbered the CNs.

They're up to something!

Yeah. I found out I was selected in May but we got married in June. He could sponsor me if this doesn't work. He already has a green card and is able to get citizenship.

All these low numbers have me really puzzled. It makes me wonder if they removed the 'holes' and then re-numbered the CNs.

They're up to something!
No, it's just fewer selectees I reckon.

Susie is correct.

This year there are 1500 selectees compared to the 3500 last year.

The derivative rate from last year is 1.65, so if we apply that to the 1500 we should see 909 cases.
The disqualification rate (holes) last year was 8%. So - that 909 should end up with a max case number of 988.

No mystery. No one "up to something", other than less sad people. Actually, NO sad people.

Susie is correct.

The derivative rate from last year is 1.65, so if we apply that to the 1500 we should see 909 cases.
The disqualification rate (holes) last year was 8%. So - that 909 should end up with a max case number of 988.

No mystery. No one "up to something", other than less sad people. Actually, NO sad people.

I know comparing years is misleading, however if the current CN for 2015 is 1325 how they are going to fill the OC quota with a high CN of 1000? Have they selected enough people?

I know comparing years is misleading, however if the current CN for 2015 is 1325 how they are going to fill the OC quota with a high CN of 1000? Have they selected enough people?

It is actually about right. Take out OC response rate, add in high AOS rate, high success rate and a bit of derivative rate growth and my guess is they will be right around current for the region.

Susie is correct.

I'm sad - I didn't get selected :(