EAD: Card Was Ordered To Be Produced

@mqalander no, Service Request are for ALL types of EAD. 1st time asylum-based, Renewal asylum based, DACA-based, Employment-based ... can all submit Service Request.

@Zyam the service center are currently very busy and I have seen case in which EAD renewal took almost 120 days. It is a pain and a very widespread problem.
I was also reading somewhere, that USCIS is asking to file renewal of EAD 120 days before the expiration of current one.

Yes, the only way to feel safe right now for EAD renewal is to fill it exactly 120 days before expiration in order not to fear gaps in employment.

Reactions: CWH
Are you waiting for interview or decision?
I had my interview in April and got recommended approval. So I am waiting for these security/background cheks to be completed. Hoping that in 3 months I 'll get decision. I am tired of waiting. Applied for asylum in July 2012

Thanks for the clarification. I did not know that. But do they give any preference to first time EAD filers on service request?
Typically, no, they don't give preference to any one in responding to Service Request since it is merely a way to attract an officer attention to a case.
BUT in reality, since the processing time for 1st-time EAD is 3 weeks right now (from 1 month in the past), the Service Request is more likely to quickly lead for approval for 1st-time EAD (21 days PT) than other types of EAD (90 days PT).

The officer are not required to review your Service Request if your case do not fall outside processing timeframe. So for exemple, if you placed a Service Request for EAD renewal on May 28 when your Receipt Date was only 60days, the officer can wait until like June 25 (88 days RD) to review your Service Request.

@Zyam no, the officer called 13 days after my interview to say that the decision was not ready and that I do not have to go their office the next days. So I am still waiting.

The officer are not required to review your Service Request if your case do not fall outside processing timeframe. So for exemple, if you placed a Service Request for EAD renewal on May 28 when your Receipt Date was only 60days, the officer can wait until like June 25 (88 days RD) to review your Service Request.
But when I called, I was told that asylum based ead( even renewal ead) should be processed in 30 days. So the applicant can start calling them after 30 days and try to make service request. But sometimes it doesn't work like in my case

No, the person you got at the Service Request gave you the wrong information. Actually, this happens all the time. Whenever I call the 1-800 number, I am being told something different. Even we can do their job better.
On the USCIS website, they say this at processing time page:
"Please note that for Form I-765 category (c)(8), based on a pending asylum application, the processing timeframes listed only apply to an initial filing."

There is clearly a difference between 1st time EAD and renewal EAD.

Reactions: CWH
How much time security background checks take?
When I put an enquiry regarding my pending asylum case,receptionist told me this

You cannot check asylum Z receipt number online while your case is pending. The only time you can check online is when your case is approved.
You cannot (should not be possible) to ask about your asylum case over the phone. The only two ways in person or by mail to your asylum office.

You cannot check asylum Z receipt number online while your case is pending. The only time you can check online is when your case is approved.
You cannot (should not be possible) to ask about your asylum case over the phone. The only two ways in person or by mail to your asylum office.
oh thanks for the response I meant checking my initial EAD appliction

If you are not able to check your EAD when entering the (exact) receipt number then you should call the 1-800 and let them know that there is a problem and they should send a Service Request to fix the issue.