I-130 Petition for Parents of US Citizens through Consular Processing.

Bernice321, Arbuzik, any news?

My parents received the NVC letters. They made it across the ocean in 2 weeks.

What's the status of your DS-261 online? Mine says "completed". Do you guys know if yours have been approved? They say "allow 15 days for NVC to process" it -- Are those regular days (that is, 2 weeks) or business days (3 weeks)? :)

fjelltronen

My Mother hasn't received anything yet. I'm very happy that I got the email with the welcome letters and I was able to complete the DS-261 online. Mine says "Completed" as well. I went also made the payment online for the AOS because I waited to receive a notification or letter after completing the DS-261 online but nothing arrived so I did it as well and it now shows the fee as PAID. Right now I'm starting to fill out the Visa Application online and I'm starting to put together the supporting documentation that I'll need to send out.

On what step are you?

On what step are you?

Nothing has changed since I made the AOS payment. It shows up as PAID, but all the other information is "N/A" (the visa application link, the documents, the IV fee). I'm also gathering the information needed for the visa application and the supporting documents, but I'm not allowed yet to begin/submit the application. I assumed that I need to wait for the DS-261 to be approved for the IV fee to become available and once that is paid, the visa application becomes available.

Did you pay the IV fee? Was the link to the visa application available to you from the start?

Nothing has changed since I made the AOS payment. It shows up as PAID, but all the other information is "N/A" (the visa application link, the documents, the IV fee). I'm also gathering the information needed for the visa application and the supporting documents, but I'm not allowed yet to begin/submit the application. I assumed that I need to wait for the DS-261 to be approved for the IV fee to become available and once that is paid, the visa application becomes available.

Did you pay the IV fee? Was the link to the visa application available to you from the start?

I'm the same here. It is so confusing. Do you know if we are require to summit first the Affidavit of Support before being able to summit the online application for the immigrant visa? If you know or you have any changes please let us know. thanks

Hello forum members i have been following this thread for some time now and soo happy with your good work in helping each other keep it up.

Do you know if we are require to summit first the Affidavit of Support before being able to summit the online application for the immigrant visa?

It should go with all other documents after the visa application is submitted. They make sure to state that it should be a single package:

After you collect your Affidavit of Support form(s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...grant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Thanks for letting me know about your case. Hopefully, things will progress soon. :)

It should go with all other documents after the visa application is submitted. They make sure to state that it should be a single package:

After you collect your Affidavit of Support form(s) and financial evidence in Step 4, and supporting documents in Step 5, you must submit all of your forms, financial evidence, and photocopies of your original civil documents in ONE package to the NVC. Your case may be significantly delayed if you fail to submit all of your documents in one package.

http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...grant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Thanks for letting me know about your case. Hopefully, things will progress soon. :)

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why I thought it would be two separate packets. I still don't understand why we are unable to start the IV application. I have been going checking for several days but no changes. I will give it until Tuesday of next week and if there are no changes I will call them and see ask them why I'm unable to start the application. It doesn't even let me pay for it.
Good Luck with your case. keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know why I thought it would be two separate packets. I still don't understand why we are unable to start the IV application. I have been going checking for several days but no changes. I will give it until Tuesday of next week and if there are no changes I will call them and see ask them why I'm unable to start the application. It doesn't even let me pay for it.
Good Luck with your case. keep us posted on the progress.

Yeah. It's been almost 1 month and no change. I plan on calling also sometime next week. I'm guessing that the application is not available because we didn't pay the IV fee, but I don't know why we cannot pay that fee just yet -- maybe we need to wait for the DS-261 to be processed/approved first?? I don't know.

09/10/14 applied for parents I 130 (mother and father). Got RFE for father, sent papers needed. No response yet.
Mother got no RFE. Still no response on her I 130 status.
Not sure why online it says 5 months. My friend last year filed for her father and his processing time was 11 months. His GC was filed from US while he was staying here. Please advise of latest processing times for US citizens Indian parents. Waiting desperately for parents to join me.
I really appreciate this post.

09/10/14 applied for parents I 130 (mother and father). Got RFE for father, sent papers needed. No response yet.
Mother got no RFE. Still no response on her I 130 status.
Not sure why online it says 5 months. My friend last year filed for her father and his processing time was 11 months. His GC was filed from US while he was staying here. Please advise of latest processing times for US citizens Indian parents. Waiting desperately for parents to join me.
I really appreciate this post.

Try to see if you can call USCIS and ask about the status of your petitions. In most cases, it does take only 5 months to process I-130s, but there are exceptions. The processing done for people who are already in the US is different than for those that will apply for the immigration visa outside of the US. It's done by different agencies and they have different time lines. Also, I don't believe that the processing times depend on your parents' country of origin. Try to contact USCIS to figure out why it's taking longer than usual for them to decide on your petitions.

Try to see if you can call USCIS and ask about the status of your petitions. In most cases, it does take only 5 months to process I-130s, but there are exceptions. The processing done for people who are already in the US is different than for those that will apply for the immigration visa outside of the US. It's done by different agencies and they have different time lines. Also, I don't believe that the processing times depend on your parents' country of origin. Try to contact USCIS to figure out why it's taking longer than usual for them to decide on your petitions.

Hello, thanks so much for prompt reply. I will call USCIS and update this forum with findings.

Hello, thanks so much for prompt reply. I will call USCIS and update this forum with findings.
OK, so I called USCIS. It had general update as it appears on my case online also. No new information. I will take a personal appointment in 15 days. As then it would have been 45 days since an online inquiry I made March 29th. I don't understand this delay.

OK, so I called USCIS. It had general update as it appears on my case online also. No new information. I will take a personal appointment in 15 days. As then it would have been 45 days since an online inquiry I made March 29th. I don't understand this delay.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. It's best to talk to somebody in person to find out what's going on. The information over the phone was given to you by a human or an automated system? In person, ask details about the delay, ask when you should inquire again if nothing changes.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. It's best to talk to somebody in person to find out what's going on. The information over the phone was given to you by a human or an automated system? In person, ask details about the delay, ask when you should inquire again if nothing changes.
I got machine answering me. I dont know how to get a human to respond.

I got machine answering me. I dont know how to get a human to respond.

Yeah, the automated system will give you the same information you can view online. I'm not sure how you can get a person on the phone ... it's been a while since I had to call USCIS. Good luck for your personal appointment.

Heya fjelltronen!
Guys!

I am little bit lost here...
What's the next step for me?

I c your DS-261 was Approved. How did you find out?
Were you able to pay your IV Fees?

It shows PAY NOW for me, but when I click on it there is no box to select to pay on next page.
I am thinking may be I should send the paperwork without "invitation" to do that?

Thank you in advance,
Arbuzik

Hey Arbuzik,

I c your DS-261 was Approved. How did you find out?

I called NVC to ask about it [4 weeks had passed and I had not heard any news]. They did it while I was on the phone with them.

Were you able to pay your IV Fees? It shows PAY NOW for me, but when I click on it there is no box to select to pay on next page.

It's the same for me too (on the CEAC website). However, a few days after my phone call, I got the IV invoice paperwork in my email inbox. So, I submitted the IV payment by mail and now I'm waiting to hear about the next steps. The payment by mail takes longer than the online payment, so I'm still waiting. Nothing has changed in the online account.

I am thinking may be I should send the paperwork without "invitation" to do that?

Try calling them and asking about the status of the DS-261 and the IV fee. I would not send anything without them asking for/requiring/needing it.

Hope this helps.

Hey Arbuzik,

I called NVC to ask about it [4 weeks had passed and I had not heard any news]. They did it while I was on the phone with them.

It's the same for me too (on the CEAC website). However, a few days after my phone call, I got the IV invoice paperwork in my email inbox. So, I submitted the IV payment by mail and now I'm waiting to hear about the next steps. The payment by mail takes longer than the online payment, so I'm still waiting. Nothing has changed in the online account.

Try calling them and asking about the status of the DS-261 and the IV fee. I would not send anything without them asking for/requiring/needing it.

Hope this helps.

Hey fjelltronen!
Thanks for clarifying this for me!
It helped a lot!

I am gonna wait a little for website to improve.
If it will not in the nearest future I will start making calls.

Thanks again!
I will keep you posted

Well, I decided to call...
After being on hold for 38 minutes I spoke to nice lady and she told me, that invoice for IV Fee was sent to me by email on May 5th. It probably ended up in Deleted folder and was deleted permanently after all. So I asked her to resend it to me by regular mail and I should get it in about 1 week.

Well, I decided to call...
After being on hold for 38 minutes I spoke to nice lady and she told me, that invoice for IV Fee was sent to me by email on May 5th. It probably ended up in Deleted folder and was deleted permanently after all. So I asked her to resend it to me by regular mail and I should get it in about 1 week.

I'm glad you sorted it all out.

My IV fee payments were confirmed last week, but there's no change online. The next step is the visa application, but the link is still N/A. I've been seeing the notice about some people having technical issues and I guess they are still working on it. There's nothing we can do until they resolve those problems.