EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

Are you sure Receipt Date is April 19, 2015? Because this is a Sunday.
If it is the case, your processing time is over by 2+ weeks, so your case should be approved like 10 days after your Service Request.
Did you already submit a Service Request? When?

thank you @lota2013 for the information, on checking the actual date I realize its 17th of April and yes I did a service request last week Friday 22 of may , I don't know maybe its me just being impatient, but hope I get a response soon. all the best with your papers.

You guys are all wonderful. Please advise, I have a wife that will be joining me soon from abroad (my country) on a B1 Visa. How exactly do i go about including her in my application or she need file her own on arrival?

Ive been waiting for interview for 72 days now, also aware of all the current issues in the whole process.
awaiting your response and thank you.

Cos123

You guys are all wonderful. Please advise, I have a wife that will be joining me soon from abroad (my country) on a B1 Visa. How exactly do i go about including her in my application or she need file her own on arrival?

Ive been waiting for interview for 72 days now, also aware of all the current issues in the whole process.
awaiting your response and thank you.

Cos123
are you applying for asylum? had you mentioned her in your initial application? could it be by any chance the reasons she will be leaving your country are the same reasons your are are seeking asylum? if its yes then it will be wise to have her in your application because it will save her the wait and it can possibly add weight to your case since she will be leaving home as a result of the same conditions you are seeking asylum. i am not sure though if it will be possible to add her if you didn't include her in the initial application. Maybe you might need to consult with an attorney about this if you can . All the best

I finally got my status on my ead changed- it says now that today they ordered card to be produced. Hope to get it soon. BTW, today is 91st day since I applied. I did 2 service request, went once to infopass appointment. This waiting is so stressful.

I finally got my status on my ead changed- it says now that today they ordered card to be produced. Hope to get it soon. BTW, today is 91st day since I applied. I did 2 service request, went once to infopass appointment. This waiting is so stressful.
Congrats!. I applied for mine and my wife EAD last Friday and Monday was holiday. I still have not received receipt from USCIS, how long does it take usually to get the receipt?

Congrats!. I applied for mine and my wife EAD last Friday and Monday was holiday. I still have not received receipt from USCIS, how long does it take usually to get the receipt?
Thanks. I sent it on Feb 20. And they got it on March 3rd. I think I got my receipt in mail about March 5th.

are you applying for asylum? had you mentioned her in your initial application? could it be by any chance the reasons she will be leaving your country are the same reasons your are are seeking asylum? if its yes then it will be wise to have her in your application because it will save her the wait and it can possibly add weight to your case since she will be leaving home as a result of the same conditions you are seeking asylum. i am not sure though if it will be possible to add her if you didn't include her in the initial application. Maybe you might need to consult with an attorney about this if you can . All the best
Thanks vj i applied as asylum and only mentioned her and the kid in the application since they are not presently in the US. And she will be in the US for the same reason

Thank god something comes up on time,
Applied EAD on 7th may 2015
June 4th- Case was approved for I-765 application
But this afternoon it was showing that card has been sent for production and after few hours its changed to case was approved?
What is the difference between these two?

Last edited:
But this afternoon it was showing that card has been sent for production and after few hours its changed to case was approved?
Nope, no difference. You case is approved and you are getting your EAD. Did you make a service request or it just happened by itself ontime ?

IS YOUR EAD APPROVED OR YOUR ASYLUM DECISION IS APPROVED, OR BOTH?

no its just approval of I-765 ,
When I check my status it shows

Case was approved
we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization with receipt no xxxxxxxxxxx

I did not make any service request.

no its just approval of I-765 ,
When I check my status it shows

Case was approved
we approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization with receipt no xxxxxxxxxxx

I did not make any service request.
I had the same status as your. First, it was Card ordered to be produced and the same day it changed to case approved. I got this status on June 1st. On June 5th I got my card in mail finally. So your card will arrive shortly

Reactions: CWH
Hi dear

Which service centre are u applied your ead application ? And which state from u applied
Coz my ead applied by my attorney from california on 26/05/15
Still i dont get any receipt no i dont know they got my application or no

Last edited:
Hi dear

Which service centre are u applied your ead application ? And which state from u applied
Coz my ead applied by my attorney from california on 26/05/15
Still i dont get any receipt no i dont know they got my application or no
My service center was Vermont and I am from NY. They got my application on March 3rd. And my card was issued on June 1st. But it is renewal, not first time. last year I didn't have to wait so long, it was done within a month.