DMV told me my Asylum was approved

MyHope30

About a month ago I went to the DMV (florida) to renew my drivers license. A very polite lady took me and received all my documentation. She asked what was my status and I said I was pending for the asylum decision. She gathered the documents checked her screen and then told me to wait for a second. She went inside another office talked to a supervisor and then came back to tell me that the system showed that my case was approved so different documentation was needed in order to proceed to issue my new license. They gave me a temporary license because I told them I had not received the proper notification yet.
I know they use the SAVE system to check with the USCIS the status, my question is: has anyone else experience or heard something similar? It's been a month now since i went to the DMV and I still have not received my notification.
thanks for your time

Why don't you contact your AO and inquire on the status. It is really odd that DMV would have or provide that information.

Nss2009 yes I was interviewed last August. Sadsoul I sent a Status Inquiry in October and they told me that the decision was still pending. Now, the relevant detail with the DMV is that depending on your status they require different documentation in order to issue the license. So if you become an asylee then they will ask you for your SSN, but when you are "pending" then your receipt is enough to issue the license. Apparently the system showed that the case was approved but I haven't received my decision. So I can not provide them with the SSN, therefore they decided to give me a temporary license while I get the decision

This is an interesting case so please keep us posted when you receive your decision.
Also, would you mind pasting your timeline as a signature on your account?

My timeline is this:
July 2014: filed I-589
July 2014: Biometrics done
August 2014: interview done
December 2014: filed I-765 (day 151)
On January 02 elapsed the 180th day.
According to USCIS website I should receive something by the end of this month.
I'll keep you posted

Hello Assyle billa, I was interviewed in the Miami office at the beginning of August.
I know there are people here waiting for a long time for an interview or for their decisions but it seems to me that the worst waiting period is the one before you get your first EAD. You just feel like you have both arms tied

Ok guys just to keep you posted. Today I went again to the DMV to renew my license because the temporary permit they gave me is about to expire.
The situation was pretty much the same only this time they actually did let me see the screen of the computer.
Initially a message popped up saying something like : "customer is showing documentation for temporary license but VLS has identified him as an immigrant".
This time the person who served me went to the supervisor and they called somewhere afterwards she came back and told me they were gonna issue a license for one year, and told me that my decision should be in the mail because the system shows it is approved. And showed me again the screen and there was like a profile displayed and a could read literally:" asylee. Principal applicant approved".
Now I did some research and VLS stands for Verification of Lawful Status and it is used by the DMV.
Anyway I haven't received anything from USCIS and at this moment I am waiting to hear back from them about my EAD application.

Congrats myhope!! Although i never heard of such scenario, pretty sure that your approval letter is on the way.

Congratulation MyHope30. This is a great news. I am sure that this means that your case has been approved. However, it might also means that there is maybe a problem with the shipping of your asylum approval package. I don't know much you can do about it.

Just to let you know guys, I got my approval today!! Hang in there guys, I am sure you all will get good news soon! God bless you all!

Hello guys please i want to applied for asylum but i am not sure. I arrived here i. 2011. During the war in my country. I was international student and when i asked for ressource they told me that only the lottery can help me out. now i know things are getting better back home but my case is worsen here and i dont have something to go back too in my country. Please CAN SOMEBODY HELP

Nss2009 yes I was interviewed last August. Sadsoul I sent a Status Inquiry in October and they told me that the decision was still pending. Now, the relevant detail with the DMV is that depending on your status they require different documentation in order to issue the license. So if you become an asylee then they will ask you for your SSN, but when you are "pending" then your receipt is enough to issue the license. Apparently the system showed that the case was approved but I haven't received my decision. So I can not provide them with the SSN, therefore they decided to give me a temporary license while I get the decision

I got a question plz , my case for asylum case was now pending for six months . Shou!d have my lawyer send inquiry to check the status or nit? The only thing am worried abiut i dont want it ti be refer to judge!!!

Just to let you know guys, I got my approval today!! Hang in there guys, I am sure you all will get good news soon! God bless you all!

Good for u ! How long have u been waiting ? And in whivh office u did the interview? My case was pending for six months till now and i didnt hear anything

I got a question plz , my case for asylum case was now pending for six months . Shou!d have my lawyer send inquiry to check the status or nit? The only thing am worried abiut i dont want it ti be refer to judge!!!
if you are worried you can mail the asylum office and ask about the status , regular mail not emailing with your info . but i think 6 months is normal , i have been waiitng for almost 2 years ..

@samram If your case is denied and you are in status, you will receive a NOID and then after your response, you can either receive an approval or a final denial.
But if you are out of status, and your case is denied, you will be referred to an Immigration Judge.
So, the referral (if there is a denial) depends on your status.