• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Looks like there's a last hurdle - receiving the actual GC! The USCIS system updated with a tracking number for my GC and I tracked it on the USPS website. Unfortunately, it just updated with "Undeliverable as Addressed. The package is being returned.". I'm still at work so I'm not sure whether they actually came to the building, but does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Do you actually need to be home to receive the card? I've been receiving all other mail from USCIS so I'm not sure what's so different about this one!

Okay, I think you're beginning to get things mixed up here. Not receiving the 2NL has nothing to do with when a case file gets sent by KCC to the FO, and whether or not the case file actually gets sent. So the fact that someone posted that the IO couldn't approve their case because KCC hadn't sent their case file has nothing to do with the receipt or non receipt of the 2NL. I wouldn't tell you to stop worrying about it if it's something that could potentially hurt your case.

You asked KCC "if our cases (Adjustment of Status) have been forwarded to the USCIS", they gave you their standard response regarding AOS - which is all enquiries regarding AOS should be directed to USCIS, as they do not process AOS cases.

As a matter of fact, if you call KCC to ask about your 2NL, I'm willing to bet that whoever answers your call will tell you they don't send out 2NL to AOSers - yeah that's how KCC rolls :D

Still no appointment letter, nor 2NL.
I was current in February, and did the Bio on 3/17/2015.
I received my EAD/AP cards (filed with the i485 package) almost a month ago, but no update on the i485, so I went online to schedule an Infopass, but after entering my zip code it is asking to select from three different offices? How would I know which field office my case was sent to, and/or to select for the Infopass?

Looks like there's a last hurdle - receiving the actual GC! The USCIS system updated with a tracking number for my GC and I tracked it on the USPS website. Unfortunately, it just updated with "Undeliverable as Addressed. The package is being returned.". I'm still at work so I'm not sure whether they actually came to the building, but does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Do you actually need to be home to receive the card? I've been receiving all other mail from USCIS so I'm not sure what's so different about this one!

You don't have to be there.
Is your name on the mailbox of the apartment?

I received my EAD/AP cards (filed with the i485 package) almost a month ago, but no update on the i485, so I went online to schedule an Infopass, but after entering my zip code it is asking to select from three different offices? How would I know which field office my case was sent to, and/or to select for the Infopass?

That's weird that your zip code returns with 3 possible FOs. Call the 1800 number on your NOA, the rep should be able to tell you which FO has your AOS case file.

In the post office receipt I observed that the employe wrote the zip code Chicago IL 60680-4187 instead of 60680-4120
Is that ok or went to wrong address? Sorry for the much question about the address.

Yes, it's okay. Stop worrying over minute details or you'll drive yourself crazy before the process is over.

When did u send your AOS package? What city are you in?

You don't have to be there.
Is your name on the mailbox of the apartment?

It is - it's a mystery why it appeared as undeliverable.

Happy ending, though - if this happens to you, immediately phone USPS customer support (1800 275 8777) and tell them to send a message to your local post office to hold the package there. Then, ask them for the phone number of the post office holding the package. Phone them and check when you can pick it up.

It just did all that. It took them 1.5 hours to find the package when I got there, but they eventually found it and now I finally have it! Wohooo :)

Thanks again to everyone here!!

It is - it's a mystery why it appeared as undeliverable.

Happy ending, though - if this happens to you, immediately phone USPS customer support (1800 275 8777) and tell them to send a message to your local post office to hold the package there. Then, ask them for the phone number of the post office holding the package. Phone them and check when you can pick it up.

It just did all that. It took them 1.5 hours to find the package when I got there, but they eventually found it and now I finally have it! Wohooo :)

Thanks again to everyone here!!

And a happy ending to the story. All's well that ends well! Congratulations!!

We had our interview yesterday. Things went well but at the end the lady gave us a notice stating we the interview is complete but the case is not approved yet. We were told that the visa package from Kentucky is in another office in the same building. While doing the interview, she went out to grab that but the people in that office were busy with other stuff. She said she will request visas from department of state. there is no update on our case since then...I thought requesting visa was quiet easy. I appreciate any such past experiences.
Sorry if it is a silly question. Can someone explain to me what is a visa package?

That's weird that your zip code returns with 3 possible FOs. Call the 1800 number on your NOA, the rep should be able to tell you which FO has your AOS case file.

I called the 1800 number on the NOA and the lady was not able to provide any information as to which FO has my case. She advised me to wait "since the processing times are 6 months behind ".
Why would she say that, since I only have until 9/30/2015 so "6 months behind" is not an option.

I filed in February 2015.
I am in zipcode 16870. So I guess just select Pittsburgh PA since that one is the closest to me? Or is there another way to find out which FO has my case?

I called the 1800 number on the NOA and the lady was not able to provide any information as to which FO has my case. She advised me to wait "since the processing times are 6 months behind ".
Why would she say that, since I only have until 9/30/2015 so "6 months behind" is not an option.

I filed in February 2015.
I am in zipcode 16870. So I guess just select Pittsburgh PA since that one is the closest to me? Or is there another way to find out which FO has my case?

Ignore what "the lady" said, it's not applicable to DV cases. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier on to request to speak with a level 2 officer after politely listening to what the front line customer rep who answers the phone has to say.

Anyway, based on your zipcode, you're under the Centre County, which means your FO is the Pittsburg PA office (Penn Center East, Building 7, 777 Penn Center Blvd, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15235). I did a quick search and that's the only FO that came up. Not sure how you came about the 3 FOs you mentioned before:

http://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices/pennsylvania

Ignore what "the lady" said, it's not applicable to DV cases. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier on to request to speak with a level 2 officer after politely listening to what the front line customer rep who answers the phone has to say.

Anyway, based on your zipcode, you're under the Centre County, which means your FO is the Pittsburg PA office (Penn Center East, Building 7, 777 Penn Center Blvd, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, PA 15235). I did a quick search and that's the only FO that came up. Not sure how you came about the 3 FOs you mentioned before:

Thanks for all your help. I scheduled "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" and on the next page "Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing." (all the others options did not seem to apply).
On the confirmation page is states : Appointment Type: ADIT Processing
Does that seem right? I already did my Biometrics (at a different/closer service center, not FO).

Any tips on how to handle the actual Infopass appointment? Things to say, or not to say? Bring all paperwork I assume?
Also, do I need to schedule a seperate Infopass for my wife? She has a different receipt number and also received her EAD/AP card already.
Thanks again.

Thanks for all your help. I scheduled "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" and on the next page "Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing." (all the others options did not seem to apply).
On the confirmation page is states : Appointment Type: ADIT Processing
Does that seem right? I already did my Biometrics (at a different/closer service center, not FO).

Any tips on how to handle the actual Infopass appointment? Things to say, or not to say? Bring all paperwork I assume?
Also, do I need to schedule a seperate Infopass for my wife? She has a different receipt number and also received her EAD/AP card already.
Thanks again.

Your selection is fine.

If you included your wife in the number of people attending your Infopass appointment, there's no need for a separate appointment for her, she would be allowed to enter the premises with you, regardless of her having different receipt number.

Yes, attend the appointment with all of your paperwork/documents, be prepared for an on the spot interview (not guaranteed, but it's been known to happen). Simply tell them you're following up on your case and that you want to know if an interview has been scheduled for you. If they tell you to go back and wait and it's still going to take a couple of months, do politely let them know of your concern about the need for the case to be completed before the end of the FY based on 9 FAM 42.33 N5.2 (p.4) http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf

Under INA 204(a)(1)(I)(ii)(II) (8 U.S.C. 1154(a)(1)(I)(ii)(II)), persons registered as DV immigrants are entitled to apply for visa issuance only during the fiscal year for which the application was submitted. The petition is valid until midnight of the last day of the fiscal year for which the petition was submitted. There is no carryover of benefit into another year for persons who do not receive a visa during the fiscal year for which they registered. Following-to-join derivative visas must be issued during the same fiscal year as that of the principal beneficiary.

Hi Mom

Today I went for my TB skin result, and the doctor told me I have to do chest X ray test. He said there are some old effect in my lung, and I have to go to health center(according to law). He added it is not active TB and dangerous. Feeling disappointed Mom, what's going to happen to my AoS?
Next Thursday, I have an appointment with civil surgeon.
Please answer me Mom, I feel bad:(

Hi Mom

Today I went for my TB skin result, and the doctor told me I have to do chest X ray test. He said there are some old effect in my lung, and I have to go to health center(according to law). He added it is not active TB and dangerous. Feeling disappointed Mom, what's going to happen to my AoS?
Next Thursday, I have an appointment with civil surgeon.
Please answer me Mom, I feel bad:(

Okay, let's take this one by one, you seem to be talking about several things at the same time:
1. You did the TB skin test which gave a "positive" result - indicative of TB presence, correct?
2. Doctor says you need to do a chest x-ray or you've already done the chest x-ray which indicates an inactive TB - which of these is it?

Please provide further clarification for a better understanding of what's going on.

Okay, let's take this one by one, you seem to be talking about several things at the same time:
1. You did the TB skin test which gave a "positive" result - indicative of TB presence, correct?
2. Doctor says you need to do a chest x-ray or you've already done the chest x-ray which indicates an inactive TB - which of these is it?

Please provide further clarification for a better understanding of what's going on.

Yes Mom, you're right. Sorry about that. I was excited, and could not explain it well.
I did TB test and vaccination in my husband's university health center, because his insurance covers the costs.
The TB skin test result was positive, and I did chest x-ray. After that, the doctor told me it is not active TB, but can be latent one. Then, he added "according to the law, I should go to the Local Health Deparetment because the skin test result is positive."
I set an appointment with a civil surgeon next Thursday, and I am worried about it. I'm afraid it affects my AoS procedure.
What do think Mom?

Yes Mom, you're right. Sorry about that. I was excited, and could not explain it well.
I did TB test and vaccination in my husband's university health center, because his insurance covers the costs.
The TB skin test result was positive, and I did chest x-ray. After that, the doctor told me it is not active TB, but can be latent one. Then, he added "according to the law, I should go to the Local Health Deparetment because the skin test result is positive."
I set an appointment with a civil surgeon next Thursday, and I am worried about it. I'm afraid it affects my AoS procedure.
What do think Mom?

Okay, now we're talking (thanks for the clarifications). Yes, the CS is correct. In the case of a suspected TB presence, the next step would be a follow up with your local Health Dept to confirm whether it's an Active or Inactive TB case, and to determine if it's a Class A or Class B TB. Now, if the CS already thinks it's an Inactive TB case, there's good news as an Active TB case is the one considered to be a “communicable disease of public health significance” which could render one inadmissible under INA 212(a)(1)(A)(i) (8 U.S.C. 1182(a)(1)(A)(i)).

Your local public health dept will most likely carry out a sputum smears test to determine if it's a Class A or B case. If it turns out to be a Class A TB case, a line of medical treated will be initiated - I'm not sure if you will have enough time to complete the treatment before the end of the FY (assuming that's the case you have); or if your case could possibly be approved while the treatment is ongoing.

For a Class B case, they will determine if it's a “B”1 TB, Pulmonary case;” or “Class “B”1 TB, Extrapulmonary case”. It sounds like your CS already suspects a case of “Class “B”1 TB, Extrapulmonary” – TB clinically active, not infectious, x-ray or other evidence of TB outside of the lung - a negative sputum smear test should confirm if this indeed is the case, which means no further treatment will be required.

Your local health dept will certainly provide more guidance as required by the law, so make sure you do as your CS has suggested. Meanwhile, you can read more about it below yourself if you like:

9 FAM 40.11 N9.2 Immigrant Afflicted with Tuberculosis (p.9)

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86936.pdf

Thanks a lot Mom.
If it's the case B1 TB, and I have to be treated, can I send my AoS package without Form I-693?
Then, in the interview time, I take the form?

Thanks a lot Mom.
If it's the case B1 TB, and I have to be treated, can I send my AoS package without Form I-693?
Then, in the interview time, I take the form?

I wouldn't recommend that. Without the medical form, you stand the chance of the package being rejected as incomplete by the Chicago Lockbox or in the off chance that the Chicago Lockbox accepts it, the possibility of the petition being denied by your FO is quite high and you will loose your $1075 AOS fee at that stage. Whatever you do, you want to make sure you include a signed medical form from your CS before sending in your I-485 package.