Stuck & frustrated.

Ertan A.

Hey there.

I'm a Turkish citizen livin in Turkey. My fiancee and i are planning to get married and move to Chicago, IL next year. (We are an actual couple, loving & caring each other for more over 4 years now.)

The question is that my girlfriend is a double nationality person; double citizen from both USA and Turkey.

Her father was from USA and her parents got married in Turkey and they never lived in US soil.

So she got US Citizenship as well as the Turkish one. There s nothing tricky so far.

Here's the situation;

We have some liquid assets (around 100.000$) if its gonna come in handy. (But i'd like to keep it in Turkey for investment, if those assets got nothing to do with the situation.)

But i ll need to work there after a while, so i ll need a resident-work permit. (Green Card)

We want to get married but we dont know if its better-easier-faster to get married in Turkey and move to USA or its better to go there first (as i get a tourist visa) and we marry in US.

Please, we re stuck and we need some intelligent advice and true information.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best of wishes.

Either marry in Turkey and get a CR-1 immigrant visa, or get a K-1 fiance visa and marry in the US and adjust status. Since you guys are already living in Turkey, marrying in Turkey first makes more sense and is simpler. She will need to fill out an Affidavit of Support. If you guys's US income and assets are not enough, then you will need to find a joint sponsor who will also fill out an Affidavit of Support.