• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Work Experience Problem in my DS 260

Hi,
a few weeks ago i had submitted my Ds 260 to CEAC. but now i found that i made a mistake there. according to the eligibility (The alien must have, within five years of the date of application for a diversity immigrant visa under INA 203(c) (8 U.S.C. 1153(c)), at least two years of work experience in an occupation, which requires at least two years of training or experience.) which in my form i filled that the job that i am working now does not require the least two years of training. Actullay my job requires but i forgot to wrote there. would you please help me what should i do? if e-mail the kentucky center and if they unlock my case, then wouldn't that affect my case?

The work experience requirement is used when you don't qualify through education (i.e. high school diploma).

Do you have a high school diploma?

Yes I have, but in Afghanistan as you know the education system is not good enough to be considered equivalent the same as USA. but right now i'm working in an international company, i wanted to submit my work experience in the interview day.

One question more, i have an associate degree, and i completed the 12 years of school successfuly. In the form Ds260 there is written that what is the highest level of your study? what should mark( university degree, university but no degree, or other)?. And in the part (number of educational instiution you have attended) how much should i take? does high school and my associate degree exist in these or educational institution is something different?

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. Perhaps university but no degree?

If you have high school and associate, the number of institutions will be 2: 1 for the high school and 1 for wherever you did your associates degree.

Officially, you can submit the DS260 up until 30 September 2016, which is when the DV2016 ends.

I'd submit as soon as possible to give them sufficient time to process your application, do background checks etc.

Once they receive your DS260 they will process it and do whatever background checks are needed. The VB is irrelevant for the background checks.

If you have the Baccalauria, you should be fine.
It could be fine. However, we have heard of the multiple cases in this forum where having higher education did not absolve applicants of presenting high school evidence to a CO.

Hello!
I have a question, please.
I got a high school diploma, a vocational diploma, and a BA. My question is: Is it necessary to mention internships that I had while filling the
the DS260? Because I did not! I am qualified through education, so I thought it was not important to mention the internships. Will this cause any problem?
Thank you in advance!

Hello!
I have a question, please.
I got a high school diploma, a vocational diploma, and a BA. My question is: Is it necessary to mention internships that I had while filling the
the DS260? Because I did not! I am qualified through education, so I thought it was not important to mention the internships. Will this cause any problem?
Thank you in advance!
Your DS-260 should be as accurate as possible, regardless of using educational or work experience to qualify. That said if these were unpaid internships you are probably ok to proceed without them but if in doubt and you have time before you are current there is no harm in unlocking and updating your information

I see, hat's off to you!
Regarding the internships, they were unpaid ones. Concerning unlocking the DS-260, I already unlocked it months ago; however, I did not mention the unpaid internships. As a result, unlocking it again will not be a good idea if I am right.
Thank you for your feedback!