• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I believe many of the ASCs will allow you to bring a cell phone as long as it's off and stowed in your bag. (The Manhattan ASC certainly allowed me to do that). But it depends on your ASC - you should google around to find out what people's experiences have been at your ASC.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Good night :)

I believe many of the ASCs will allow you to bring a cell phone as long as it's off and stowed in your bag. (The Manhattan ASC certainly allowed me to do that). But it depends on your ASC - you should google around to find out what people's experiences have been at your ASC.

Yeah, that's correct. The ASC's aren't too strict about the mobile devices, as long as it's switched off and not used on the premises.

I see your point. I totally didn't notice your response until today, I was very focus on Mr Simon's site until he redirected me to you Mom. I'm sorry and I am realizing that I could be the reason my family won't get together as expected.
What do you think my very last effecient way to process is? Should I just fill and just "wait and see" or should I call KCC? What can I do? Thank you

The processing is really out of KCC's hands, I don't think there's anything they can do to ensure you and your wife get interviewed and approved before the end of the FY. I think for now, you should focus on completing the process on your side for now. The worst that can happen will be you end up sponsoring your wife under the F2A category if she doesn't get interviewed before the end f the FY. Of course it's a bit more expensive and takes longer to complete, but it's still not too bad.

Sorry your question got over looked, but I'm glad you got the right response eventually :)
No problem, you help a lot. Its okay to overlook sometimes which Happens rarely. I will go to work after the ASC visit so was wondering whether to take my things or come back home again. Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the time you give us. Good night

There is then nothing to do? I feel very bad I did not focus now I am so stressed.

Well, like they say, it's not over till the fat lady sings, like they say. A lot really depends on your FO as to how quickly they're able to schedule your interview, you not being stuck in AP as a result of pending background check, your ability to put pressure on your without jeopardizing things and the U.S. Embassy in your home country of course.

Here's a similar story from 2013 (someone with a high CN current in Aug who went through AOS - was interviewed in Sept - and FTJ for the spouse). They made it through, so maybe the story may inspire and give you hope:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2013-aos-only.308496/page-203#post-2245053

Well, like they say, it's not over till the fat lady sings, like they say. A lot really depends on your FO as to how quickly they're able to schedule your interview, you not being stuck in AP as a result of pending background check, your ability to put pressure on your without jeopardizing things and the U.S. Embassy in your home country of course.

Here's a similar story from 2013 (someone with a high CN current in Aug who went through AOS - was interviewed in Sept - and FTJ for the spouse). They made it through, so maybe the story may inspire and give you hope:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2013-aos-only.308496/page-203#post-2245053

How do you remember these things, Mom?! It's like you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of this entire forum :)

Hi,
My opt is expiring in jul 29. I had applied for extension (STEM) it says received may 4 in the case status. I am current for aug. So i probably wont be able to work after that if i wontget my extension. Should i call USCIS and ask ifthey can expedite my opt ( as a immigration relief for Nepal? I had also pplied for ead while filing for aos. It is likely they cpuld cancel my opt extension petetion. I am confused whether to wait or do something. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hi,
My opt is expiring in jul 29. I had applied for extension (STEM) it says received may 4 in the case status. I am current for aug. So i probably wont be able to work after that if i wontget my extension. Should i call USCIS and ask ifthey can expedite my opt ( as a immigration relief for Nepal? I had also pplied for ead while filing for aos. It is likely they cpuld cancel my opt extension petetion. I am confused whether to wait or do something. Any suggestions? Thanks

I was in similar situation too. My case status was accepted right after 2 months of applying for both OPT and OPT extension. You will be fine. Also i think you are still considered in Status when you are waiting for the extension of the OPT ( I am not 100% sure though). I would recommend to have a quick chat with the international officers from your International Programs Office at University. Again i had applied for AOS and OPT almost at the same time and my OPT extension was accepted.

I was in similar situation too. My case status was accepted right after 2 months of applying for both OPT and OPT extension. You will be fine. Also i think you are still considered in Status when you are waiting for the extension of the OPT ( I am not 100% sure though). I would recommend to have a quick chat with the international officers from your International Programs Office at University. Again i had applied for AOS and OPT almost at the same time and my OPT extension was accepted.
Hey thanks,
Yeah I have never had a problem with opt case being accepted late. But, when your opt ead came had you already filed for aos? I will be in status for 60 days after my opt expires and since they have acceptd my aos I would in status that way too. My problem is if my opt ead doesnt come by july 29 I wont be able to work, so I want to notify my work place about a possible gap. I am pretty sure they will want me to work as soon as I get my ead. But my boss will be away for 2 weeks right when my opt expires so I have to plan ahead for a back up. If things go right and I will get an interview for aos, then may be I should make a letter form my work about my job, ( that is if i dont get my ead) that they will have my job ready for me when I have my work authorization or gc? Just planning things ahead.

Hey thanks,
Yeah I have never had a problem with opt case being accepted late. But, when your opt ead came had you already filed for aos? I will be in status for 60 days after my opt expires and since they have acceptd my aos I would in status that way too. My problem is if my opt ead doesnt come by july 29 I wont be able to work, so I want to notify my work place about a possible gap. I am pretty sure they will want me to work as soon as I get my ead. But my boss will be away for 2 weeks right when my opt expires so I have to plan ahead for a back up. If things go right and I will get an interview for aos, then may be I should make a letter form my work about my job, ( that is if i dont get my ead) that they will have my job ready for me when I have my work authorization or gc? Just planning things ahead.
Ah just saw that you had applied them almost at same time. Thanks a lot, helps me not to get worried :)

Ah just saw that you had applied them almost at same time. Thanks a lot, helps me not to get worried :)

Yup. They were only 10-15 days apart. I am sure you will be fine. I was in very similar situation as you are. You later realize that it was not worth worrying at all. :) Also i received my OPT Extension card in May 29th and my other one was going to expire in May 30th.

Yup. They were only 10-15 days apart. I am sure you will be fine. I was in very similar situation as you are. You later realize that it was not worth worrying at all. :) Also i received my OPT Extension card in May 29th and my other one was going to expire in May 30th.
Haha got to love this forum. Thankx a lot.

Hi!

My case > O1 holder (May 2016 exp) AOS through DV2015. I've come as far as my biometric scan which took place on the 22nd of May. Since then I haven't had an update and I've become a little anxious. I guess the next step would be the interview but its taking so long. Perhaps that's because I'm in California?

Two questions:

1. I havent heard anything back or had an update, I check the status on the website often. I just found out it is likely that I have to travel in the next two weeks for work to Europe. It was unexpected so I haven't planned for it (I didnt think I'd have to travel until the end of the year when I filed), but since I have an I-131 in my adjustment of status petition, can I travel or do I actually need written permission/an answer or document back from USCIS? I am in the US under an O1 at the moment but transferring to permanent resident through the diversity lottery which is why I have the I-485/I-131/I-765 package in motion.

2. My medical exam papers that were attached in the petition have now expired, while in the petition. Should I have it done again and send them a new medical exam even though they haven't asked for it? Just to speed the process along?

Would be so thankful for some insights.

Hi!

My case > O1 holder (May 2016 exp) AOS through DV2015. I've come as far as my biometric scan which took place on the 22nd of May. Since then I haven't had an update and I've become a little anxious. I guess the next step would be the interview but its taking so long. Perhaps that's because I'm in California?

Two questions:

1. I havent heard anything back or had an update, I check the status on the website often. I just found out it is likely that I have to travel in the next two weeks for work to Europe. It was unexpected so I haven't planned for it (I didnt think I'd have to travel until the end of the year when I filed), but since I have an I-131 in my adjustment of status petition, can I travel or do I actually need written permission/an answer or document back from USCIS? I am in the US under an O1 at the moment but transferring to permanent resident through the diversity lottery which is why I have the I-485/I-131/I-765 package in motion.

2. My medical exam papers that were attached in the petition have now expired, while in the petition. Should I have it done again and send them a new medical exam even though they haven't asked for it? Just to speed the process along?

Would be so thankful for some insights.

What's your CN? When did you become current? IL is FO dependent, which is yours?

1. You need to actually receive the AP card (based on the I-131 form you filed) before you can leave the U.S. while your AOS petition is pending without running into problems. If you leave the U.S. without having the AP card on hand, your AOS petition would be considered abandoned.

2. No you don't need to do a new medical exam, unless they specifically ask you to do that.

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

Mine became current in April which is when I filed (2015EU25xxx). Received at lockbox on the 20th (I-131. I-765) and 28th (I-485) of April. They were received at different dates even though they were all sent together which I assume is because they get processed at different units. I haven't yet received an AP card and I haven't heard anything so far which makes me worried.