• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

@LazyDoggie Looking forward to the interview... and so is my wife (The front liner) lol.. So I take it that you've already been through the interview? is so.. then how did it go? let PM me your experience for my wife's reference..

As for the location... I will be going to my uncle's place in Modesto, California... but surely want to move to a broader place and environment from there..

@LazyDoggie Looking forward to the interview... and so is my wife (The front liner) lol.. So I take it that you've already been through the interview? is so.. then how did it go? let PM me your experience for my wife's reference..

As for the location... I will be going to my uncle's place in Modesto, California... but surely want to move to a broader place and environment from there..

Haha not really! I am waiting for DV2016 interview dates where my wife is a selectee too. I was optimistic for both of us when suggesting to meet in US next year :)
My cousin (and his wife) did the interview for DV2015 in March this year and moved to Trenton, New Jersey earlier this month. He was asked only three questions by the CO at Suva:

1) How did you meet?
2) When did you get married?
3) What do you intend to do in US?

That's all. And they got their welcome letter + passport stamped and picked up in 3 days.

@LazyDoggie You'll get there eventually... and Amen to us meeting in US next year!

I wonder why would they ask my wife "How did we meet" and "When did we get married" when its right there in paper that when we got married... we been married since 2009... but those are simple questions my wife can easily answer those three questions

@LazyDoggie You'll get there eventually... and Amen to us meeting in US next year!

I wonder why would they ask my wife "How did we meet" and "When did we get married" when its right there in paper that when we got married... we been married since 2009... but those are simple questions my wife can easily answer those three questions

Probably the CO was in a good mood.
But yeah, I have heard similar experiences from other family members or acquaintances who went through DV interview in Suva. The questions they ask are quite basic which revolves around family and life...

Oh the CO will be in a good mood when my family and I go for our interview... my superior spiritual being will go before me ;-)

Anyways.. off for the day now... wife's birthday on Sunday :)

Have a blesses weekend all!

Oh the CO will be in a good mood when my family and I go for our interview... my superior spiritual being will go before me ;-)

Anyways.. off for the day now... wife's birthday on Sunday :)

Have a blesses weekend all!

Wish Bhabhi a happy birthday from all of us here :)

Hi All. So my interview is in July but I have not yet received an email with the checklist requirements etc? Does this come later? Im confident I know what I need from this forum and the checklist in the dropbox account but would have been nice to receive something from the consulate also. Getting excited now so just want to be organised.

Also can you activate your green card at any US airport? Once I enter the US I then get a temporary green card valid for 12 months right? Or until the permanent one is sent to my postal address?

Yep, just a two week short trip to activate, get the SSN sorted, open bank accounts, attend a few preliminary job interviews. And a baseball game at Fenway Park! Oh, and a day at Dollywood which is legit one of my favourite places on earth.

Then it's back home to sell up, let the kids finish out the school year and make the permanent move in January. I wanna hang with @SusieQQQ and @Britsimon.

Living the dream, @Lisa D!

Hi All. So my interview is in July but I have not yet received an email with the checklist requirements etc? Does this come later? Im confident I know what I need from this forum and the checklist in the dropbox account but would have been nice to receive something from the consulate also. Getting excited now so just want to be organised.

Also can you activate your green card at any US airport? Once I enter the US I then get a temporary green card valid for 12 months right? Or until the permanent one is sent to my postal address?

From memory, we didn't get the email until 2-3 weeks before the interview. So don't panic!

You can activate the green card at any US point of entry - which can be an airport, border, or even cruise ship port! Once you enter, your actual physical green card will be sent to the address you nominate when you activate (can take up to six months). They will stamp your passport when you activate and that serves as your green card until the physical card arrives.

I never got sent an email checklist. Sydney consulate seems to be inconsistent on this, but I just used the one Emily uploaded on Dropbox and it was fine. So don't stress if you don't get an email, but you. An also email them and ask for it which is what some people did.

The permanent green card has to be sent to an American street address so you can't get it sent to your address in Australia, for example. As Emily said, you just use your stamped passport as a temporary green card until the real one arrives. I did it a couple of times with no issues.

The checklist is on the Canberra Embassy website. All Australian applicants should probably read this webpage: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/selectedapps.html

Just a heads up for anyone going to their interview in Sydney that the Consulate has updated their instructions for visa applicants this week. The link is via the travel.state.gov website under "prepare supporting documents".

travel.state.gov/ content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/SYD%20-%20Sydney.pdf

Nothing too different but a good checklist to print off

It's a new one for Sydney though. It would have been short for my husband (as the principal) as he's been a house dad / flipping houses for over 10 years!

They haven't updated the checklist at all on the US consulate site for immigrant visas. We've had this happen before where the travel.state.gov state says one thing and the actual consulate site for Australia says another (anyone remember when state.gov said you needed a federal check with full disclosure and the consulate site still had individual checks from each jurisdcition).

Last edited: