In line for Oath- 3/23/15
Oath ceremony notice mailed -3/25/15

Applied - 11/12/14
Biometrics - 12/11/14
Interview - 3/12/15
Oath Ceremony: 4/22/15

Will update as the process moves forward, looks like 5-6 mos to get to the Oath ceremony based on your experience Bostonian.

Applied - 02/27/15
Biometrics - 04/09/15
Interview - Pending
Oath ceremony notice mailed - Pending
Oath Ceremony - Pending

Applied - 11/12/14
Biometrics - 12/11/14
Interview - 3/12/15
US passport: 4/23/2015

Hey Peeps,

Had my Oath yesterday here in Boston. Though the presiding judge was late by hour and a half, the ceremony did not take more than 20 min. The only disappointment was that photographs were not allowed because it was a court house. People who would be having oaths at Moakley Court house, do not carry cameras or electronics with you. Nothing is allowed inside the building, even liquids!!! Just like the airport!!! Though had mixed emotions of losing citizenship of my home country but was very happy to finally naturalize as I was taking the oath.

I have been very happy with the Boston office, how streamlined the whole process has been from application to interview to finally oath. I had been very anxious initially when i applied because I am traveling next week and becoming a citizen was important as I do not have to apply for visa to travel to that country. Just saved lot of money!! I just came back from the passport agency and will have my passport tomorrow. Anyways, I though people applying at Boston office may be interested in this: I asked a USCIS officer yesterday, they hold 2-3 judiciary oaths every month in Boston at the Moakley Court house or at Faneuil Hall. Mine was at the Moakley Court house and we had 97 people taking oaths yesterday. Apart from that, they do oaths on major holidays like July 4th, veterens day etc and usually as many as 500 people take oaths those days. You can bring as many guests as you can with you... Good Luck to those who have applied!!!

Applied - 11/12/14
Biometrics - 12/11/14
Interview - 3/12/15
US passport: 4/23/2015

Hey Peeps,

Had my Oath yesterday here in Boston. Though the presiding judge was late by hour and a half, the ceremony did not take more than 20 min. The only disappointment was that photographs were not allowed because it was a court house. People who would be having oaths at Moakley Court house, do not carry cameras or electronics with you. Nothing is allowed inside the building, even liquids!!! Just like the airport!!! Though had mixed emotions of losing citizenship of my home country but was very happy to finally naturalize as I was taking the oath.

I have been very happy with the Boston office, how streamlined the whole process has been from application to interview to finally oath. I had been very anxious initially when i applied because I am traveling next week and becoming a citizen was important as I do not have to apply for visa to travel to that country. Just saved lot of money!! I just came back from the passport agency and will have my passport tomorrow. Anyways, I though people applying at Boston office may be interested in this: I asked a USCIS officer yesterday, they hold 2-3 judiciary oaths every month in Boston at the Moakley Court house or at Faneuil Hall. Mine was at the Moakley Court house and we had 97 people taking oaths yesterday. Apart from that, they do oaths on major holidays like July 4th, veterens day etc and usually as many as 500 people take oaths those days. You can bring as many guests as you can with you... Good Luck to those who have applied!!!

Congratulations Sir, your experience up here in Boston gives us all hope. I continue to await patiently for my Interview notice. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I might make a 4th of July swearing in, I think that would be fantastic... but we'll see.

Kind Regards,

Naturalization interview has been scheduled in Lawrence, MA for 09 Jun 2015. About 100 days after submitting the application, I'm pleased with the progress so far and couldn't ask for better.

I may have mentioned this already but I'm hoping to take the oath on July 4th, aboard the USS constitution that would be so awesome. But I'll take whatever date they give me and still be quite proud of the achievment.

Thanks Pierre, I understand the process, however, someone told me that there are fixed days oaths are held and if you miss one of them, you will have to wait another month. So I want to know the dates in June and July, if possible.

Had my Naturalization Interview this morning and all went well, I was issued an N-652 indicating that my application has been recommended for approval. After weeks of stressing over this it took about 20 minutes from start to finish, the I/O was a very nice Gentleman, I probably thanked him a little too much at the end but I was very happy and proud.

I arrived at 10 am, made the mistake of having a small pen knife attached to my keys which the x-ray machine picked up and I had to take it back to my car and go through the screening again. Once inside I presented my interview notice and went to the waiting room. Within less then 5 minutes I was called up and introduced to my I/O, he asked me if my Immigration lawyer would be present (as my application was submitted by the lawyer that did my GC application) and I confirmed that it would be just me for the interview.

Took the oath to tell the truth and he requested my DL/GC and Passport. We started with the History/Civics Questions and they were as follows:

1. What year was the constitution written
2. What does freedom of religion mean
3 How many US Senators are there
4. When must males register for the draft
5. Name one state that boarders Canada
6. What Ocean is on the east coast

All pretty easy IMO so no problem there. Next he asked me to read a statement and write a response (I think it was something like 'what do we pay to the US government' and I wrote 'We pay taxes'). We then went through every page of my N-400, he confirmed my personal information and confirmed my responses to all of the questions. I provided him with an update of my travel log as I had a trip to Canada since submitting my N-400. He then asked me to sign a number of forms and the two passport style photos. He made no request for any documentation beyond my ID's or what was already provided in my application.

He then left the room and when he came back he confirmed that my application would be approved and indicated that my oath ceremony would likely be around Jul 29 in Worcester, MA but that I would receive the official notification in the mail with the confirmed date etc.

That's it, it was as easy as it sounds. Glad its over, next stop Oath then a US passport.

If anyone has any questions let me know I'll try my best to answer.

Cheers,

Had my Naturalization Interview this morning and all went well, I was issued an N-652 indicating that my application has been recommended for approval. After weeks of stressing over this it took about 20 minutes from start to finish, the I/O was a very nice Gentleman, I probably thanked him a little too much at the end but I was very happy and proud.

I arrived at 10 am, made the mistake of having a small pen knife attached to my keys which the x-ray machine picked up and I had to take it back to my car and go through the screening again. Once inside I presented my interview notice and went to the waiting room. Within less then 5 minutes I was called up and introduced to my I/O, he asked me if my Immigration lawyer would be present (as my application was submitted by the lawyer that did my GC application) and I confirmed that it would be just me for the interview.

Took the oath to tell the truth and he requested my DL/GC and Passport. We started with the History/Civics Questions and they were as follows:

1. What year was the constitution written
2. What does freedom of religion mean
3 How many US Senators are there
4. When must males register for the draft
5. Name one state that boarders Canada
6. What Ocean is on the east coast

All pretty easy IMO so no problem there. Next he asked me to read a statement and write a response (I think it was something like 'what do we pay to the US government' and I wrote 'We pay taxes'). We then went through every page of my N-400, he confirmed my personal information and confirmed my responses to all of the questions. I provided him with an update of my travel log as I had a trip to Canada since submitting my N-400. He then asked me to sign a number of forms and the two passport style photos. He made no request for any documentation beyond my ID's or what was already provided in my application.

He then left the room and when he came back he confirmed that my application would be approved and indicated that my oath ceremony would likely be around Jul 29 in Worcester, MA but that I would receive the official notification in the mail with the confirmed date etc.

That's it, it was as easy as it sounds. Glad its over, next stop Oath then a US passport.

If anyone has any questions let me know I'll try my best to answer.

Cheers,
Did you have to take the passport photos with you or where they the one that you had originally sent with your application ?

Did you have to take the passport photos with you or where they the one that you had originally sent with your application ?
He had the two pictures that were taken back in Feb/15 and submitted with my N-400 application. To be on the safe side I had a couple new ones taken in May which I brought with me, but since he didn't ask for more recent photos and seemed to be happy with what he had I didn't volunteer the new ones.

Cheers,

How soon are people getting oath letters after the interview?
Based on my experience the Oath Letter was mailed 20 days post interview. My lawyer indicated that it wouldn't be unusual to receive the Oath letter two weeks prior to the Ceremony regardless of when the interview occurred. So its the Oath ceremony that drives the timing of the letter not the interview.

Based on my experience the Oath Letter was mailed 20 days post interview. My lawyer indicated that it wouldn't be unusual to receive the Oath letter two weeks prior to the Ceremony regardless of when the interview occurred. So its the Oath ceremony that drives the timing of the letter not the interview.
Thanks Pierre. I had my interview yesterday and I was approved. I am assuming its too late to make the July oaths. So I will probably be doing it in August.

Thanks Pierre. I had my interview yesterday and I was approved. I am assuming its too late to make the July oaths. So I will probably be doing it in August.
Glad to be of help!

How did your interview go? Would you mind posting some details about the process, the civic questions that were asked, or your overall impression. I'm sure that folks would be interested in your experience, I know I am. I assume that you are in the Boston area, there should be time for you to make the July 29th Ceremony in Worcester assuming that's where they schedule you. Let me know where they send you, maybe we'll have an opportunity to meet up if its the same place.

Cheers,

I had my interview at the JFK Building, Boston. My appointment time was around 8am. I got there at 7:30. I was called in at around 9 am. It was a standard interview. I took oath to tell the truth. He asked for my GC, Passport and proof that I had registered for selective service. That is all he asked for.

We went through the N-400 first. He was very detailed. Chatted about my work in between. I had already prepared my travel log since the time of my application and he added that as an addendum to my application. After that we did the civics exams.

Who was the first president?
What is one thing expected of us as US citizens?
Who is the governor of Mass?
Where is the statue of liberty?
Two other, which I forgot. They were easy though.

Then I to read " Who lives in the white house?" and write "The president lives in the White House?"

After that he made me sign the N-400, worked on his computer for 10 mins and gave me the approval letter. He said most probably I would have my oath in Faneuil Hall.

I had my interview at the JFK Building, Boston. My appointment time was around 8am. I got there at 7:30. I was called in at around 9 am. It was a standard interview. I took oath to tell the truth. He asked for my GC, Passport and proof that I had registered for selective service. That is all he asked for.

We went through the N-400 first. He was very detailed. Chatted about my work in between. I had already prepared my travel log since the time of my application and he added that as an addendum to my application. After that we did the civics exams.

Who was the first president?
What is one thing expected of us as US citizens?
Who is the governor of Mass?
Where is the statue of liberty?
Two other, which I forgot. They were easy though.

Then I to read " Who lives in the white house?" and write "The president lives in the White House?"

After that he made me sign the N-400, worked on his computer for 10 mins and gave me the approval letter. He said most probably I would have my oath in Faneuil Hall.
Nicely done, congratulations.

Looks like you'll be in Boston and I'll be out here in Worcester for the Oath's.

Regards,

Any ideas on the next oath date & location in the Boston, MA district? I'm still waiting on the letter in the mail and have to make some travel plans. Thank you!